Moparts

Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it.

Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/04/22 12:51 AM

Never heard of this band before but I like what I hear. Just wanted to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42rmUlDiQDI
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/04/22 04:21 AM

Music not bad. Singing was so-so. Guess good to listen to when you don't have to watch the video of the those fans.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/04/22 01:01 PM

Has an Aerosmith thing going with the refrain.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/04/22 03:14 PM

Good solid rock! We need more good new music!
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/04/22 04:33 PM

What happened to the shonen knife guy?
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/05/22 05:15 PM

I like! Can't beat a Les Paul and a Marshall.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/05/22 05:21 PM

So it's not Shonen Knife? Little gun shy about clicking links in this place now. I'd rather be Rick Rolled.
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/05/22 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by MarkZ
So it's not Shonen Knife? Little gun shy about clicking links in this place now. I'd rather be Rick Rolled.

I wouldn't know Shonen Knife if I saw 'em! Sorry... Edit: just looked them up, nope, it's definitely NOT Shonen Knife.
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/05/22 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by MarkZ

Nope! This band is called Dirty Honey, a rock band that I recently found and really like.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/05/22 06:58 PM

There's a lot of great bands out there and it is a bummer that many of them don't appear on our radar screens. What you hear on radio stations is what program directors have decided is popular at the time, and great bands that don't fit those genres get ignored.
A few years ago I was in my car listening to Sirius and heard a song by a UK band called Porcupine Tree I really liked, so I checked into them later and became a big fan. The band started around 30 years ago and has a strong following but I'd never heard of them until I heard them on Sirius.
They are a progressive rock type band often compared to Pink Floyd, but that style of music has not been mainstream in the US in the 90s and 2000s like it was in the 70s, so someone like me never was never turned onto them.
In spring I was checking out a Youtube video and noticed one of the preview video links on the right side of the screen showed a cute blond playing a interesting looking guitar (which I later found out is called a cigarbox guitar) and decided to check it out and was instantly hooked. Samantha Fish is a super talented blues rock style guitarist and singer, and I've been a fan of that type of music forever it seems, yet I'd never heard of her and maybe never would have if not for that preview image on Youtube.
Great timing on finding out about her too for me, there is a restored vintage theater in a neighboring town that has been having concerts since reopening not too long ago, and I got a mailing about upcoming concerts in June and saw that Fish's band was appearing the following week. I bought a ticket and went there to see her show, and was blown away by her show and the venue. I'm a huge fan now, and would have been a big fan for years but never had heard of her since blues rock is not something in the mainstream currently. She should be selling out big venues, but the 800 seat theater I saw her at was only maybe 2/3rds filled up. frown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOO95Omi9tQ
Posted By: Old_Moparz

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/05/22 07:09 PM

They definitely have an Aerosmith flavor. up

Here's a band from NYC that opened for Deep Purple when I saw them a while back. They have a late 60's, early 70's sound, or just a rock sound that seems to be missing from a lot of music in general these days.

The Golden Grass....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLc7v-Fm-Zk
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/06/22 01:04 AM

Liked the music, singer's voice reminded me of Janis Joplin.

Whoever produced that video needs to be fired. That was horrid.
Posted By: BleedDodge

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/06/22 03:27 AM

Shonen Knife ! I forgot about that band !
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/06/22 06:26 AM

Yorker (the shonen knife guy) hasnt posted in a year, hope he is ok
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Band I just discovered- Maybe you guys will like it. - 10/14/22 12:24 AM

Love Dirty Honey! I discovered them about a year ago. A song of theirs came up on my Greta Van Fleet station on Pandora. I described them to a friend of mine as Zeppelin-like riffs, but simple songs like AC/DC with a singer that sounds like the singer from the band Cinderella.
© 2024 Moparts Forums