Moparts

Wolfie's Cars in PA

Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Wolfie's Cars in PA - 01/13/23 07:43 PM

One of my favourite websites 20 years ago was Wolfie's Cars in PA.

Remember he had a knack of finding some incredibly cool (and rough) AARs and T/As.

Does anyone remember the internet address? I know its long gone but I was just curious what it was.

Did anyone ever save any pictures of any of his cars?

I know he is still around as I seen him at Carlisle this past year. He has a very distinctive voice. I always stop and say hi.

Anyway if anyone remembers his website or has pictures I would appreciate it.

Dave
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Wolfie's Cars in PA - 01/13/23 09:59 PM

No real help here- but your post brought back memories from when I was a teen. Historically always way overpriced, but when you closed your eyes after decoding vin and/or sheet, he had some AWESOME cars. His voice sounds like he gargled battery acid every morning!

Edit:

For those unfamiliar, he advertised all his cars for sale (which the majority were MAJOR resto projects/shells) at today's prices, but 25 years ago....
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Wolfie's Cars in PA - 01/14/23 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by moparjim79
No real help here- but your post brought back memories from when I was a teen. Historically always way overpriced, but when you closed your eyes after decoding vin and/or sheet, he had some AWESOME cars. His voice sounds like he gargled battery acid every morning!

Edit:

For those unfamiliar, he advertised all his cars for sale (which the majority were MAJOR resto projects/shells) at today's prices, but 25 years ago....
Greedy was he work
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Wolfie's Cars in PA - 01/14/23 02:43 AM

I bought a 73 Petty blue 340 duster from him many years ago.with no engine. It was way rusted beyond repair and I kept the fender tag and stuff as a keepsake.
Posted By: Savoy1964

Re: Wolfie's Cars in PA - 01/14/23 10:22 AM

Found a Facebook site

https://www.facebook.com/people/Wolfies-CARS/100062782576344/
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: Wolfie's Cars in PA - 01/18/23 05:42 AM

Reminds me of Heminet One of the first sites I got in to.
KID
Posted By: HoosierTA

Re: Wolfie's Cars in PA - 01/20/23 12:08 AM

[i
Wolfie had the build sheet to my TA. In his orange car, he found three build sheets; none were for his car. Sold mine to me at a fair price. Nice fellow
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Wolfie's Cars in PA - 01/22/23 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kidsixpack
Reminds me of Heminet One of the first sites I got in to.
KID

thanks.

Yes, heminet.com brings back memories from 20+ years ago

Carsten
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Wolfie's Cars in PA - 01/22/23 03:46 PM

Wolfie would strip cars down to the bones and then give a detailed fender tag listing of all the options the car once had. He had plastic bread trays of pitted e body door handles at Carlisle. He sold junk. If you had a hole to fill on your car he had a worn out part to fill it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums