Moparts

Photo editing for car pictures

Posted By: AndyF

Photo editing for car pictures - 08/21/22 09:25 PM

I have a friend who is really good at editing photos to make them look better. She charges a fee for it of course since it is part of her business but I've found that the fee is worth it if I'm selling a high value car. I just thought I'd throw it out here if someone is looking for help in this area you can PM me and I'll provide a contact. Here are a couple of examples of work that she has done for me:

Attached picture PZYA2054 (Large).JPG
Attached picture HGCE8654 (Large).JPG
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Photo editing for car pictures - 08/21/22 09:30 PM

Here is another picture that was retouched. She usually add highlights, does some cropping, blurs out the background, etc. The idea is to take an okay picture and turn it into a better or great photo. Most car guys are not photographers so it might be easier to work with an editor to touch up the photos than it would be to hire a pro to shoot the photos.

Attached picture banner.jpg
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Photo editing for car pictures - 08/22/22 12:30 AM

Not knocking your friend but a lot can be done by simply using filters in your computers photo program. Its also not advisable to use doctored pictures when selling a car, thats the one time you dont use any fluff at all, so the car (and its flaws) come through naturally.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Photo editing for car pictures - 08/22/22 01:03 AM

These pictures were done with my iphone 6 at Folsom Lake, CA January 2021 just after sunset.

Attached picture Folsom 10.JPG
Attached picture Folsom 11.JPG
Posted By: theraif

Re: Photo editing for car pictures - 08/22/22 02:51 PM

the one free editor i use is gimp https://www.gimp.org/ and you want to learn a trick you can find it on you tube or cnet.com is a good place to find other free editors twocents
Posted By: 1969RR

Re: Photo editing for car pictures - 08/22/22 03:13 PM

Hey Kern Dog, Absolutely beautiful car! I miss my '70. Thanks for posting! Jeff
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Photo editing for car pictures - 08/22/22 03:53 PM

Kern, those look like magazine shots. Especially the first one.
Posted By: Black_Sheep

Re: Photo editing for car pictures - 09/16/22 12:47 AM

I just take a zillion pictures, one or two of them are bound to turn out…

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Moparts Forums