Moparts

Anyone order a new Challnger ?

Posted By: bigdad

Anyone order a new Challnger ? - 03/06/23 02:35 AM

Local , long gone dealership back in the day picture

Attached picture chalnew.jpg
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Anyone order a new Challnger ? - 03/06/23 02:00 PM

Wish I could have back then, but I wasn't even born yet..
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Anyone order a new Challnger ? - 03/06/23 02:18 PM

In some ways, I am reliving my youth.

In the early 70s, I could look through the dealership windows and dream about owning one of those new muscle cars. And now, I can do that again! laugh2
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Anyone order a new Challnger ? - 03/06/23 03:57 PM

I ordered a new 1971 Challenger that was waiting for me when I got back from Vietnam in the summer of that year, if that is what you are asking.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Anyone order a new Challnger ? - 03/06/23 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda
I ordered a new 1971 Challenger that was waiting for me when I got back from Vietnam in the summer of that year, if that is what you are asking.

Well - what did you order - what engine & options?
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Anyone order a new Challnger ? - 03/07/23 01:11 AM

That window art is awesome too
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Anyone order a new Challnger ? - 03/07/23 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by 340Cuda

Well - what did you order - what engine & options?

To the best of my recollection

It was blue with a while vinyl top, 340 automatic. Track pack which came with 3.55 8.75 limited slip rear end and perhaps bigger sway bars. E-60 tires. Black interior with cassette player with microphone for dictation, AM radio, should have got AM/FM. It had plain wheels and dog dish hub caps.

I soon added slotted mags with G-60s in back, like the T/As. I then had to add air shocks for tire clearance.

I had it until the early 80's when I traded it for some landscape work at the house I had built and still live in today.

Items I had ordered but were canceled were a T/A style hood and six way manual seats.

Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Anyone order a new Challnger ? - 03/08/23 01:30 PM

Yes. A 2023 though LOL
© 2024 Moparts Forums