Moparts

Looks like the cars will be saved

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/17/22 12:29 AM

Attached picture 094B9C90-BC6C-4439-AA02-6F130B06CEDF.jpeg
Posted By: RobG

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/17/22 01:08 AM

That is great news. But I just don't understand why they were not removed prior to the hurricane. Hell, have someone drive them north if you didn't have a trailer.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/17/22 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by RobG
That is great news. But I just don't understand why they were not removed prior to the hurricane. Hell, have someone drive them north if you didn't have a trailer.

That storm actually hit north of where the cars were, but predictions had it pretty much covering the middle 1/2 the of the State, nearly 600 miles between the lowest and the highest landfall predictions. If you had the cars and the storm was predicted to hit the state farther north then you were, what would you have done? Then who would have thought you would see a 16' high storm serge south of the storm?
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/17/22 03:19 AM

I also read that there were other wing cars there that were moved. They did not have time to move them all.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/17/22 05:00 AM

Yeah, I heard he had time to move two others before it hit. Glad to hear they are being repaired - I figgered they would.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/18/22 01:43 PM

Saw the bird at the MCACN show in Chicago yesterday, it will be blown apart and dipped...
Posted By: moparx

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/18/22 06:19 PM

that's too bad about what happened to those birds, and i'm glad they will be restored.
however, i can't swim, so i don't live next to the ocean...........
beer
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/18/22 10:16 PM

Big surprise.

There was pretty much a zero chance either car would not be restored.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/19/22 12:25 AM

I wonder what the insurance payout and salvage value buy-backs were!!!
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/19/22 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda

the insurance payout was whatever the Agreed Value (or the cost of the repair if it was less then the Agreed Value) was, regardless of the current value of the car. The buy back was probably based on the salvage value, less a % because of being the owner.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/19/22 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by poorboy
Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda

the insurance payout was whatever the Agreed Value (or the cost of the repair if it was less then the Agreed Value) was, regardless of the current value of the car. The buy back was probably based on the salvage value, less a % because of being the owner.

Thank you Captain O!
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/19/22 06:15 AM

A few more of these high-end insurance claims & there goes higher rates on collectibles for all.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/19/22 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by max_maniac
I also read that there were other wing cars there that were moved. They did not have time to move them all.

Evidently he thought they were safe on parking lifts 7 feet off the floor.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/20/22 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by gtx6970
Big surprise.

There was pretty much a zero chance either car would not be restored.

Exactly. No surprise at all.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/21/22 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by PhillyRag
A few more of these high-end insurance claims & there goes higher rates on collectibles for all.

Who said there is an insurance claim? Maybe the guy is having them restored out of his own pocket, without getting insurance involved? Don't have to worry about any salvage title that way.
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Looks like the cars will be saved - 11/22/22 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by PhillyRag

Who said there is an insurance claim? Maybe the guy is having them restored out of his own pocket, without getting insurance involved? Don't have to worry about any salvage title that way.

Yea: but maybe he isn't.
© 2024 Moparts Forums