Moparts

possible BEER SHORTAGE

Posted By: Mr T2U

possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/17/22 10:11 PM

just read this online.
we could be looking at a beer shortage before winters end.

https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/a-beer-shortage-is-brewing-4956217/
Posted By: A12

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/17/22 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mr T2U
just read this online.

Moparts members reaction panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/17/22 10:48 PM

uh oh

Attached picture E0BZ5kYWQAEarCY.jpg
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/17/22 11:36 PM

Baaa let them drink it FLAT!
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/17/22 11:46 PM

Extra CO2 shouldn't be necessary as the product of yeast consuming sugar is alcohol and CO2, so the process of fermentation should provide enough fizz on its own. Maybe the large industrial beer plants add CO2 (not sure why... to speed up the process?), but I don't think the smaller breweries tend to do this, so if you support your local craft brewery it shouldn't be a problem. IMHO.
beer
Posted By: TJP

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/18/22 01:19 AM

Not having had a drop of alcohol in over 5 years it won't impact me, but there are times when i miss my nightly relaxation sessions cleaning up the shop or whatever. But I also know 1 beer will lead to +, ++, +++, ++++, and eventually a few more. Then there's the smoke's down Kind'a Like a Soup and Sandwich or horse and carriage for those that remember the commercial whistling no
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/18/22 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by A12
just read this online.

Well, I mean...yeah! That's pretty much how any rationale man would respond to such devastating news.

I recently read somewhere that we were creating too much CO2. shruggy
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/18/22 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
Not having had a drop of alcohol in over 5 years it won't impact me, but there are times when i miss my nightly relaxation sessions cleaning up the shop or whatever. But I also know 1 beer will lead to +, ++, +++, ++++, and eventually a few more. Then there's the smoke's down Kind'a Like a Soup and Sandwich or horse and carriage for those that remember the commercial whistling no

i myself don't drink beer due to digestive issues. i haven't had any alcohol since 2018.
i DO BUY a weekly 12 pack when i visit my friends shop for a saturday bs session and update on general state of things going on.
Posted By: moparx

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/18/22 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by A12
just read this online.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic laugh2
if Stu were still with us, i'm sure he would have something to say ! fan
beer
Posted By: Sniper

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/18/22 02:24 PM

Yes, the riff raff are panicking.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/18/22 02:42 PM

Well, there's no shortage of tequila or vodka so............................

Wouldn't it be better if Mexico were flooding the U.S. with tequila rather than Fentanyl?

Maybe China will get in the beer and liquor business.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/18/22 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy
Extra CO2 shouldn't be necessary as the product of yeast consuming sugar is alcohol and CO2, so the process of fermentation should provide enough fizz on its own. Maybe the large industrial beer plants add CO2 (not sure why... to speed up the process?), but I don't think the smaller breweries tend to do this, so if you support your local craft brewery it shouldn't be a problem. IMHO.
beer

Yep! I brew my own and when fermentation has completed we add a touch of sugar before it goes in bottles. Once it's in bottles and capped the remaining yeast eats the sugar and creates CO2....Boom! Carbonation!!

And yes!! Always support your local craft guys....amazing how much good beer is out there! We're on a little weekend trip right now, went into the small town yesterday and here's little hole in the wall brewery/brewpub. Fantastic beer(made on site) and delicious hand tossed pizza!! beer
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/19/22 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dcuda69
beer

Yep! I brew my own and when fermentation has completed we add a touch of sugar before it goes in bottles. Once it's in bottles and capped the remaining yeast eats the sugar and creates CO2....Boom! Carbonation!!

And yes!! Always support your local craft guys....amazing how much good beer is out there! We're on a little weekend trip right now, went into the small town yesterday and here's little hole in the wall brewery/brewpub. Fantastic beer(made on site) and delicious hand tossed pizza!! beer

We did the same in Portland, TN this weekend while down at the Moparty in Bowling Green. We are thinking of moving down there and had to find a good pizza place, and with 10 different craft beers on tap makes us looking even harder for housing! There are important things in life... biggrin
Posted By: That AMC Guy

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/19/22 07:17 AM

I have been considering making moonshine. Up here in Canookistan, it's still a weird, almost grey-area of the law where we can make our own beer for personal consumption without a license. However, distilling alcohol is illegal on a federal level, for TAX purposes. I've actually spoken with the area Constable, and he says while it is technically illegal, as long as I'm not selling it in large quantities, the odds of being investigated are nil. So many folks around here do it; they're not going to target any specific person. "Just don't be stupid about it" was the message I got.

I also have a friend who can get me corn and sugar at supremely discounted prices.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/19/22 07:26 PM

One of the founders of our country...

Attached picture Ben Franklin beer.jpg
Posted By: wingman

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/19/22 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dcuda69
beer

Bottle conditioning is great for homebrew and very small batches of craft brews. But if you dig a little I think you'll find even your small and medium sized local craft breweries use lots of CO2--for lots of tasks.

If you don' think this shortage will affect the "little guys" I think you are mistaken.
Posted By: moparx

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/20/22 03:15 PM

one of the best beers i have ever had the pleasure of consuming, was one my old boss home brewed ! [unfortunately, he has passed away. frown angel]
beer
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: possible BEER SHORTAGE - 09/20/22 05:51 PM

Two beers a year not gonna bother me.
© 2024 Moparts Forums