Moparts

Tunes in Your Mopar

Posted By: Kudakidd

Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/05/23 11:21 PM

Natch, the AM radio didn't work in my car. Had to have some sounds. For under $40 I picked up this little JBL speaker. It kicks azz. It almost fit in the ashtray!

Attached picture thumbnail_IMG_4676.jpg
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/05/23 11:30 PM

I listen to the engine.

(for stereo, roll the windows down)
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/05/23 11:37 PM

Gee Barry, I never heard that answer. lol
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
I listen to the engine.

(for stereo, roll the windows down)

I own a stroked 427 AC Cobra, side-pipes of course. I have no choice.
Posted By: klunick

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 01:25 AM

Yep, just listen to the engine. Mopars are not running, but that is what I do in the Cyclone. My mopar buddy and I were crusing some time ago and laughing about that. Tunes would probably just ruin everything as we were cruising down some old 2 lane country roads. I looked at him and said, My god, if I didn't know any better, this could be the 1970's. Just 2 old gray beards crusing along without a care in the world. Even funnier is when we were on the 4 lane road, folks were passing us and giving the, "Yep, that is pretty much what I expected" look.
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 02:35 AM

Radio delete for thirty years. Last year I started using my phone and ear buds. It's a nice change.
KID
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 03:24 AM

Clarion head unit, Rockford-Fosgate amp and Infinity 6x9s w/built in crossovers. Sounds great over the 3" exhaust with the windows down at 60mph!
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 03:31 AM

Radio delete in the Duster. The 418" stroked 340 is music to my ears.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 11:48 AM

I had a car with an fm convertor that made it enjoyable on longer drives. You can switch from the engine to it when you like. That’s what the new car is going to have once the radio comes back from its rework.
Posted By: Black_Sheep

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 11:52 AM

I had an input jack added to my AM/8 Track when it was in for a “tune up”, I can plug in my iPod and play it through the radio. It works great and doesn’t alter the stock appearance.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 12:14 PM

Bluetooth amp ran to 6X9 speakers, no head unit. Amp under the seat, play music from IPod or phone. Listening to the engine noise is good for diagnostic purposes, music is needed for cruising.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 12:18 PM

Yes the JBL Clip and Go are nice options for the car

Then you have the JBL Flip and Charge for home or at car shows

Nothing worse then being parked at a car show right next to the blaring speakers from the organizers to the point you can’t even talk with somebody

Technology today is amazing
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 02:10 PM

With having a few cars, it is so much easier to just have blutooth speaker and use my phone . . . no need to change anything. And still have the "old" AM radio . . .
Posted By: wingman

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by a12rag
With having a few cars, it is so much easier to just have blutooth speaker and use my phone . . . no need to change anything. And still have the "old" AM radio . . .

Same.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 05:32 PM

I like it. Neat idea. I like a little sound in the background too.
Posted By: racerx20

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 07:42 PM

I use a bluetooth speaker in my RR as well so much simpler and it stores in my console when not in use. It doesn't make sense to me to upgrade the original AM one speaker radio, I just want some music!
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/06/23 10:27 PM

I have a stock AM radio in the dash of my 1970 Monte Carlo. Put a radio in the glove box that has AUX and USB ports in it. Ran wires for those under the dash and out the ashtray. Can listen to music at low speeds. Higher speeds I either use one bluetooth earbud from my cell phone or one earbud from my ipod.
Posted By: Remy-Z

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/07/23 08:46 PM

Planning on sending off my factory deck to be modified with a small amp, aux/power jack and Bluetooth capability later this year. On those larger later-1970s cases, there's plenty of room for improvement.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/10/23 03:00 PM

no radio at all, an no plans to alter that

I listen to solid lifters and dual exhaust
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Tunes in Your Mopar - 06/11/23 12:22 AM

I wouldn’t be able to hear the radio if I had one laugh2
© 2024 Moparts Forums