Moparts

Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here?

Posted By: A12

Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here? - 09/03/22 09:09 PM

. shock '69 Road Runner?

Attached picture AA11qZyS.jpg
Posted By: A12

Re: Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here? - 09/03/22 09:27 PM

Sad but it's only a car, what's really sad is all of the homes, property gone or damaged and all of the lives changed forever, damn those fires are terrible. God bless everyone there.

Mike
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here? - 09/03/22 10:07 PM

Maybe a 2010 Chevy Van?

Seriously though, yeah looks like '69 B Body but which one shruggy

Awful for those poor people.
Posted By: srt

Re: Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here? - 09/03/22 10:42 PM

wag 69 vinyl top gtx
up close looks to have burned hot or was a project? no door handles and vent frames gone.
Fires out here are not fun. Between mismanaged lands and hoarder land owners no matter how much 'fire-proofing' one does the firefighters may just drive by to find a better place to make their stand. I've been through evac orders 4 or 5 times (not sure about a fire in '86), never fun and really makes one sure must have stuff is organized (and running good).
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here? - 09/03/22 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by srt
wag 69 vinyl top gtx
up close looks to have burned hot or was a project? no door handles and vent frames gone.
Fires out here are not fun. Between mismanaged lands and hoarder land owners no matter how much 'fire-proofing' one does the firefighters may just drive by to find a better place to make their stand. I've been through evac orders 4 or 5 times (not sure about a fire in '86), never fun and really makes one sure must have stuff is organized (and running good).
A bit like Hurricanes here as far as evacuating, but much worse in that wildfires are so unpredictable. At least with Hurricanes we see them starting, watch them and know ahead of time to leave (except some of us losers in the wrong line of work).
Posted By: TJP

Re: Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here? - 09/04/22 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by srt
wag 69 vinyl top gtx

I'm guessing HOT, behind the van is what appears to be a trail of melted aluminum? pity
Posted By: moparx

Re: Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here? - 09/04/22 06:09 PM

i would say your eyes are correct.
lots of aluminum on new stuff as you know, and there is probably a little slope to the street.
it's too bad about the lives lost and all the damage.
easy to rebuild property damage, but you can't resurrect someone from their resting place............
almost too sad to see the fires in action, especially when watching them create their own destructive weather.
angel
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here? - 09/04/22 11:14 PM

They were probably loading it or waiting for a trailer and ran out of time.

In this era you need a backup gen and unlimited water to feed the roof and perimeter sprayers. We also keep a 1000 gallon beater d500 fire truck in the yard all summer. Not what I had in mind moving to Oregon years back. Looking for property closer to the coast! Pray for those poor people; if they do survive the fire they are often left with a colossal mess to desl with. Akin to the people affected by Katrina and other natural disasters.
Posted By: njmopar

Re: Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here? - 09/05/22 02:16 AM

Hopefully no loss of life.
Odd thing is how selective fire is since the area behind the car is green and the stop sign isn’t even touched.
Posted By: mother hen

Re: Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here? - 09/05/22 04:18 AM

The van was parked along side the curb just like the truck in the next intersection. The poor b-body came down the road and hit that van. You can see the driver side fender is pushed up up over, and the bumper may be pulled around. Now one or two things have happened....the battery is broke and it will not start.....or it is wedged in the van tire opening. So panic has set in and the car is left. Just dragging it one street over would have saved it. I imagine it was chaotic and smoky and everything else, so the driver may have never seen the van.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Northern California wildfire, what am I seeing here? - 09/06/22 06:35 PM

The structure of the car doesn't look too badly warped and distorted, get the AMD catalog out and start ordering new tin!
© 2024 Moparts Forums