Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight

Posted By: Dart 500

Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/15/22 08:18 PM

Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/15/22 11:41 PM

So, inquiring minds want to know. What’s a carbon fiber ‘70 B-body weigh? 😁

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 12:10 AM

Not much, but get out your wallet. I like they're coming out with a roadrunner and cuda as well (speedkore). Just go through them if you want one. I wonder how many challenger convertibles they'll sell?
Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 12:46 AM

Yup,I thought we'd see more tonight.Did anybody get the reveal dates of the cars on the transport? If there are 6,I would assume a Challenger,Charger,Durango,and....
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 12:49 AM

If I heard it correctly, there will be more reveals in the next couple of days.
Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 01:01 AM

Hornet Tuesday and EV on Wednesday
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 02:32 AM

Sad to see the end of the Challenger/Charger and Hemi engines....

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by 44D6PAKCUDA
Yup,I thought we'd see more tonight.Did anybody get the reveal dates of the cars on the transport? If there are 6,I would assume a Challenger,Charger,Durango,and....

www.dodgegarage.com
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 12:36 PM

Thanks for sharing!It was great! drive
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 12:54 PM

I don't share the hosts enthusiasm regarding celebrating the end of their production. I'm not sure why share holders would either, considering they don't seem to have a problem selling anything they can put out. Savvier business folks than I are calling the shots so I'm far from an expert but once the brand goes full EV I will no longer entertain a new car to fill any part of this hobby for me which will be a sad day.

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 02:31 PM

I think they are jumping the gun a bit,we don't want a ev so hopefully they'll change their minds up

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
I think they are jumping the gun a bit,we don't want a ev so hopefully they'll change their minds up

I dont think they can change their minds, all the contracts for the factories have been signed, apparently the new charger/challenger will be built in Windsor
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by A39Coronet
I don't share the hosts enthusiasm regarding celebrating the end of their production. I'm not sure why share holders would either, considering they don't seem to have a problem selling anything they can put out. Savvier business folks than I are calling the shots so I'm far from an expert but once the brand goes full EV I will no longer entertain a new car to fill any part of this hobby for me which will be a sad day.

iagree
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/16/22 11:07 PM

Well, we can always hope that we can get 50 years of fun from our current crop of muscle cars like we did the last crop.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 12:58 AM

Dates

Attached picture 2114CAAE-1959-4EC0-8B82-26C96431B54C.jpeg
Attached picture 0C4913C5-9711-4678-AF6C-E67B897631E9.jpeg
Attached picture 4B47115C-76EF-4441-BE48-FCC4DB6281C3.jpeg
Attached picture 2379BF6D-83A0-4BFD-808A-D36AF30BDA3C.jpeg
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by A39Coronet

I agree. All electric? I hope they crash and burn for embracing the BS EV crap. May they fail in spectacular fashion and once again lower their heads in shame looking for a government bailout.

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 02:17 PM

Like I said jumping the gun,not sure that all this electric crap will work.What if things change and the isn't a big push for electric cars,Then what!!?
Posted By: theraif

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 03:07 PM

played the vid for my sister she asked where was the plant that build them . i said canada shruggy how is it a American muscle car ? then she said i dont want no durango give me a 2023 full size 4x2 ramcharger
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 05:04 PM

Fellas, don't you get it.... THE HYPE buy one now cause they will be gone forever!!!!! they follow the money. Gov is subsidizing the EVs so all the car companies are jumping on. the public isn't in large measure. This is MARKETING promote selling the last ones with all the goodies and the dealer insane markups. the Charger and Challenger may go away for a year or so but the sales drive the market and the HEMI drives the sales
Posted By: Remy-Z

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 05:36 PM

There is one thing that seems to be overlooked, esp. with the Hornet: Dodge hasn't put out a new model since the Dart. That was 2012. Chrysler's history looks like this: Find something that works, run it into the ground, realize the finances are screwed, panic, hit a home run, repeat. So far, the only mistake I see made is that the Hornet GLH is a Direct Connection parts-bin concept and not a production model. If Kuniskis' power hints are any indication, that's over 400 ft/lb in a crossover the size of my right foot with all wheel drive and Brembos. How that can't be entertaining is beyond me.

Yes, the Charger/Challenger sell. But how long can they go on? At some point the market hits "familiarity breeds contempt" and turns. And the manufacturer needs to be ahead of that mark, not behind it.

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Remy-Z
There is one thing that seems to be overlooked, esp. with the Hornet: Dodge hasn't put out a new model since the Dart. That was 2012. Chrysler's history looks like this: Find something that works, run it into the ground, realize the finances are screwed, panic, hit a home run, repeat. So far, the only mistake I see made is that the Hornet GLH is a Direct Connection parts-bin concept and not a production model. If Kuniskis' power hints are any indication, that's over 400 ft/lb in a crossover the size of my right foot with all wheel drive and Brembos. How that can't be entertaining is beyond me.

Yes, the Charger/Challenger sell. But how long can they go on? At some point the market hits "familiarity breeds contempt" and turns. And the manufacturer needs to be ahead of that mark, not behind it.

They will also hit a brick wall where they no longer meet safety/crash standards like the caravan they built forever until they couldn't. The "concept" gets shown tonight

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 06:22 PM

The challenger and charger look great why not do different power plants in these cars?

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 06:45 PM

The challenger and charger look great why not do different power plants in these cars?

I think they are, rumors swirling about the turbo 6 being offered in the new cars. The H.O makes 510hp and now they make a ZF 8speed with a 350hp electric motor in it, boom, there's your hellcat level power.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dart 500

I think they are, rumors swirling about the turbo 6 being offered in the new cars. The H.O makes 510hp and now they make a ZF 8speed with a 350hp electric motor in it, boom, there's your hellcat level power.

How is that Hellcat level power?????
Posted By: RP's R/T's

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 07:41 PM

I think there are V8 people (power/sound) and everyone else.
Just because a turbo-6 or 4 or hybrid can claim semi-equal levels of power...it is a different market, feel, experience.
I think all these automakers feel they will carry along the same demographics.
It seems to me they are just alienating a large group of V8 AND Horsepower enthusiasts.
Posted By: A12

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by RP's R/T's
I think there are V8 people (power/sound) and everyone else.
Just because a turbo-6 or 4 or hybrid can claim semi-equal levels of power...it is a different market, feel, experience.
I think all these automakers feel they will carry along the same demographics.
It seems to me they are just alienating a large group of V8 AND Horsepower enthusiasts.

True so true. Just like there are V-twin motorcycle people there will always be V8 people big and small block V8 people. Just think if Harley and Indian did away with the V-twin and went to inline 4-cylinder engines, they would be done in only a few years. Why do you think they've been around for so long. What happened to the pride in being a "Motor" company??? Chrysler Motors, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, American Motors Corporation, etc., Soon we'll have to add in "Electric" to all of those Motor company names laugh2 down Change is not always good as much as improving the product that works. Why kill off something that works and just adding in new tech to see if it sticks around. IMO Hydrogen V8's will be the next big thing wink

Mike

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 08:17 PM

A12 Not to be an ASS but Electrics are MOTORS internal combustion are engines

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Originally Posted by Dart 500

How is that Hellcat level power?????

510 + 350 = 860.

I love boost but not in a challenger or charger wrapper. Something like that might be better suited for a Trackhawk esq Jeep.
Posted By: A12

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by modelmakerinc

Yeah I knew or know that and expected that. Always wondered why it wasn't Ford Engine Company or General Engine Corporation laugh2 laugh2 laugh2
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 10:32 PM

THIS argument again?
What possible use is there for "motor oil" ??
Should GM be renamed GE ?
MOTORcycles.
Your argument sucks.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kern Dog

THIS argument again?
MOTORcycles.
Your argument sucks.

People's competency in their native tongue is what sucks.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kern Dog

THIS argument again?
MOTORcycles.
Your argument sucks.
I know some song lyrics that'll need to be changed too...."get your engine runnin', head out on the highway"! grin

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/17/22 11:33 PM

It's not an argument it's a fact. Will the EV crap say engine? NO
Posted By: VS29H0B

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/18/22 02:58 PM

The real source of the move to EVs is CAFE. Obama changed the CAFE requirements to the point of 54.5 MPG were required by 2025, and the car manufacturers knew this more than 10 years ago. The Trump Admin. changed the CAFE requirements back to 37 MPG which the car manufacturers stated was doable. Biden took office in January 2021 and reverted to the Obama CAFE 54.5 MPG requirements. The entire move to EVs is being financed through taxpayer funding.

The assertion that EVs are less harmful to the environment is false. Most of the pitfalls of moving to EVs has already been discussed on this board as well as many others. The reality is that the car manufacturers have invested over $525 billion to move to EVs and most have no intention of changing course back to ICE powered vehicles.

Elections have consequences - federal, state and local.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a7015/obama-announces-54-6-mpg-cafe-standard-by-2025/

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/ar...oxious_regs_of_the_obama_era_103487.html

Posted By: chargervert

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/18/22 05:45 PM

Well I am not buying one,and if no one else does they will have no choice but to build what the customers will buy!
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/19/22 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by chargervert
Well I am not buying one,and if no one else does they will have no choice but to build what the customers will buy!

They will just starve us with limited and expensive gasoline and diesel like they are doing with our electricity. The libtards appear willing to destroy the Unites States to get their way on emissions.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/19/22 07:10 AM

[censored] them,they are going to destroy America either way!
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/21/22 04:45 AM

It's not an argument it's a fact. Will the EV crap say engine? NO

An electric motor is not called an engine, but an engine can be called a motor. Language is fluid.

Attached picture FB_IMG_1660445542189.jpg
Posted By: Jer

Re: Dodge product unveil 7:10pm tonight - 08/21/22 05:05 AM

[quote=chargervert...they will have no choice but to build what the customers will buy! [/quote]

Salesperson: "Afternoon, Sir, what can I get for you?"

Me: I'd like a two-door, maybe a sport coupe.

"We don't have two-doors, but we have a zillion four door sedans."

Okay, how about a 2-door pickup, a real truck.

"We haven't had those since 2003, but we have a zillion four door pickups, which is what you really want."

No, what I really want is a Ramcharger.

"A what? Well, we have a nice selection of four door Chargers over there..."

*sigh*
© 2024 Moparts Forums