Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 05:16 PM

Who likes Flo?

The over the hill gang?
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
Those commercials are dumb

One of the most successful marketing campaigns and brand icons in American advertising history by every single measure. So, to answer your question, a lot of people. Far more than don't. shruggy

You'll also notice that you see her less often. The Dr. Rick commercials have been a huge hit as well, and there has also been more emphasis placed on the other characters, Flo's "friends." This is to extend the Flo lifecycle as long as possible, because the Flo ad campaign has been such an enormous success.
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 05:46 PM

When "Aunt Flo" is in town... runaway
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 05:48 PM

Odd and quirky seems to be popular.

How would they measure how popular Flo is/was? How does that factor into the actual business?

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 05:55 PM

There are a variety of ways, most of them driven by consumer data, but also by a company's financial performance. For example, several years ago, Progressive ran commercials starring "The Box." That character was a secondary campaign, similar what Dr. Rick is now. The data showed that new policy applications increased in the weeks following the airing of a new commercial starring The Box character. It was a very successful campaign for several years, and helped to extend the life cycle of Flo by not saturating the market with Flo commercials.

Advertising is expensive. No well run company is going to keep pumping money into an unsuccessful campaign. That doesn't mean there aren't bad ad campaigns, but the bad ones don't usually last very long.
Posted By: srt

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
Odd and quirky seems to be popular.

How would they measure how popular Flo is/was? How does that factor into the actual business?

Maybe marketing just keeps going with the Flo?
Posted By: Remy-Z

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 07:00 PM

Ain't gonna lie...back in the day, Flo was charting pretty high on "the list". grin
Posted By: Y3 70 BEE

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 07:18 PM

Flo from Alice? Kiss my Grits?
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 07:51 PM

Can't stand any of the insurance commercials...Progressive,State Farm,Liberty Mutual or Nationwide...They all suck! shruggy

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 07:59 PM

Clearly. laugh2
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 08:23 PM

Stephanie Courtney/Flo was a actress and stand up comedian before the Flo gig. I`m sure she has made a ton of money from being Flo. She has had more acting jobs but most I think have been since being the Flo character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRZiMUJ8bqE
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 09:16 PM

She's kind of hot.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 09:18 PM

I like Flo a lot more than I like Jake from State Farm!
Not enough to jump ship to Progressive though.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 09:42 PM

[Linked Image]

I always wonder what the back story on the car is. Was it a nice example they started with, or a bondo buggy made to look good for TV?
Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 09:54 PM

Know your Flo..... laugh2

Attached picture tampon.jpg

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
Stephanie Courtney/Flo was a actress and stand up comedian before the Flo gig. I`m sure she has made a ton of money from being Flo. She has had more acting jobs but most I think have been since being the Flo character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRZiMUJ8bqE

7 figure base, add more for any events or appearances she does. The latter is a 6 figure fee. Dude who plays Jamie makes big $ too.
Posted By: BSharp

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 10:28 PM

I'm a confirmed commercial-hater, but I've enjoyed the Dr Pepper "Fansville" series.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer
Can't stand any of the insurance commercials...Progressive,State Farm,Liberty Mutual or Nationwide...They all suck! shruggy

I completely agree with you. I find Flo to be more than a little creepy, in a stalking ex-girlfriend sort of way (no, I've never had to deal with that).

But, as far as marketing goes, I miss Joe Isuzu...
Posted By: A12

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk

I completely agree with you. I find Flo to be more than a little creepy, in a stalking ex-girlfriend sort of way (no, I've never had to deal with that).

But, as far as marketing goes, I miss Joe Isuzu...

"Guten Tag" up laugh2 laugh2

Joe the pathological liar, perfect for a car salesman.

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 11:04 PM

Neither a commercial hater or lover. Normally I channel surf during commercials but I will chuckle when I see a good one.

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 11:06 PM

Loved Joe Isuzu. Loved VW un-pimp my ride with Peter Stomare. Geico's celebrity commercials are fantastic. Bud Light's Real American Heroes/Real Men of Genius radio commercials were brilliant too.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mastershake340

Which Jake? The original or the diverse one?
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/21/22 11:40 PM

I would never buy insurance from a company with that name nor the puppet master that owns it.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 12:20 AM

Oh come on! You don't start singing along when "Opportunities" starts playing in the Allstate commercial?
Posted By: TJP

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 01:22 AM

What is hard for me to comprehend is people actually get paid big $$ to come up with this irritating cr-p. When someone does have a good commercial it never sticks around down
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 01:35 AM

I met the woman who plays Flo on the commercials in 2012 at the Grand National Roadster show in Pomona, CA. She is a comedac actress and was chosen for the part. She was going through the building after the show and I was tearing down, she had spike heals on. I yelled at her to take those damn shoes off, she looked down, took them off, and said "what was I thinking?". We had a good laugh then she came over for a cold one... laugh2
Posted By: nuthinbutmopar

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 02:22 AM

Best/funniest commercials on right now are the "Mayhem" ones for Allstate...
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 02:40 AM

This thread makes me think it must be winter on Moparts...
Posted By: A12

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ramrod39
This thread makes me think it must be winter on Moparts...

I thought the very same thing, especially after reading some of the replies......including mine blush laugh2 laugh2
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 03:47 AM

The gal spokes person for Newday mortgage. She’s a looker. There’s a blond on there now.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 05:00 AM

Insurance commercials? I thought this was going to be about Flo Racing streaming racing.

What next?

Boy, I like that little Gecko. I wonder how they trained him to do that?

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by TJP

What is hard for me to comprehend is people actually get paid big $$ to come up with this irritating cr-p. When someone does have a good commercial it never sticks around down

Why would a company stop using a successful ad campaign early on in it's existence? shruggy Bad ad campaigns are never successful. Defining "good" and "bad" based on your own preferences doesn't make it so. For example, I don't like the band Rush. At all. Change the station immediately if they come on. But they clearly do not "suck." People get paid big $$ to come up with successful ad campaigns. No success = no more big $$.
Posted By: A990

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 01:35 PM

Joe Isuzu commercials were great. Wendy's had some doozies, as did ESPN with the Sports Center/nascar ride-alongs.
I don't have any TV services, so I don't see much, but I have chuckled at the geico ones.

Years back there was some that had the Frazier guy voicing a ream of paper, but I can't remember what the product was. They were OK

Typical Wendys:
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 01:53 PM

I can't stand seeing constant lawyer/law firm commercials. Remember when they were not allowed to advertise on TV?
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by MarkZ
She's kind of hot.

I would let her bounce up and down on my lap and talk about insurance ! Lol

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by Mastershake340

Which Jake? The original or the diverse one?

You mean the real Jake from State Farm, or the fake Jake! I saw the original Jake outside Walmart with a will sell insurance for food sign!

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73
[Linked Image]

I always wonder what the back story on the car is. Was it a nice example they started with, or a bondo buggy made to look good for TV?

Atleast they have the Duster in those ads! I love seeing Mopars on television!
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 02:19 PM

The two frogs, Bud and Light. My favorite, young couple driving at nite on a lonely road hitchicker on side of road with case of beer under arm but carrying a big ax, he stops she said but he has a big ax, he said, but the case of beer. So he’s in the back and they’re going down the road again , there stands another hitchicker but he has this huge chainsaw the couple look and say ok BUT the ax guy in the back says “but he has a chainsaw” I never stopped laughing

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 03:18 PM

Bud Light has hit some real advertising home runs over the years, no doubt.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 05:00 PM

Flo is a no go for me, the AT&T girl is a different story..................
Posted By: moparx

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 06:17 PM

i do not like flo..............
beer

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 06:41 PM

I would make Flo my ho!
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 08:44 PM

I'd rather jam with Jan boogie

Attached picture Jan.jpg
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 09:58 PM

In general of course commercials are super irritating, but I find Flo to be much less irritating than others.

I'm with 6PAX, so sick and tired of the injury attorney's ads!!!! Over and over and over!!!! After those sick of the "Medicare Hotline" or whatever they are called featuring washed up stars like Joe Namath, Jimmy JJ Walker, etc. I like the old black and white Gunsmokes and these medicare ones are run like crazy. Even if I were of age I'm sure I'd still be sick of them!!!!!

So yes, Flo is okay as far as commercials go, that is.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ron_M

Who is Jan?

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/22/22 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by BloFish

Who is Jan?

From the Toyota commercials.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/23/22 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger

Who is Jan?

She is weird looking.
Posted By: 63CandyMatic

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/23/22 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by BSharp
I'm a confirmed commercial-hater, but I've enjoyed the Dr Pepper "Fansville" series.

yup
Posted By: 360view

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/23/22 10:51 AM

What are the 3 most enjoyable TV commercials of all time?

What are the 3 most irritating TV commercials of all time?
Posted By: BSharp

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/23/22 11:40 AM

Maybe ten years ago there was a McDonald's commericial that had two guys riding in a car having lunch, and one of them drops a french fry down between the seat and console. The scene switches to under the seat where a tribe of little jungle natives live, and when the fry falls down from heaven they were like shock laugh bow. Then a giant hand reaches down, feels around for the fry and takes it back. bawling

Hilarious, but they must have gotten immediate complaints because I never saw it again ever. I remember it was during one of the New Year's college football games.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/23/22 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by nuthinbutmopar
Best/funniest commercials on right now are the "Mayhem" ones for Allstate...

can't stand those, and I won't watch the Law & Order SVUs with him on them. And Liberty is like fingernails on a chalkboard. About the only insurance commercials that I'll watch are Farmers and Gecko.
Posted By: Not_A_Duster

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/23/22 01:52 PM

You guys still watch advertising on TV?

The vast majority of what I watch from "regular" TV gets recorded on the PVR, so I can watch at a time that suits my schedule and skip the commercials. It's awesome not having to sit through that crap. up
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/23/22 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61
Flo is a no go for me, the AT&T girl is a different story..................

I think that would be lilly, do a google search of her some time, she is pretty dang hot, they squish her melons down for the commercials.

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/23/22 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones

Who is Jan?

She is weird looking.
Formerly a man.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/24/22 09:47 AM

One of the most successful marketing campaigns and brand icons in American advertising history by every single measure. So, to answer your question, a lot of people. Far more than don't. shruggy

You'll also notice that you see her less often. The Dr. Rick commercials have been a huge hit as well, and there has also been more emphasis placed on the other characters, Flo's "friends." This is to extend the Flo lifecycle as long as possible, because the Flo ad campaign has been such an enormous success.

If only Progressive put that kind of "successful effort" into paying their claims/customer service, they wouldn't be at the bottom of the heap in major Insurance overall satisfaction ratings....I cringe every time I see these stupid Progressive, Liberty Life type retard commercials....made to capture the attention of mindless minions IMHO
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/24/22 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Not_A_Duster
You guys still watch advertising on TV?

The vast majority of what I watch from "regular" TV gets recorded on the PVR, so I can watch at a time that suits my schedule and skip the commercials. It's awesome not having to sit through that crap. up

That's why I'm out of touch (happily). No broadcast TV for 20+ years. When I do see it by accident at someone's house, the commercials remind me of why I dumped it long ago.

Now it's racing on...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/24/22 02:17 PM

99.9% of them suck but there where a few that where interesting. Bombarding the public to use your insurance is not a good ad campaign. What they are doing is making people hate them! They should be banned like cigarette commercials! But there are more that i would add to the list like Domino's, The drug/lawyer commercials, and more recently those Public commercials are really pissing me off. What ever happened to interesting/enjoyable ads?

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/24/22 03:33 PM

Those life insurance ones now with the worst actors ever, ugh! Like the one in which the family is standing around a hospital bed talking to their mom and telling her she really gave them a scare, for example. Classic example of skimping on marketing campaign.

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/24/22 03:35 PM

Some may be old enough to remember this one. I was a little kid and still remember this one, because Wendys knocked it out of the park with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/25/22 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Formerly a man.

Hmm, I seem to remember her being pregnant.

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/25/22 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Formerly a man.

Correct.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/25/22 12:42 PM

Formerly a man.

Not a man.

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/25/22 02:25 PM

Those life insurance ones now with the worst actors ever, ugh! Like the one in which the family is standing around a hospital bed talking to their mom and telling her she really gave them a scare, for example. Classic example of skimping on marketing campaign.

"Hey mom, why are you making grandma's casserole?"
"It's for your uncle's funeral."
"Oh, right. Hey, he didn't have life insurance, did he?"

Or something to that effect. laugh2

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/25/22 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61
Formerly a man.

Not a man.
Lol I know I was just stirthepot

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/25/22 04:07 PM

YES! That's one of them!!!!!! sick laugh

The extent of their acting experience was a 3rd grade play, and the writing is even worse. Total downer.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/25/22 05:41 PM

The extent of their acting experience was a 3rd grade play, and the writing is even worse. Total downer.

The more stupid it is the more it sticks in your mind! Made you comment on it right?
Posted By: Roadcuda

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/25/22 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by cudaman1969

The more stupid it is the more it sticks in your mind! Made you comment on it right?

That's true, but what's the point if it's all negative? I wouldn't buy from any company that has stupid commercials.

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/25/22 06:28 PM

Roadcuda is right. If it causes me to have a negative connotation when I hear the company name, not good! It's so bad I immediately mute, change channel, fast forward (DVR), or go to kitchen. It's like a fork in the garbage disposal.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/25/22 06:30 PM

Not as bad with 3X fast forward or "SKIP" on Tivo.
Posted By: ricomondo

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/25/22 07:36 PM

Flo is attractive - not really my type.

Toyota Jan - really cute - nice figure

At&T Lily - Super curvy, cute, but then I looked her up and she's a bit of a wingnut. YMMV.
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/26/22 12:43 PM

The one I really like right now is the commercial where some garage band is trying out a new lead guitarist, who just happens to be SLASH, after he plays for 3 seconds the girl says "you're hired" Makes me chuckle every time I see it

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 09/26/22 02:43 PM

The Drew Carey show had a similar scene back in the day. Slash was one of the guitarists they turned down. laugh2
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/01/22 11:51 AM

You think people are switching to progressive, just because they like the commercials?

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/01/22 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff

You think people are switching to progressive, just because they like the commercials?
You can bet they spend millions doing marketing studies that prove successful advertising campaigns make them money.

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/01/22 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff

Specifically because they like the commercials? Maybe a handful, just as there are maybe a handful of people who will actually not use this business or that one just because they hate the commercials. Lots of people say stuff like that, most of them are liars. You're missing the entire point, though. The commercial's not intended to get people to switch solely because they like the commercial. Commercials are designed to generate interest in the product/service. By generating interest, it gives the company an opportunity to gain a new customer. Advertising is expensive. Nothing a company does from an advertising standpoint is done without a goal, without intent, and without being able to measure the impact.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/01/22 04:33 PM

30 years ago you never had insurance commercials back to back on TV. Now they say they are a quality insurance that's been around for 30 years. My question is WHERE? 30 years ago there was about 3 main insurance companies and one of them i had since then so i am not switching. I remember they told me they may not be offering insurance in my state because of some law back then. The flood gates opened and now every fly by night insurance company has a commercial(and a stupid mascot). Only pay for what you need one says, How about only pay when i need it! Back when super storm Sandy hit the insurance companies had some loophole to get out of paying. What they should advertise is what they pay out to people who actually need it compared to how much of your premium goes to advertising. Insurance is nothing but a worthless money pit. flame Put Flo in a string bikini and maybe it will make me pay more attention rather then change the channel!

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/01/22 06:11 PM

"WHERE'S THE BEEF ?"................ biggrin
beer
Posted By: blaze

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/02/22 12:42 PM

I like the Flo commercials. The one I really hate is Limu the Emu. I remember the Wendy's commercials...."Where's the beef?" Hilarious.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/02/22 02:39 PM

All I know is if they saved me $687/year they would be paying me money to have their insurance.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/02/22 05:20 PM

Some may be old enough to remember this one. I was a little kid and still remember this one, because Wendys knocked it out of the park with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0

Wendy's and the company that did the commercials were sued by a small hamburger chain owner who had the same commercial before them. It was stolen.
They I think agreed to pay but not admit that they did.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/03/22 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Remy-Z
Ain't gonna lie...back in the day, Flo was charting pretty high on "the list". grin

That was back in the day, now ... not so much ...

The company backs people that want to limit things they have no business limiting, so for that the sooner the company goes belly up the better.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/04/22 03:47 AM

I've always thought "Flo" was quite unattractive, and annoying as he!!
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/04/22 07:36 AM

shruggy scope work

Attached picture moparts Progressive-ATT-toyota.jpg

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/04/22 06:46 PM

All I know is if they saved me $687/year they would be paying me money to have their insurance.

i keep thinking the same thing !
maybe i'll ask my insurance company if they can save me that amount as well.................i can almost hear their reply. biggrin
beer

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/15/22 09:01 PM

I thought this commercial was clever and funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9J8re-9ZE

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/16/22 01:48 PM

Their marketing people are top notch.

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/16/22 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by moparx

maybe i'll ask my insurance company if they can save me that amount as well.................i can almost hear their reply. biggrin
beer

I actually tried it, no I didn't get any money, BUT the barrage of advertising I was getting from them suddenly stopped. blush laugh2

(their 'lowest' was actually $14 more per month than what I was paying and theirs had less coverage realcrazy )

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/16/22 02:40 PM

beer

I actually tried it, no I didn't get any money, BUT the barrage of advertising I was getting from them suddenly stopped. blush laugh2

(their 'lowest' was actually $14 more per month than what I was paying and theirs had less coverage realcrazy )

Different companies underwrite differently and end up providing different rates to the same person. shruggy

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/16/22 03:59 PM

[quote=Satilite73][quote=moparx][quote=Guitar Jones]All I know is if they saved me $687/year they would be paying me money to have their insurance.

I understand that, I'm just saying after all the insistence from GEICO that they could save me money, they actually couldn't.

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/19/22 08:13 PM

So somebody actually believed the ad would save them money?
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Who likes Flo ? - 10/19/22 08:55 PM

beer

Different companies underwrite differently and end up providing different rates to the same person. shruggy

I would love to see their formula.

I had 2 teenage boys on my policy born a month apart. after a year and a half or so, Son #1 terrible driving record and several expensive accidents. Son #2 much better driving record, less accidents and lower damage when he had them. They wanted to drop son #2 with no mention of son #1. Both on the same policy. We paid an extra $15 a month to keep Son #2 ( with the better driving record) on the policy.
Fast forward a few years and they are getting their own insurance and leaving our policy. Son #2 had caught up and passed Son #1 as the bad driver with several expensive accidents and tickets. Son #1 had learned his lesson and drove much better. They both called our company and #1 son was quoted an insanely high rate. #2, now with a much worse driving record, got a very cheap rate.

It was like they wanted to punish the better driver whomever it was at the time. shruggy
© 2024 Moparts Forums