Moparts

Dodge Dealership Letters 60's-70's

Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Dodge Dealership Letters 60's-70's - 08/20/22 03:56 PM

Just to settle a little bet with another Mopar guy,does anyone have an original letter used on the front of Dodge dealerships to spell out the dealer's name or know the size of each individual letter?Thanks !!

Attached picture NOWELLDODGE.JPG
Posted By: CrazyD

Re: Dodge Dealership Letters 60's-70's - 08/20/22 06:07 PM

not exact, but you can get in the ballpark by extrapolating from known sizes of objects in that photo, bearing in mind you need to stay in the same vertical plane to avoid perspective distortions. For example door is probably a standard 80" tall, compare to height of sign letter directly above door.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Dodge Dealership Letters 60's-70's - 08/20/22 10:49 PM

Tom and Gary Hergert have several sets, I saw a set they got from a Plymouth dealership at the Minnesota show this year, if you don't have their contact number text me and I will give it to you, Rocket Restorations in Olympia, Washington is the business. wave
Posted By: tallzag

Re: Dodge Dealership Letters 60's-70's - 08/21/22 01:39 AM

Yes I have a bunch. They are a bunch of different widths (which make them a super pain to transport!) but the height is the same. Let me go measure one.

...they are 36 inches flange to flange tall.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Dodge Dealership Letters 60's-70's - 08/21/22 01:59 AM

Still trying to find the Grand Spaulding Dodge letters, someone in Chi-town has to have them somewhere!

Attached picture GSD letters.png
Attached picture GSD letters across the street.jpg
Posted By: tallzag

Re: Dodge Dealership Letters 60's-70's - 08/22/22 11:02 PM

Nice thing about those letters are they are completely modular. Each letter is individual so if you find enough you could still spell out Grand Spaulding. Have a bunch of Plymouth letters, not as many Dodge. Trying to spell out Rocket Restorations smile
© 2024 Moparts Forums