Moparts

Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder

Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/04/22 08:01 PM

A lot to take in.....

https://youtu.be/B2qYeznSuZk

You can contact them if you’re interested in something...
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/05/22 02:05 AM

That was pretty unreal. I swear that I have seen that green Dodge truck with the AAR graphics at the Nats.
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/05/22 02:56 AM

For a place that "restores" Mopars: they sure are sloppy with stuff scattered everywhere. Need to bring in some dumpsters
& scrap some of those cars & lots of that metal laying round.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/05/22 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by 56_Royal_Lancer
That was pretty unreal. I swear that I have seen that green Dodge truck with the AAR graphics at the Nats.

This one is local and he drives the heck out of it.

Attached picture DSC05911.JPG
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/05/22 01:39 PM

Anybody know what rims those are? I really like them.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/05/22 02:02 PM

Love how the guy says he is a Mopar nut, then misidentifies the first two cars he sees, then has to ask the other guy what every car is. Lots of stuff sitting outside rotting away. Cars crammed in buildings that haven't seen the light of day this centuary.
Posted By: theraif

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/05/22 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by MI_Custumz

wasnt this truck on a show based in MI
Posted By: racerx20

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/05/22 04:47 PM

I have never heard an AAR referred to as a "double A R",
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/05/22 07:22 PM

I really hate to see so much stuff sitting outside exposed to the weather, rotting away, but their his cars to do what he wants with.
Posted By: 440newport

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/05/22 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by basketcase
Love how the guy says he is a Mopar nut, then misidentifies the first two cars he sees, then has to ask the other guy what every car is. Lots of stuff sitting outside rotting away. Cars crammed in buildings that haven't seen the light of day this centuary.

Neither of them seemed to recognize a '64 Dodge.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/05/22 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
Anybody know what rims those are? I really like them.
They really look like a one-off. They are pretty cool.
Posted By: BlwnCrcab

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/06/22 01:47 AM

used to see it at Monster Mopar Gateway all the time
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/06/22 06:43 AM

You have.

The silver haired guy is Steve Bean (sp), he used to work with Dave Walden (RIP) aka E.C.S.
https://ecsauto.com/collections/mopar

He helped build the cars that Dave Walden showed at the Nats.
The 4 door Cuda, the Valiant, Dave Challenger and Cuda.

The place where it was filmed is Rich Costello's shop.
It's about a mile from my house as the crow flies.

Many of the cars there belong to "customers".

The 68 Hemi Coronet belongs to a buddy Dave H., he's been waiting for years for progress on the car to be made.
That's the story on many of the cars sitting there. Dave has about 8 cars sitting out there.

Some of the cars there belong to another buddy Tom R., he's the one that ended up with the "Quadruple Black 70 Hemicuda" that came out of Arkansas this year from Danny Hoots.

The guy doing the filming is a Mopar guy.
He's known as Spookhouse Larry, he owns all the local Halloween Haunted House places around St.Louis.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/06/22 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by theraif
Originally Posted by MI_Custumz

wasnt this truck on a show based in MI

This was in Port Huron on 7/30/22. He is from the Warren area and part of the Twisted Axle Car Club. They love to drive their cars all over the metro Detroit area and outside of it on occasion.

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/06/22 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ

You have.

The silver haired guy is Steve Bean (sp), he used to work with Dave Walden (RIP) aka E.C.S.
https://ecsauto.com/collections/mopar

He helped build the cars that Dave Walden showed at the Nats.
The 4 door Cuda, the Valiant, Dave Challenger and Cuda.

The place where it was filmed is Rich Costello's shop.
It's about a mile from my house as the crow flies.

Many of the cars there belong to "customers".

The 68 Hemi Coronet belongs to a buddy Dave H., he's been waiting for years for progress on the car to be made.
That's the story on many of the cars sitting there. Dave has about 8 cars sitting out there.

Some of the cars there belong to another buddy Tom R., he's the one that ended up with the "Quadruple Black 70 Hemicuda" that came out of Arkansas this year from Danny Hoots.

The guy doing the filming is a Mopar guy.
He's known as Spookhouse Larry, he owns all the local Halloween Haunted House places around St.Louis.

What’s Spookhouse Larry’s motivation for putting out a video? In the video, he comes across as condescending. Are these cars/parts really for sale or is he trying to push Rich to sell? Unless Rich is a young guy, he’ll never finish all those cars.

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/06/22 04:10 PM

Who Knows what Larry's motivation for the filming was.

As I said many of the cars aren't even Rich's they belong to other people.

They were there to be inline for restorations, but some have been there 20+ years now.

Rich has had one of Tom's cars for over 30 years that Rich started working on and hasn't finished yet.
He's worked on other cars for Tom and Larry in that time.

Many of the so called parts cars are owned by Tom, along with many of the Six Pack and Hemi cars.

Tom owns 125 acres with 5 lake cabins next to Rich's House/Shop that he mainly bought because he wanted to get rid of a neighbor that was giving Rich problems.
Tom doesn't live there, he lives in St.Louis County.

One of the other neighboring property owners is Mark McKlosky, the lawyer and his wife were charged for waiving guns (AR15) at the protestors in St.Louis.

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/06/22 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Who Knows what Larry's motivation for the filming was.

As I said many of the cars aren't even Rich's they belong to other people.

They were there to be inline for restorations, but some have been there 20+ years now.

Rich has had one of Tom's cars for over 30 years that Rich started working on and hasn't finished yet.
He's worked on other cars for Tom and Larry in that time.

Many of the so called parts cars are owned by Tom, along with many of the Six Pack and Hemi cars.

Tom owns 125 acres with 5 lake cabins next to Rich's House/Shop that he mainly bought because he wanted to get rid of a neighbor that was giving Rich problems.
Tom doesn't live there, he lives in St.Louis County.

One of the other neighboring property owners is Mark McKlosky, the lawyer and his wife were charged for waiving guns (AR15) at the protestors in St.Louis.

Cool, thanks for sharing👍

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/07/22 12:50 AM

so how long do you wait on a car before you relize it will never get worked on and take to someone else? 20 years? unreal.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/07/22 03:06 AM

so how long do you wait on a car before you relize it will never get worked on and take to someone else? 20 years? unreal.

I have had a car in body shop jail since 2010, do you know how much more it would cost to litigate and hope you get your car back in whatever condition it was left in the last time it was worked on? How about the parts, will they all be there and can you prove it? Once they are in body shop jail you are the one with the trust and hope you get it out. I even have a signed contract... frown

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/07/22 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart

I have had a car in body shop jail since 2010, do you know how much more it would cost to litigate and hope you get your car back in whatever condition it was left in the last time it was worked on? How about the parts, will they all be there and can you prove it? Once they are in body shop jail you are the one with the trust and hope you get it out. I even have a signed contract... frown

iagree

There's so much more I could say on this place, but I won't comment on it publicly. whistling
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/07/22 03:29 AM

So ppl who have cars there waiting to be restored actually think they will eventually be restored in that cluttered up shop? If I were them I would get truck/trailer and gather up my car/parts before stuff gets lost in the junk piles.
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/07/22 03:31 AM

Pulling mopar stock cars out of the bush - language warning

Posted By: BleedDodge

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/10/22 04:48 AM

That 70 sublime super bee at 10 minutes into the first video, I would love to have.
What a waste.
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/10/22 11:09 PM

So if u dropped off a car for restoration 20+ years ago & agreed on a price would they still stick to it, cause now you're getting F#%ked because they let it linger for so long & prices have quadrupled.

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/10/22 11:44 PM

I would have pulled the car outta there after a few months....

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/11/22 04:50 AM

Another person who JUST CAN'T part with remnants of his younger days.
Now it's become scrap-iron or decomposes back to the earth.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/11/22 02:46 PM

Some would call me an insane Mopar car/parts horder. I have about a quarter of what this guy has,but the difference,is what I have is all mine,and I really am making a valiant effort to get all of mine inside and out of the weather.

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/12/22 05:12 AM

Hope the owner dies waiting for his to be done, then you claim some sort of reverse ownership? Friendship does have limits at certain times for sure.
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Insane Mopar Car/Parts Hoarder - 08/23/22 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by racerx20
I have never heard an AAR referred to as a "double A R",

That guy really comes off as such a douche I couldn't stomach watching it all. The moment he said "This is my car, a Double A-R 'cuda", I knew I was in for trouble. Couldn't make it through the video.
© 2024 Moparts Forums