Moparts

Dodge convertible for 2023

Posted By: stumpy

Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/16/22 02:31 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...dodge-challenger-convertible/ar-AA10Hj3U
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/16/22 01:54 PM

that hit my feed too.
last year or maybe as far back as 2020, there was a dealer that stocked them already converted.
wasn't charging all that much considering at the time.
still more than I am willing to pay for a DD, but interesting all the same.
If I remember right, they were just at 60k with some discounts that we will never see now.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/16/22 02:20 PM

And they are a bit late again, available since 2008 and we sold them in 2009, both Challenger and Cuda. Proof is my fat [censored] standing behind them...LOL

Attached picture 2009 Challenger convertibles.jpg
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/16/22 03:15 PM

shruggy
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/16/22 05:17 PM

There was a Hell Cat Red Eye Wide Body Challenger at a local mopar race/show here in 2020. It was very well done and looked totally factory.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/16/22 09:09 PM

14 yrs into a run and they're finally gonna make a factory ragtop?? Talk about late to the party! I bought a Mustang GT 4 yrs ago because there was no ragtop Challenger. Don't get me wrong...the Mustang is a fun car,plenty fast,comfortable etc......I just would have preferred a Challenger. Yet they wonder why they struggle???
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/16/22 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
And they are a bit late again, available since 2008 and we sold them in 2009, both Challenger and Cuda. Proof is my fat [censored] standing behind them...LOL

I wonder how the glue held up for the stuck on cuda tail panel? Those things were ridiculous - and always will be.
Posted By: moparts

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/16/22 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dcuda69
14 yrs into a run and they're finally gonna make a factory ragtop?? Talk about late to the party! I bought a Mustang GT 4 yrs ago because there was no ragtop Challenger. Don't get me wrong...the Mustang is a fun car,plenty fast,comfortable etc......I just would have preferred a Challenger. Yet they wonder why they struggle???

All the "New" Dodge Challenger Conv is , the place in FLA that has been converting them all along , Now you can order that from your local dealer
Still going to Fla for the modification

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/17/22 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by moparts
Originally Posted by Dcuda69

All the "New" Dodge Challenger Conv is , the place in FLA that has been converting them all along , Now you can order that from your local dealer
Still going to Fla for the modification

Exactly, now they have 14 years of development under their belt. Wonder how well they changed the ladder frame underneath to strengthen it up? Wonder if the a-pillar shake has been sorted out...
work

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/17/22 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Dart 500
Originally Posted by Rhinodart

I wonder how the glue held up for the stuck on cuda tail panel? Those things were ridiculous - and always will be.

I am sure the tail panel held up fine, now the bonded quarter panels may not have though... work
Posted By: roadntrack

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/17/22 12:47 PM

$26,000 for an aftermarket conversion?
No thanks!
My limited history with conversion vans tells me to pass
Posted By: Ashsdad

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/17/22 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by roadntrack
$26,000 for an aftermarket conversion?
No thanks!
My limited history with conversion vans tells me to pass

Since its the same company that has been doing them all along, is that what they are charging? I thought I remember looking into it once and it was ~$14k for the conversion. I held out hope that I could someday afford one, but apparently it was wasted hope for an additional $26k...
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: Dodge convertible for 2023 - 08/17/22 06:37 PM

Looks good to me!

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Moparts Forums