Moparts

SCORE!!!

Posted By: Jim_Lusk

SCORE!!! - 08/18/22 01:51 AM

So, every once in a while I wander into ebay and look for license plate frames from one of the two Dodge dealers that sold my wife's 1968 GTS convertible. New from Northwestern Dodge in Ferndale, MI (Detroit) and Van Ness Dodge in SF. Tonight I found this embossed plate that is clearly vintage (not sure what vintage, but it looks like the right era by the graphics). Still looking for plate frames, though. Either dealership would be satisfactory. And, yes I did buy this...

Attached picture northwestern Dodge plate.jpg
Posted By: TJP

Re: SCORE!!! - 08/18/22 01:58 AM

up

I have two West Valley dodge frames from Los Gatos but they were a pretty small dealership back in the day so finding someone that has a car from them is rather remote frown beer
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: SCORE!!! - 08/18/22 01:59 AM

cool

Re: SCORE!!! - 08/18/22 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by TJP
up

I have two West Valley dodge frames from Los Gatos but they were a pretty small dealership back in the day so finding someone that has a car from them is rather remote frown beer

I'd also love to find Westlake Dodge (Daly City) as my son's Dart convertible was sold from there used in 1970 about the same time our GTS was sold in SF.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: SCORE!!! - 08/18/22 04:21 AM

It’s all about the hunt. Took me years, but it was well worth it.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: SCORE!!! - 08/19/22 10:19 PM

Super cool! I love it!!!
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: SCORE!!! - 08/19/22 10:23 PM

Sometimes I'm tempted to buy one of these "ARRIVE ALIVE" Florida plates. For many years all Florida Highway Patrol cars had these on the front of their cars. I remember as a little kid seeing the big 77/78 Monacos with 440's on the interstate blowing by at probably double digits and being infatuated with those cars. I still want one!

This plate is on Feebay for $100

Attached picture s-l1600 (1).jpg

Re: SCORE!!! - 08/20/22 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Sometimes I'm tempted to buy one of these "ARRIVE ALIVE" Florida plates. For many years all Florida Highway Patrol cars had these on the front of their cars. I remember as a little kid seeing the big 77/78 Monacos with 440's on the interstate blowing by at probably double digits and being infatuated with those cars. I still want one!

This plate is on Feebay for $100

Yeah, I thought $30 for mine was pretty good. I passed on an NOS set of Van Ness Dodge frames a year or so ago because they were the wrong color pattern and they were $180. The red and white were opposites of what what on the car when we bought it in 1983.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: SCORE!!! - 08/22/22 12:18 AM

I still have this one, a memento of my misspent youth apimp

Attached picture arrive stoned.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: SCORE!!! - 08/22/22 08:21 PM

i don't have a framed tag to prove it, but i got my butt smacked good for setting the woods on fire when i was a "yout" . panic laugh2
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums