Moparts

Chrysler & E-V's?

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/13/22 09:11 PM

Electric Vehicles? I had my hair cut today & the lady cutting my hair - her husband works for Chrysler. She told me Chrysler (Fiat) is being fined $50,000 PER DAY by not having a 100% E-V in their lineup. I have never heard this before. She said the Challenger & Charger are going to transition to 100% electric - not sure of the time frame. US government is behind this - ALL of it. Can y'all corroborate?
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/13/22 10:57 PM

Seems she has her wires crossed a bit. Yes, they are paying hefty fines for not meeting CAFE regulations so to meet them they buy carbon credits from Tesla, maybe thats where the 50k a day comes from. They also aren't going full electric, just going to electrify (hybrid) a lot of them. Next gen charger/challenger will also be available with the new straight 6 twin turbo.
Posted By: DUFFMAN

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/14/22 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dart 500
Seems she has her wires crossed a bit. Yes, they are paying hefty fines for not meeting CAFE regulations so to meet them they buy carbon credits from Tesla, maybe thats where the 50k a day comes from. They also aren't going full electric, just going to electrify (hybrid) a lot of them. Next gen charger/challenger will also be available with the new straight 6 twin turbo.

Actually it looks like they will have a full EV offering for 2024.
https://www.hotcars.com/dodge-charger-evs-800-volt-banshee-system-detailed-look/
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/14/22 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by DUFFMAN
Originally Posted by Dart 500

Actually it looks like they will have a full EV offering for 2024.
https://www.hotcars.com/dodge-charger-evs-800-volt-banshee-system-detailed-look/

They'll have a full EV for each model but the bulk of sales will be hybrids
Posted By: RobG

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/14/22 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Electric Vehicles? I had my hair cut today & the lady cutting my hair - her husband works for Chrysler. She told me Chrysler (Fiat) is being fined $50,000 PER DAY by not having a 100% E-V in their lineup. I have never heard this before. She said the Challenger & Charger are going to transition to 100% electric - not sure of the time frame. US government is behind this - ALL of it. Can y'all corroborate?

A Lady cuts your hair? If there isn't something dead hanging on the wall - Men do not get their hair cut there!!!
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/16/22 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by RobG

A Lady cuts your hair? If there isn't something dead hanging on the wall - Men do not get their hair cut there!!!

Well, I'm a manly man, but I don't hunt, so figger that. As a matter of fact, when hunting season rolls around, the guys ask if I hunt, & when they realize I don't, they hang their rifles up! But I fish! And the lady that cuts my hair is SO hot, I'm tempted to take her home & introduce her to my wife to prove how good my taste in women are!
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/16/22 03:21 AM

Well, I'm a manly man, but I don't hunt, so figger that. As a matter of fact, when hunting season rolls around, the guys ask if I hunt, & when they realize I don't, they hang their rifles up! But I fish! And the lady that cuts my hair is SO hot, I'm tempted to take her home & introduce her to my wife to prove how good my taste in women are!

There ain't nuttin' dead hanging on the wall where I get my hair cut either... shruggy
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/16/22 02:48 PM

Nothing dead on the wall where I get my haircut either. The gal that cuts it is far from dead!!!! Easy on the eyes! grin
Posted By: moparx

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/17/22 04:02 PM

i just don't get my hair cut, so the only things hanging on the walls are pictures in the house, and "stuff" in the garage.
when i am asked if i hunt, i just say "i didn't loose anything".............. biggrin
when asked if i fish, i say "i didn't throw anything into the river, so i ain't about to fish it out"................ drumhit

and i'm too old to be a "manly man" anyway.......... laugh2
beer
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/23/22 12:37 AM

Isn't fishing just hunting fish?
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/23/22 12:45 AM

I must not be a real man then, I don't get my hair cut, I don't fish or hunt, and I hang out on Moparts... runaway
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/23/22 01:41 AM

Nope, guess I'm not a real man either. I got past trying to prove anything like that 20+ years ago and I'm not going back now.
Don't hunt. Don't fish. Get my hair cut at a place mostly women work, so there is that too.
I'm into cars & trucks, but no longer race them (something else I no longer feel a need to prove).
An EV would probably work out pretty well as a 2nd vehicle for us, but I don't see one in our future at this point, I believe the government is trying to push something the country doesn't have the infrastructure to support at this time. Maybe 20 years from now, but not now.

In 20 years I'll be 86, the EV I'll need then is more likely a mobility scooter.

I'm pretty content with where I am in life right now, if only the government would not have messed with my life and would have left me alone.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/23/22 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by poorboy
Nope, guess I'm not a real man either. I got past trying to prove anything like that 20+ years ago and I'm not going back now.
Don't hunt. Don't fish. Get my hair cut at a place mostly women work, so there is that too.
I'm into cars & trucks, but no longer race them (something else I no longer feel a need to prove).
An EV would probably work out pretty well as a 2nd vehicle for us, but I don't see one in our future at this point, I believe the government is trying to push something the country doesn't have the infrastructure to support at this time. Maybe 20 years from now, but not now.

In 20 years I'll be 86, the EV I'll need then is more likely a mobility scooter.

I'm pretty content with where I am in life right now, if only the government would not have messed with my life and would have left me alone.

This guy gets it!! Every bit!!!!!
Posted By: klunick

Re: Chrysler & E-V's? - 09/23/22 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dcuda69
Originally Posted by poorboy

This guy gets it!! Every bit!!!!!

lol. As LT Worf would say, "You sir are a true warrior". I joke and say, "And I have to prove myself to you?"
© 2024 Moparts Forums