Moparts

Cocaine Bear why did we watch it?

Posted By: rdrnr6970

Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/18/23 10:42 PM

Holy what th he'll was universal thinking!My wife and I watched that pile of pooooo atlas it was free!We thought ohhh maybe it's funny,nope horendous scene's, terrible cheap horror postetics,cg and questionable acting.Sceneslike evil dead from the 70s and Death proof atleast there was a charger and a challenger driveedit out 45 minutes of bad acting and dead air and u got a movie!Please don't see this cocaine bear movie unless ur high,drunk or hate humans!Honey we have to call universal!They probably don't even know me hey it's me remember....Paranormal activity....lol
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/18/23 11:37 PM

I missed seeing it. I know it was a B movie kind of thing you would have seen in the 80’s-90’s, so I know not to go in thinking it would be academy award winning stuff. Sorta like Fast and Furious movies. You know it’s crap, but you still see it because of the cool car stuff. In the case of cocaine and animals, it reminded me of the crap that was going on here in the valley back in the 80’s. Oh well, have to grab a copy and have my own movie night now as they pulled it from theater’s here last weekend.
Posted By: topside

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/19/23 12:37 AM

I figured the trailer was all I needed to see to get the gist of it.
Main downside I can see is some idiot will actually try giving a bear - or some other animal - some cocaine...
Remember the Tide pods insanity ?
Posted By: klunick

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/19/23 12:53 AM

Was walking with a coworker at lunch today and she was telling me about the movie. I actually thought it was going to be a comedy. Not even close apparently. Guess I'll miss this one.
Posted By: Soopernaut

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/19/23 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by topside
I figured the trailer was all I needed to see to get the gist of it.
Main downside I can see is some idiot will actually try giving a bear - or some other animal - some cocaine...
Remember the Tide pods insanity ?

I've never seen it, but apparently it was based on a true story.
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/19/23 11:29 AM

You're wright.A bear got into cocaine ate it and died,the rest is Hollywood's artistic license unfortunately.We do feel bad for the bear though.
Posted By: 360view

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/19/23 01:34 PM

Bad movie,
but it sold enough tickets to pay for production.

There is an old Book: The Bluegrass Conspiracy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/171887.The_Bluegrass_Conspiracy

Just by chance there are family connections:

Bad ex-cop and deceased parachutist Drew Thorton was my parachute instructor in the early 1980s.

Thorton and his partner hid in a “For Sale” empty house to rob a good friend of my father who lived nearby.

My sister and her husband later bought that house.
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/19/23 04:58 PM

I watched it for free. If I had paid for it I would have been disappointed.

I think they were going for a campy mix of sharknado and 70/80's b grade horror flick.

Might be funny if you watch it with a bunch of friends to mock it.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/19/23 05:10 PM

It was exactly what I expected it to be. I liked it. It was a dumb, fun movie, just like Sharknado, Zombeaver, etc
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/20/23 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger
It was exactly what I expected it to be. I liked it. It was a dumb, fun movie, just like Sharknado, Zombeaver, etc
OK, now googling Zombeaver haha
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/21/23 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by 70VcodeCoronetRT
Originally Posted by not_a_charger
OK, now googling Zombeaver haha

I think there is one about a raccoon called ‘Crackcoon’ out there.
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/21/23 12:53 AM

Don't forget "Big-Ass Spider!" (yes, the exclamation point is part of the title). I don't think it was caused by drug use, it's just a big-ass spider. laugh
Posted By: Greenwood

Re: Cocaine Bear why did we watch it? - 04/24/23 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by 360view
Bad movie,
but it sold enough tickets to pay for production.

There is an old Book: The Bluegrass Conspiracy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/171887.The_Bluegrass_Conspiracy

Just by chance there are family connections:

Bad ex-cop and deceased parachutist Drew Thorton was my parachute instructor in the early 1980s.

Thorton and his partner hid in a “For Sale” empty house to rob a good friend of my father who lived nearby.

My sister and her husband later bought that house.

So, you guys are telling me that "Justified" was actually a documentary? smile
© 2024 Moparts Forums