Moparts

Infolinks

Posted By: fast68plymouth

Infolinks - 10/17/22 02:10 PM

I don’t know if this is just a temporary glitch or what........ but previously I have been able to click on the infolinks tab, which would redirect me to their site, where I could “opt out”.

Today, nothing happens when I click on the tab, so I am unable to opt out.

Anyone else having this issue?
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
I don’t know if this is just a temporary glitch or what........ but previously I have been able to click on the infolinks tab, which would redirect me to their site, where I could “opt out”.

Nope, just go here and add this to your browser. You won't see infostinks again.

https://adblockplus.org/
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 02:42 PM

Use the Brave browser...
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by 3hundred

Nope, just go here and add this to your browser. You won't see infostinks again.

I downloaded Adblock Plus and it didn't stop Infolinks on my computer nor on my wife's Ipad. Also, trying to visit Moparts on my cell phone is something I no longer can due to Infolinks. Not only can I not get rid of it on my phone. but it also eats up half the screen making viewing more trouble than it's worth.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by 6PAX
Originally Posted by 3hundred

I downloaded Adblock Plus and it didn't stop Infolinks on my computer nor on my wife's Ipad. Also, trying to visit Moparts on my cell phone is something I no longer can due to Infolinks. Not only can I not get rid of it on my phone. but it also eats up half the screen making viewing more trouble than it's worth.

Some browsers (don't recall which off hand) sometimes require installation as well as authorization. You must enable the browser extension. Firefox is my daily driver browser, works perfectly on Windows 10, 11 and Linuxmint. If you're interested in switching browsers, Brave and I believe Opera have built in ad block capabilities.

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 03:43 PM

Just to reiterate.......

Up until today, all I had to do was click on the infolinks tab, which would redirect me to their site, where I would opt out..... and I was good to go.
No more infolinks pop-ups.

Today, clicking on the infolinks tab no longer redirects me anywhere, so there is no way to opt out.

I’m just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this new situation.

Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 04:28 PM

A long time ago I think I tried to opt out of Infolinks with no success.

The software I have on my Windows machines has been doing a great job of blocking it lately, However Apple devices are close to unusable on Moparts.

Infolinks has been a huge detriment to this site and cost it valuable members. I hope they are making a lot of money off of it.

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 04:41 PM

I’m using an iPhone, and up until today, the opt out thing has worked fine.

However, if this is the new norm, my participation will be less.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 07:45 PM

Told ya so.
All fine and dandy till some one else gets the info sickness.
Wait till it turns into your fault 3-2-1.
FYI,
It always comes back
Posted By: 360view

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 09:54 PM

I’m using an iPhone, and up until today, the opt out thing has worked fine.

However, if this is the new norm, my participation will be less.

I had a very similar experience with standard Safari Bowser on my iPad.

For awhile “opt out” worked with Safari, but required frequent returns to “opt out”.

I tried different iOS browsers
and settled on Brave
which works well
but recently I had to go “opt out” at infolinks while using Brave browser
to get rid of an “empty window” that infolinks began opening.
This window had no ad visible, just a line outlining a box with nothing inside.

Clicking the “opt out” button made the empty window quit popping up.

It is not just Moparts,
infolinks is “infecting” more older websites I visit
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 10:18 PM

I use Duck Duck Go with Adblock Plus and have never seen an Infostink. I refuse to browse Moparts on my phone... tsk

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 10:40 PM

Well, I just tried duck duck go....... no infolinks, but the site is essentially unusable on my phone.

You open a thread and the page just jumps around for a while and if/when that stops........ you’re at the bottom of the page.......and no response in trying to page up.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 10:44 PM

Moparts of my Iphone and Ipad ... NO infolinks. Moparts on my Windows PC ... NO infolinks.

Running Adblock on all of them.

Make sure you pick the right version for the device ... Android, IOS or Windows
Posted By: metallicareload

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 10:54 PM

Well, I just tried duck duck go....... no infolinks, but the site is essentially unusable on my phone.

You open a thread and the page just jumps around for a while and if/when that stops........ you’re at the bottom of the page.......and no response in trying to page up.

iagree Does the same to me on any platform. The infostinks makes this website borderline unusable. I can only tolerate MoParts on a work computer, and even then it’s still pretty awful. Shouldn’t have to use the “right” browser or ad blocker just to read a forum.

Re: Infolinks - 10/17/22 11:12 PM

Well....... I had a glimmer of hope when I found this:

https://www.infolinks.com/opt-out/

I clicked the button...... got a response saying infolinks would not appear on my device....... but alas, it still pops up
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Infolinks - 10/18/22 12:15 AM

Well....... I had a glimmer of hope when I found this:

https://www.infolinks.com/opt-out/

I clicked the button...... got a response saying infolinks would not appear on my device....... but alas, it still pops up

Clean all your cookies and history. Run malware. Reboot and see what happens.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Infolinks - 10/18/22 07:13 PM

this problem makes me glad i don't have a smart[er than me] phone, as i do all my "pootering around" on this desk top. [wind-hose 11 operating system]
addblock plus, malwarebytes, super anti-spyware, and wind-hose defender are the items i use, and any site that tells me to turn off my add block program will not get visited by me.
hopefully this works out for me because there are no teenagers around that can fix any problems that may crop up. biggrin
beer
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Infolinks - 10/18/22 07:39 PM

Opting out doesn’t work, still get the stupid pop ups.

Re: Infolinks - 10/23/22 02:39 PM

I’ve continued to attempt to “opt out” when I visit this site....... and this morning, it worked like it has in the past.

It’s like someone turned the opt out switch back on.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Infolinks - 10/23/22 06:12 PM

I’ve continued to attempt to “opt out” when I visit this site....... and this morning, it worked like it has in the past.

It’s like someone turned the opt out switch back on.

But you're no running an Ad Blocker of any sort are you.

Re: Infolinks - 10/24/22 01:28 PM

Well, that was short lived.

Back to the opt out not working again today.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Infolinks - 10/24/22 08:37 PM

Dwayne, are you running adblock plus?

Re: Infolinks - 10/24/22 10:28 PM

I don’t have any adblockers.
And up until last week, it hasn’t been a problem wrt infolinks.
I have always been able to quickly and easily opt out.

Sunday, it worked as it has for years.
Today, it doesn’t.

I clear my data and cookies every day, and shutdown the phone every day as well.

Opting out of the infolinks has worked easily on every device I have tried in the past.
I’ll charge up the battery in the iPad tomorrow........ and I’ll see if the opt out still works on that, or not.
© 2024 Moparts Forums