Moparts

The HULK and his MOPARS

Posted By: A12

The HULK and his MOPARS - 05/01/23 08:00 AM

Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: The HULK and his MOPARS - 05/01/23 01:08 PM

I used to own the red/white 69 road runner. It was a TX car I bought in 1981. I sold it in 1988 to buy my first house. Been looking for it for since it was restored and sold by Jack Irons of Michigan. 1991 was the last time I new it's whereabouts. I am hoping to get a chance to see it sometime and share a bit of history. I am really glad to see it still being enjoyed.

Re: The HULK and his MOPARS - 05/01/23 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by 70gtx440dana
I used to own the red/white 69 road runner. It was a TX car I bought in 1981. I sold it in 1988 to buy my first house. Been looking for it for since it was restored and sold by Jack Irons of Michigan. 1991 was the last time I new it's whereabouts. I am hoping to get a chance to see it sometime and share a bit of history. I am really glad to see it still being enjoyed.

up beer
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: The HULK and his MOPARS - 05/01/23 04:18 PM

He has a great selection of cool mopars...that 68 charger is awesome. It has A/C!!!
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: The HULK and his MOPARS - 05/01/23 04:54 PM

The runner and cuda fire right up and I didn’t hear an electric pump. So many people don’t get their cars and use them, impressive these don’t appear to be “art.”
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: The HULK and his MOPARS - 05/01/23 04:58 PM

I guess I am showing my age or lack there of(44). I was expecting whoever the actor is that plays the "Hulk" comic book character lol. I had forgotten Hulk Hogan was a Mopar guy.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: The HULK and his MOPARS - 05/02/23 12:21 AM

A shop I used to work with built him a Hemi Dart clone, pretty sure it is long gone now...
Posted By: topside

Re: The HULK and his MOPARS - 05/02/23 01:17 AM

The Hulk (the angry green one), Hulk Hogan, Nico Hulkenberg (F1)...
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: The HULK and his MOPARS - 05/02/23 01:39 AM

Nice collection thumbs
I was in high school with Terry Bollea aka Hulk Hogan, Robinson HS/Tampa.

Re: The HULK and his MOPARS - 05/02/23 03:58 AM

Lately more and more I'm starting to realize that back in 1969 I sat down with my dad (co-signer as I was just a few months shy of 19) and the local Plymouth dealer and picked out the options to order my first car a 1969 RM23 Road Runner and it turns out to be a favorite and it one case "the perfect Road Runner". A recent episode of Graveyard Carz called "Jonesing for a Road Runner" had Mark Worman sit down with a local Dodge dealer and create, according to Mark, "The Perfect Road Runner" to make a car like the dealer had when he was young. The car just about ended up like the RR I sat down and order back in the spring of 1969. What I ordered was a RM23 hardtop, 383, 727 Torqueflite, 3.91 Suregrip, Air Grabber, black bucket seats, console, A01 Light Package, hood stripes, power steering, AM radio (as I worked part-time installing car audio and put an 8-Track hidden in the glovebox and FM tuner within a few weeks) and in the undesirable F5 GREEN. Looking back the only thing I wish I would have ordered was power disc brakes but otherwise it was perfect IMO and close to what MW and Mr. Jones had spec'd out more than 50 years later. Had it for ten years and wished I never had to sell it as it sat and I raced motorcycles all over. F5 GREEN with a black interior, 3.91 and a 727, lots of fun and lots of great memories and for me "Just Perfect"

Attached picture My F5 RR Jo Ann and current F5 nomirr001.jpg
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: The HULK and his MOPARS - 05/02/23 09:15 PM

One of my reps grew up on the south side of Chicago (no - not Leroy Brown) & he bought a new 1969 RR - I think his was blue. He's told me lots of great stories from the Chicago street racing scene from back then. Great stuff.
© 2024 Moparts Forums