Moparts

Snap-on Batteries

Posted By: dart4forte

Snap-on Batteries - 09/22/22 03:40 AM

Have two bad batteries for my 3/8 ratchet, model CTB8172. Any idea where I can get replacements?
Posted By: A12

Re: Snap-on Batteries - 09/22/22 04:00 AM

Haven't found any new, but a ton of used on eBay and the like. Then there's this rebuild place: https://www.mtobattery.com/products/ctb8172bk-snap-on-14v-lithium-battery-rebuild-service

Mike
Posted By: A12

Re: Snap-on Batteries - 09/22/22 05:33 AM

What's the word from your local Snap-On rep on new battery availability??
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Snap-on Batteries - 09/22/22 11:00 AM

I've had mine rebuilt before as well, no issues.
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: Snap-on Batteries - 09/22/22 03:15 PM

I bought several Snap-On cordless power tools (drill, impacts, lights) when they first appeared on the market (under the spell of the Snap-on apimp lol). After the batteries "died", I priced out rebuilding and quickly determined it was just easier to switch over to and continue with the Milwaukee M12/M18 platforms and "gave away" the Snap-Ons. The money that I would have spent for battery replacement went towards buying another Milwaukee tool.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Snap-on Batteries - 09/22/22 07:52 PM

Took the truck in to get the shift linkage adjusted. Snap-on guy was there. He had two batteries in stock. Spendy to say the least. Because I bought two he gave me a 10% discount. When my ratchet wears out I’ll be looking for another brand.
Posted By: 360view

Re: Snap-on Batteries - 09/23/22 11:07 AM

Our grandparent generation managed to agree on “standard size” batteries.

Now we are price gouged on
power tool batteries,
cell phone batteries,
ink cartridges, etc
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Snap-on Batteries - 09/23/22 01:58 PM

iagree And since this is a car forum, I will take it a step farther; just how many new and different tire sizes, bulbs, push pins, fuses, relays, filters, etc do we really need in our modern vehicles?
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Snap-on Batteries - 09/23/22 02:14 PM

LG
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
iagree And since this is a car forum, I will take it a step farther; just how many new and different tire sizes, bulbs, push pins, fuses, relays, filters, etc do we really need in our modern vehicles?

New and improved get a the selling cost up.
Can't just selling the same thing and keep upping the ante.
Make a new and supposed to be better widget that cost more.
© 2024 Moparts Forums