Moparts

Jim the transport guy?

Posted By: rocksmopar

Jim the transport guy? - 09/13/22 01:35 PM

I may need a parts car dragged back home from the east coast. Is that guy who used to advertise still around? I think his name was Jim with the old F350 and the enclosed trailer...
Just curious cause I haven't logged in in awhile and now I don't see his threads. Something happen I don't know about?

Thanks
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/13/22 02:51 PM

Yes, something happened that you don't know about, but he is no longer on Moparts. His info can be found on several other sites, Truly Vintage is his business, good luck! wave
Posted By: moparx

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/13/22 04:36 PM

is he the guy that "eats" transmissions ? biggrin
beer

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/14/22 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by moparx
beer

No, that would be me, the GOOD Jim...LOL I only use Dodges, not Ferds... tsk
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/14/22 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by rocksmopar
I may need a parts car dragged back home from the east coast. Is that guy who used to advertise still around? I think his name was Jim with the old F350 and the enclosed trailer...
Just curious cause I haven't logged in in awhile and now I don't see his threads. Something happen I don't know about?

Thanks

I would look for another alternative. I had him haul a car in 2014. He was sketchy at best. Glad to hear he is gone from here. Good riddance.

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/14/22 04:05 AM

I PM'd you... wave
Posted By: moparx

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/14/22 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
beer

my mistake ! please accept my humble apologies, and i will take my deserved lashes ! spank
all the confusion about Jack's and Jim's, and the wicked Witch has my mind in a big jumble. [and the cobwebs don't help either. biggrin]
please forgive me !
beer
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/15/22 05:15 AM

beer

my mistake ! please accept my humble apologies, and i will take my deserved lashes ! spank
all the confusion about Jack's and Jim's, and the wicked Witch has my mind in a big jumble. [and the cobwebs don't help either. biggrin]
please forgive me !
beer

I was going to say get the Rhino to do it.
Posted By: Dartforforty

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/17/22 07:09 PM

I asked Jim from Not too Vintage about transporting two NOS quarter panels from Ohio to the East Coast or I would meet him part way.
His answer told me he wasn't inierested in making fuel money when he already had a transport to head East a week after I contacted him and he was close to the pick up point for the panels.
I guess my money wasn't green enough
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/18/22 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dartforforty
I asked Jim from Not too Vintage about transporting two NOS quarter panels from Ohio to the East Coast or I would meet him part way.
His answer told me he wasn't inierested in making fuel money when he already had a transport to head East a week after I contacted him and he was close to the pick up point for the panels.

I asked about transporting an item from here in Phoenix. He wasn’t interested. He can go pound sand as as I’m concerned.
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/18/22 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by dart4forte

I asked about transporting an item from here in Phoenix. He wasn’t interested. He can go pound sand as as I’m concerned.

Dang fellas, it's just business. When it works out for both parties, great. When it doesn't, oh well... If you strike a deal and one party doesn't live up to their obligation, not good. But you can't be mad at a guy because (for whatever reason) things didn't work out the way you wanted them to.

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/18/22 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Fat_Mike
Originally Posted by dart4forte

Dang fellas, it's just business. When it works out for both parties, great. When it doesn't, oh well... If you strike a deal and one party doesn't live up to their obligation, not good. But you can't be mad at a guy because (for whatever reason) things di
Not mad at himdn't work out the way you wanted them to.

Not mad at him, just won't recommend him for a transport.
His business is transportation/ why refuse work?
Posted By: Jamey

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/18/22 05:01 PM

I tried to get him to haul for me several times. He thought highly of himself. I thought he was an a-hole!

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/18/22 07:12 PM

So what did happen to him???

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/19/22 03:55 AM

Initially I turned him on to a couple transports I couldn't do and he actually sent me money, my cut for getting him the jobs! But after that, for some reason he quit talking to me after I wanted to give him other transports, don't know what happened then he complained to Tom about me putting transports on here and had them deleted. I was close to paying Tom's fee to be pinned at the top like he got, but thought about it a bit more then the whole Covid thing happened so I declined. I do not know the exact reason but have a couple of guesses I do not want to post here. I just went out of my way on the last two transports to pick up and deliver parts for people, if they are close enough to one of my routes then I don't mind helping people out for some gas and hotel money! I have a 440 Six Pack engine I just picked up in Arkansas for a guy who needs it in Ohio, he bought it 8 months ago and couldn't find any one to ship it. I told him the next time I will be in Ohio I will bring it along, just makes sense to people... shruggy
Posted By: B5TA

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/19/22 06:15 PM

Hey Rhino , Where abouts in Ohio are you heading ?? Kevin

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/19/22 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by B5TA
Hey Rhino , Where abouts in Ohio are you heading ?? Kevin

Cleveland/Medina but I also have to run to Knoxville, TN soon so I will be going through southern Ohio...

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/21/22 02:11 PM

He now calls himself Freighter Jim Travels, found this on Farcebook today in am AMC group...

Need Your AMC Or Other Vehicle Moved ?
Leaving Minnesota, Minnesota September 20th
20 feet of enclosed trailer space available
Call or text Jim @ 260-804-6695
Taking the I-90 & I-94 corridor west
Thru Fargo - Bismark - Billings - Bozeman
Butte - Missoula To Spokane, WA
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/21/22 02:25 PM

So what did happen to him???

I'd guess his thread about Volo that didn't go over well ???
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/22/22 02:16 PM

Initially I turned him on to a couple transports I couldn't do and he actually sent me money, my cut for getting him the jobs! But after that, for some reason he quit talking to me after I wanted to give him other transports, don't know what happened then he complained to Tom about me putting transports on here and had them deleted. I was close to paying Tom's fee to be pinned at the top like he got, but thought about it a bit more then the whole Covid thing happened so I declined. I do not know the exact reason but have a couple of guesses I do not want to post here. I just went out of my way on the last two transports to pick up and deliver parts for people, if they are close enough to one of my routes then I don't mind helping people out for some gas and hotel money! I have a 440 Six Pack engine I just picked up in Arkansas for a guy who needs it in Ohio, he bought it 8 months ago and couldn't find any one to ship it. I told him the next time I will be in Ohio I will bring it along, just makes sense to people... shruggy

You certainly went out of your way to help me out! Thanks again!
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/22/22 06:16 PM

When ever I posted anything on here to move, he was the 1st guy to quote me absolutely insane prices and tell me how much he was worth .. I'm glad he is gone
Posted By: HarryM

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 09/24/22 11:46 AM

I once asked someone familiar with that business what he thought about Jim, he laughed & said....."There is a very good reason his last name is never shown on any forums he spams"

He then told me to Google search Jim Jarzabek Trulyvintage or Jim Jarzabek Dayton, Ohio! I did & there was lots of scary stuff just in the hour I wasted reading it, should have stopped after the first 5 minutes. I am sure by now (this was a few years ago) many of that stuff has been removed.

He also told me that someone who is confident in their ability, honesty & morals doesn't need to create a website to make himself look good, yet NOT allow customers to post their feedback on it!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 10/03/22 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by HarryM
I once asked someone familiar with that business what he thought about Jim, he laughed & said....."There is a very good reason his last name is never shown on any forums he spams"

He then told me to Google search Jim Jarzabek Trulyvintage or Jim Jarzabek Dayton, Ohio! I did & there was lots of scary stuff just in the hour I wasted reading it, should have stopped after the first 5 minutes. I am sure by now (this was a few years ago) many of that stuff has been removed.

He also told me that someone who is confident in their ability, honesty & morals doesn't need to create a website to make himself look good, yet NOT allow customers to post their feedback on it!

I just googled it , it's all still there ...lmao
Posted By: GY3

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 10/03/22 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by JohnRR

Wow, lots of interesting stuff!

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 10/04/22 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by GY3
Originally Posted by JohnRR

Wow, lots of interesting stuff!

I would say more SCARY than interesting! LOL
I would hate to be anyone who did not do the research first & entrusted him with their new purchase! By the way...The vile & disgusting things posted by his oldest daughter about what he did to her have been deleted from the Chillicothe News report of when he "Ran Himself Over" with his own truck!
Posted By: sogtx

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 10/05/22 09:29 AM

That guy is a shitbag
I needed 2 sleds picked up in his neighborhood and
brought east .
This was dickheads response
I work for a living so I didnt have a chance to post this up -
But now I did
This is from 3-4 years ago .
A true Moron

Attached picture C1B94136-ED98-40F6-85CD-74ABEC265F97.png

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 10/08/22 12:04 PM

I have to believe if he was a business & not just some guy who lives in a bunk in his trailer, he would be out of business treating possibly future customers like that! Easy to be a [censored] when you don't really have any expenses other than food & fuel.
Posted By: Trulyvintage

Bill Squires DBA Bill’s Auto Works - 10/08/22 03:01 PM

Back in 2010 - Bill Squires DBA Bill’s Auto Works
picked up a Super Bee for Lindy here on Moparts.

Bill put the Super Bee on an open trailer and drove
directly into a major hailstorm in
Colorado that was part of a major storm that
had been forecasted for three days over at
least three days in the middle of the night.

Lindy posted on Moparts looking for advice
after Bill Squires delivered the car - Bill
promised to pay - then ran away.

Lindy contacted me seeking advice.
I told him while a hailstorm is an Act Of God
driving into one that was forecasted in the middle
of the night hauling a freshly painted car on an
open trailer is an Act Of Stupidity.

Bill Squires contacted me trying to get my
support for his perspective that his actions
were Justified and what happened was
an Accident.

At the same time I was also transporting
with an open trailer in the same area and
stopped several hundred miles to the east
to wait the storm out.

Bill Squires was furious - he vowed to
destroy me and put me out of business.

So the internet postings started …
Stories fabricated by Bill Squires
and some associates like Harry …

Bill Squires then joined every car forum I
belonged to - offering his transport services
while trashing me and my business.

I ended up posting Lindy’s story
in his own words with his own pictures
on my website:

@ https://www.trulyvintagetrailers.citymax.com/Bill_Squires_dba_Bills_Auto_Works_cost_me_12K.html

Bill Squires was banned from Moparts.

For the past eleven years I was a Moparts Sponsor
at a cost of $6600 total & I did not renew this year
because for the most part all I got requests to haul
vehicles that are not along the routes I posted availability for
from folks expecting to pay 10 cents a mile to
the cost of fuel to have a vehicle hauled.

Folks like Harry can post away on the internet
the lies and fabrications about me.

Rhinodart can keep getting transport jobs
from Bill Squires and posting for free in
the transport forum.

Tom had a written rule about folks who
were hauling for hire not posting
in the Transport forum for many years unless
they were Moparts Sponsors

Rhinodart is a business - he kept posting
seeking auto transport work and Tom
kept deleting his posts.

In The Real World ….
Things are just fine.

Jim

Attached picture 3E0FC362-21B9-4765-857E-C00EFA941976.jpeg

Re: Bill Squires DBA Bill’s Auto Works - 10/13/22 06:21 PM

Not surprising that this guy will LIE & try to DEFLECT away from his many crimes. I guess that is his way of trying to get this thread deleted.

I emailed this thread to Bill & a few days later he responded in the way an Honest Christian man with integrity would respond.

"I appreciate your friendship & support as a customer Harry, but while his fake testimonial about the hailstorm I got caught 12 years ago is disappointing & shows his extreme jealousy of my business, quality equipment & rapport with customers.....I honestly have no time for any of it as it has not affected my business what so ever. One thing is for sure, I NEVER called him asking for his opinion on the Hailstorm I got caught in! I had a 25+ year career who was regarded as one of the best in the business before I even started advertising on the internet or that forum, so why would I ask advise from someone like him! LOL

God Bless
Bill "

End of quote, except for a few hilarious comments about the lack of integrity, honesty & decency that has plagued Trulyvintage all the years he has been transporting.

Meanwhile here is another of the hundreds of negative posts about Jarzabek, not only is it a great read, but shows why everyone needs to do the research before hiring someone to transport their vehicle!

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=72609.90
Posted By: sogtx

Re: Bill Squires DBA Bill’s Auto Works - 10/15/22 02:35 PM

Why is trulyvintage even allowed to post ?
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Bill Squires DBA Bill’s Auto Works - 10/15/22 03:45 PM

If you’re moving a car, wouldn’t Reliable Carriers be a better choice? I have a little knowledge about the car transportation business and it doesn’t seem profitable on a small scale.

Re: Bill Squires DBA Bill’s Auto Works - 10/17/22 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by 1972CudaV21
If you’re moving a car, wouldn’t Reliable Carriers be a better choice? I have a little knowledge about the car transportation business and it doesn’t seem profitable on a small scale.

The problem with the big transport companies like Reliable are that they cannot offer specialized door to door service. They pick up vehicles or have them delivered to their semi haulers and cannot always take a vehicle to it's destination and sometime must sit in warehouses for some time to make a haul profitable. People have to change their schedules to fit with the large carriers transport destinations. work As far as what TV had to say, consider the source... rolleyes

Jim "so called Transport guy" - 10/18/22 07:41 PM

Rhinodart has proven himself to be an honest & trustworthy transport guy!

He deals with other guys who are honest & don't spend all their time figuring out ways to screw over people in this hobby! Unlike Tulyvintage of course who has been booted from many forums & is currently suspended from the AACA for probably the 3rd time in the last couple of years...This from a year ago.

Banned trulyvintage for a month - Moderators & Administrators Forum ...
Sep 29, 2021Banned trulyvintage for a month Banned trulyvintage for a month. By Peter Gariepy, September 29, 2021 in Moderators & Administrators Forum. Followers 1. Recommended Posts. Peter Gariepy. Posted September 29, 2021. Peter Gariepy. Administrator realcrazy
Posted By: Nukechargerboy

Re: Jim "so called Transport guy" - 10/19/22 01:42 AM

I tried to get him to transport a charger and tools. He wouldn't do it, blamed it on the weather and accused me of being crazy. Did it myself, and I'll be doing it again. With no help from holierthanthough.
Posted By: billohio

Re: Jim "so called Transport guy" - 10/19/22 02:05 PM

I asked him about transporting a car to my buddy in Phoenix for restoration. I am in Ohio. He wanted to argue I could get it done cheaper here. Its a valuable car and I wanted it done right and my friend had time to do it and I would not be waiting years for it to get done. Guys a joke
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Jim "so called Transport guy" - 10/22/22 03:01 AM

More kudos for the Rhino! Has done me very well over the years.

Re: Jim "so called Transport guy" - 11/01/22 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumguy
More kudos for the Rhino! Has done me very well over the years.

Yep! Guys like Rhino, Doc & Bill continue to service car guys with no issues, meanwhile Trulyvintage/Freighter Jim just keeps on trying to screw guys out of their money or telling them how stupid they are for wanting to hire a transporter that is much better than him! LOL
Posted By: mopargem

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 11/02/22 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by lilcuda
[quote=rocksmopar]I may need a parts car dragged back home from the east coast. Is that guy who used to advertise still around? I think his name was Jim with the old F350 and the enclosed trailer...

Thanks
[I would look for another alternative. I had him haul a car in 2014. He was sketchy at best. Glad to hear he is gone from here. Good riddance.
years ago he picked up a non rrunning road runner i sold all he did was moan and [censored] becuase he didnt want to back imto the driveway i finally conviced him to just pull in the front yard area which was flat and dry no rain and got it loaded ive never delt with a hauler so rude and i didnt even hire him! the buyer of my car did
Posted By: A12

Re: Bill Squires DBA Bill’s Auto Works - 11/02/22 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Trulyvintage
Back in 2010 - Bill Squires DBA Bill’s Auto Works
picked up a Super Bee for Lindy here on Moparts.

Bill put the Super Bee on an open trailer and drove
directly into a major hailstorm in
Colorado that was part of a major storm that
had been forecasted for three days over at
least three days in the middle of the night.

Lindy posted on Moparts looking for advice
after Bill Squires delivered the car - Bill
promised to pay - then ran away.

Lindy contacted me seeking advice.
I told him while a hailstorm is an Act Of God
driving into one that was forecasted in the middle
of the night hauling a freshly painted car on an
open trailer is an Act Of Stupidity.

Bill Squires contacted me trying to get my
support for his perspective that his actions
were Justified and what happened was
an Accident.

At the same time I was also transporting
with an open trailer in the same area and
stopped several hundred miles to the east
to wait the storm out.

Bill Squires was furious - he vowed to
destroy me and put me out of business.

So the internet postings started …
Stories fabricated by Bill Squires
and some associates like Harry …

Bill Squires then joined every car forum I
belonged to - offering his transport services
while trashing me and my business.

I ended up posting Lindy’s story
in his own words with his own pictures
on my website:

@ https://www.trulyvintagetrailers.citymax.com/Bill_Squires_dba_Bills_Auto_Works_cost_me_12K.html

Bill Squires was banned from Moparts.

For the past eleven years I was a Moparts Sponsor
at a cost of $6600 total & I did not renew this year
because for the most part all I got requests to haul
vehicles that are not along the routes I posted availability for
from folks expecting to pay 10 cents a mile to
the cost of fuel to have a vehicle hauled.

Folks like Harry can post away on the internet
the lies and fabrications about me.

Rhinodart can keep getting transport jobs
from Bill Squires and posting for free in
the transport forum.

Tom had a written rule about folks who
were hauling for hire not posting
in the Transport forum for many years unless
they were Moparts Sponsors

Rhinodart is a business - he kept posting
seeking auto transport work and Tom
kept deleting his posts.

In The Real World ….
Things are just fine.

Jim

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 03/08/23 01:38 AM

At least he is an "Equal Opportunity Annoyer" The Buick guys despise him just like every other brand fans! Really Sad

https://www.v8buick.com/index.php?threads/thumbs-down-on-car-shipper-jim.384505/
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 03/09/23 02:15 AM

I strongly recommend RhinoDart and Bill Squires as well. They've both hauled for me and no issues with either.

Both have worked out pickups and drop off's for me. Thumbs up for both.
Posted By: BH27G1B

Re: Jim the transport guy? - 03/09/23 04:22 AM

Stay away from Truly Vintage. He went on and on like an old lady to a friend who was looking for a simple yes or no about hauling a car. I asked him about transporting a car from Kansas and he told me I shouldn't buy a car from there and he had no interest in the job. He is a Jacka$$ !
© 2024 Moparts Forums