Posted By: JDMopar

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/29/22 11:58 PM

Who? shruggy
Posted By: ph23vo

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 12:12 AM

whoolio?
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 01:07 AM

bump Weird Al Yankovic and his " Amish Paradise " Video is a better watch / song . Coolio was NOT Happy about Weird Al doing a Parody about his Song ! shruggy
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 01:16 AM

A funny post here.

What really would be a gangsters paradise? A std. size jail cell and three bad meals a day kickin it with his homies livin the gangster dream? (Im just referring/commenting to the title of the song and no more)

Well, you decide.

But his career was also marred by several well-documented run-ins with the law: In 1999, a German court convicted him of being an accessory to robbery and causing bodily injury. In 2009, he was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport after he was found to be in possession of crack cocaine. In 2016, he was arrested at the same airport after allegedly trying to smuggle a loaded firearm through security.

But then again many singers, even the old country singers were not fault free. no
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by 1969ronnie
bump Weird Al Yankovic and his " Amish Paradise " Video is a better watch / song . Coolio was NOT Happy about Weird Al doing a Parody about his Song ! shruggy

I love Weird Al's version, but if it wasn't for Coolio, there would be no Weird Al version.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones

I love Weird Al's version, but if it wasn't for Coolio, there would be no Weird Al version.

They also became good friends afterwards.

Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 02:19 PM

That video is a HOOT!! I crack up every time I watch it. Churning butter and raising barns!
Posted By: bobby66

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 03:23 PM

RIP. angel
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 03:26 PM

Glad I don’t watch this cr@p, now tell me why this country is down the tube
Posted By: GY3

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 04:09 PM

B.S.!

Al talked about this later and said he asked Coolio for permission and it was granted.

Coolio just wanted to look like a harda$$ after Al's version came out and was successful.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 04:51 PM

Who really cares??

Not someone I know, not someone I care about. Why should I care more about his passing than anyone else in the world I neither know nor care about? Sure, it's a sad thing in general when someone passes but he isn't special in that regard. Not like he was Mother Teresa who helped thousands.
Posted By: EV2DEMON

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by cudaman1969

Certainly not because of a song that was released 27 years ago.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by EV2DEMON
Originally Posted by cudaman1969

Certainly not because of a song that was released 27 years ago.

Zing! laugh2
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 09/30/22 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by GY3

B.S.!

Al talked about this later and said he asked Coolio for permission and it was granted.

Coolio just wanted to look like a harda$$ after Al's version came out and was successful.

I saw an interview with Trent Reznor once after Johnny Cash's version of Hurt was released. Trent said he gave permission for him to do the song but when Cash's people sent him the demo he was pissed. He said that after he saw the video though he understood and realized Cash made the song his own.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: What, no love for Coolio? - 10/04/22 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by GY3

B.S.!

Weird AL can come out of hiding now!
© 2024 Moparts Forums