Moparts

64 Polara 4-door in Chicago Pick & Pull

Posted By: PLUM_72

64 Polara 4-door in Chicago Pick & Pull - 01/22/23 04:49 PM

Those of you in the Chicago area that are early B-body fans, there is a 1964 Polara 4-door over at Victory Auto wreckers in the pick and pull. It's a rare opportunity as you typically don't see these in the pick and pull. Don't know much about the car, but I'd love to see somebody grab parts from it before its crushed.

Attached picture STK160241.jpg
Attached picture STK160241i.jpg
Posted By: TJP

Re: 64 Polara 4-door in Chicago Pick & Pull - 01/22/23 04:54 PM

shock lot's of good stuff there up
Posted By: tboomer

Re: 64 Polara 4-door in Chicago Pick & Pull - 01/22/23 04:57 PM

There most certainly is!! If I was younger I would buy it just to get some parts to put my 64 back on the street!
Posted By: moparx

Re: 64 Polara 4-door in Chicago Pick & Pull - 01/22/23 05:19 PM

what a great opportunity !
just the pictures provided show there are a lot of great parts there.
what engine does it have or had ?
how rusty is the car ?
beer
Posted By: TJP

Re: 64 Polara 4-door in Chicago Pick & Pull - 01/23/23 02:09 AM

I was surprised at the original upholstery, yes it's torn but Chrysler interiors were not noted for there longevity. That car I'm guessing sat inside somewhere for a LONG time until the owner passed on. definitely a lot of parts there twocents beer
Posted By: wingman

Re: 64 Polara 4-door in Chicago Pick & Pull - 01/23/23 06:50 PM

Grille and side trim alone would be worth a trip..
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 64 Polara 4-door in Chicago Pick & Pull - 01/24/23 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by tboomer
There most certainly is!! If I was younger I would buy it just to get some parts to put my 64 back on the street!

Once they are in a yard around here you cannot get them back out, stupid Illinoise laws, all you can do is take parts off of them. If it were a Dart then I would be all over it... sawzall
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: 64 Polara 4-door in Chicago Pick & Pull - 01/24/23 03:37 PM

Never know what it's like rust wise without seeing it but it looks OK and pretty complete. Here's hoping people who need the parts get the chance before it gets crushed.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: 64 Polara 4-door in Chicago Pick & Pull - 01/24/23 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by tboomer

Once they are in a yard around here you cannot get them back out, stupid Illinoise laws, all you can do is take parts off of them. If it were a Dart then I would be all over it... sawzall

Not just Illinois, I think its a rule/law for any Pick A Part type yard regardless of location.
© 2024 Moparts Forums