Moparts

Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area?

Posted By: 11secdart

Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 09:49 AM

Does anybody know two guys by the name of Bower and Lloyd Whitney ? Lloyd Whitney lives in Ft.Hood , Bower answered a parts wanted ad on here for a crankshaft
Saying his friend Lloyd had the crank I wanted , needless to say I sent money for the crank and he won’t ship it despite cashing the money order days ago and he is ignoring my emails
Bower deleted his account on here which really has me suspicious . At this point I just want my money back . Can anybody here on Moparts help me out with info on these two ? PM me or lbvracing@aol.com Thanks
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 11:38 AM

Man that sucks. I don’t know them but I’ll ask around. I’m guessing they did not have many posts? How much did you loose?

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 12:56 PM

$700 … Thank you !
Posted By: McCandlessboy

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 02:28 PM

There was a mystery ad for an X block out of fort hood the other week. We chased it down and had someone going with cash to pick up, then they disappeared.
Posted By: azblackhemi

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 02:35 PM

"My friend has the part you want" I've gotten that response to numerous wanted ads I have posted. Sorry to say you've been scammed. Say goodby to your money.

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 03:38 PM

I am starting to think that , he sent me pictures of the crank . I guess its my fault for trusting people I have bought and sold on Moparts for over 20 years this is my first bad experience. I should have known something was suspicious when he wanted the money order sent to his wife in another state, I do have the address the money order was sent to in St James Missouri I am really upset over this can I call the police dept in Missouri and file a criminal complaint over the phone ? I have the wifes name ? McCandless boy. that is beyond ironic that the x block was in Ft Hood also ! Weird ! Thanks guys !
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by 11secdart
I am starting to think that , he sent me pictures of the crank . I guess its my fault for trusting people I have bought and sold on Moparts for over 20 years this is my first bad experience. I should have known something was suspicious when he wanted the money order sent to his wife in another state, I do have the address the money order was sent to in St Charles Missouri I am really upset over this can I call the police dept in Missouri and file a criminal complaint over the phone ? I have the wifes name ? McCandless boy. that is beyond ironic that the x block was in Ft Hood also ! Weird ! Thanks guys !

I would at least give that a try. Do you know where the check was cashed (bank or check cashing service)? If at a bank, call them as well. If you sent a personal check, talk to your bank also. It's going to be an uphill battle, but one worth fighting. I HATE thieves!
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 04:43 PM

Might be worth a talk to a lawyer, Since they cashed it you may be able to sue them for it. Did you save the correspondence between the you and the seller? If so it will help your case. I am always leery of doing deals like this only on the honer system.

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 05:19 PM

Yes I have all the email correspondence on my desk top and phone . I can only trace the money order that it was cashed don't know where or how only that it was cashed . I did send the seller an e mail a little while ago with the theme from " Cops " I guess it struck a nerve as he responded by emailing back saying " calm down bro I am not eating your money " whats ever thats supposed to mean , I responded by emailing back " I will calm down when you explain whats going on here " I haven't heard back... stay tuned !
Posted By: CrazyD

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 06:18 PM

The seller is telling you what you want to hear to buy him some time. Don't wait.

Call the cops in St Charles with the woman's name and address, file a complaint to get this transaction on record. Cops probably know her...

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 06:51 PM

From the internet, perhaps a clue to your thief's identity:

The phrase "to eat money" is now defined in the venerable Oxford English Dictionary (OED). Its meaning is the same as in South Africa: embezzlement or theft. But the OED says the phrase is currently mostly in use in Nigeria, and in East Africa

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 07:49 PM

OMG thats great !!! .. I had a suspicion based on his other vocabulary or lack there of ... before contacting the police ( which I am on Monday ) I am thinking of emailing him saying already I have and they are working on a warrant for his wifes arrest for theft .. and see what his response is.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 08:13 PM

Probably not his wife. Do a google earth search for the address and see where you sent the money. May be a dead drop for the money.

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 08:51 PM

Man you guys are really helpful !!! Thanks !!! .. I googled the address , its a trailer .
Posted By: Garry Owen

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 09:25 PM

If you know anyone active duty army they might be able to search global for them if they are truly at fort hood. I’ve done it before when I was in to find out what units people were in. I can’t speak to what it’s like now with politicization of the military but once upon a time if you knew the unit you could call them and ask to speak to the command sergeant major and get him involved.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 10:36 PM

I got a pm on here about a wanted ad I posted and was instructed to e-mail Lloyd Whitley. I suspected a scam and the guy answering the e-mail pretty much verified it. I sent no money.

Good luck getting yours back.

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/24/22 10:46 PM

Really Slantzilla ? Wow and the same name also … Lloyd Whitney .. I wish I would have been a little more cautious

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/25/22 12:04 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys I appreciate it , it does as I suspected appear that I was scammed to the tune of $720 , now I am out the $ and I still don't have the small block 4 inch stroker crank I need . I realize there probably isn't much chance of recovering my money but I do have a few options I am going to look into . I do know however that a certain Lloyd Whitney and his accomplice former Moparts member " D Bower " are on Santas naughty list and are for sure getting a stocking full of coal. Merry Christmas to all of you !!!

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/25/22 01:34 AM

Have you tried finding them on facebook? You might get some more info that way.

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/25/22 01:49 AM

Good idea sir ! Thanks
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/25/22 05:40 AM

Did you use the US mail and send it with a tracking number?

I'd file a complaint with the postmaster for fraud, using postal service.

I never got a penny back from something that happened almost 20 years ago, other than the A$$hole got a 3 year run in federal prison.

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/25/22 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by 11secdart
Really Slantzilla ? Wow and the same name also … Lloyd Whitney .. I wish I would have been a little more cautious

I was nervous after the pm on here. I e-mailed Whitney and included my shipping address, and Whitney wanted to know when I could pick the part up. I e-mailed back about shipping and he just said $1000. That was for an F-body steering column.
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/25/22 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by crackedback
Did you use the US mail and send it with a tracking number?

I'd file a complaint with the postmaster for fraud, using postal service.

I never got a penny back from something that happened almost 20 years ago, other than the A$$hole got a 3 year run in federal prison.

If used a USPS money order, you want to contact: https://www.uspis.gov/.

https://www.uspis.gov/report

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/25/22 05:45 PM

More helpful info, you guys are the best ! Thanks again ! Merry Christmas !!!
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/26/22 03:12 PM

WOW eek same guy answered my parts wanted ad and ran me around and around on email, didn’t want me coming to get the part, wanted to ship t to me, I said no thank you, send me your address and I’ll come get it, my ad was specifically worded for the part (rear axle housing) to be close because I didn’t want to pay shipping, he ask how I would like to pay for the part and I said cash…when I pick it up…never heard another peep out of him. Thought t was odd from the beginning when I noticed he had 0 posts on Moparts…#$&$# scammers mad

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/26/22 04:37 PM

Thanks again crackedback and 1972cudaV12 I went to the website and filed the report. UPDATE: I received an email from Lloyd Whitney saying he is refunding my $$$ after the holidays he will send it on the 29th I responded : send me a picture of a money order made out to me for the amount I sent you by 5: 00 today or I will continue filing criminal reports.. he said he will see what he can do ... fingers crossed !!!
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/26/22 07:24 PM

This is the email he’s still responding to me on, in broken English he just called me a scumbag…. whitney_lloyd@aol.com….

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/26/22 07:58 PM

Thats the email ! omg !

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/26/22 09:40 PM

Yep, same e-mail I was given.

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/27/22 12:19 AM

He said earlier today he was sending the money back on the 28th, I said I want proof you sent it today not realizing the post office was closed today, I emailed back saying tomorrow or Wednesday is ok .. we will see ,I do think since he responded at all that perhaps the money is coming back.. however I will believe it when I see it.. stay tuned !

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/27/22 12:51 AM

Don't cut him any slack.

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/27/22 01:12 AM

Show no mercy. He is scamming guys over on a Miata board also.
Miata Board

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/27/22 02:27 AM

Already filed a report with the U S Postal Service for fraud and have spoken with other authorities …he’s on a Miata site also ? Really ?
Posted By: BigDaddy440

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/27/22 05:52 AM

A few weeks ago I was messaged here on Moparts about a wanted add I placed looking for Dart Fenders. The member, who's since deleted his account told me to contact "Lloyd Whitney" at whitney_lloyd@aol.com. I emailed him, and he got back to me with some photos of some beat up fenders, but they were the correct year. I told him I was looking for something nicer. He then responded with some A body fenders photos but they were clearly Fiberglass and not the correct year. It all seemed too fishy too me. Pretty sure, he's just using photos he finds online trying to scam people. Anyway, he said he was in fort hood tx.

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 12/27/22 02:58 PM

Wow Bigdaddy.. thats almost exactly like my situation.. also a deleted account, same email and also Ft Hood Texas only mine was for a stroker small block crank..and I was stupid enough to send him money... hopefully the Postal Service fraud inspectors will catch up with him sooner or later as I filed a detailed report

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 01/28/23 06:37 AM

They're back........

floor shift steering column for a 78 Volare#85173401/26/23 01:48 PM
Berger Offline
B

Fort Hood, Texas, USA
You should communicate with Colton Holmes, He has a floor shift steering column for a 78 Volare for sale in Mint condition... Get hold of him on colton_holmes@outlook.com

Re: Anybody from the Fort Hood Texas area? - 01/28/23 03:17 PM

Oh no !! beware Moparts people .....He keeps emailing me telling me he will refund my $$$ but can only refund thru a bank ? Give him my bank account number and he will wire it directly to my account ! yeah sure !!! I keep asking why he can't do a Western Union wire transfer, certified check , or money order like I sent him or send the crank I bought .... haven't heard back in a few days , He got upset when I called him a thief ... well then prove me wrong !!... now its Colton Holmes I guess thats another alias like Lloyd Whitney
© 2024 Moparts Forums