Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 03:51 PM

Ahhhh looks tacky 1800 ? Should be more wood!lol
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 03:52 PM

$1800 worth of puke.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 04:45 PM

In general, I like woodgrain, and a Grand Wagoneer seems like the perfect vehicle for it, but that just looks tacked-on and generic. Too bad.
My off-brand Big Woody:

Attached picture wagoon w tree ELC.jpg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 04:50 PM

I like it but the designers screwed up when they didn't take the grain below the gas door and not through it. It should follow the wheel opening like it does on the rear door... work
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 05:00 PM

Clearly not enough coverage overall.
Posted By: A12

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 05:01 PM

When I was a kid my dad would always say when he (we) saw a car with woodgrain siding "It will look pretty good once they get it out of the crate" drumhit laugh2 laugh2

Mike
Posted By: wingman

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 05:26 PM

It HAD to be done if they were going to use the name Grand Wagoneer.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 06:04 PM

plywood sides went out with the first edition caravan. or so i thought. laugh2
beer

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by 56_Royal_Lancer
In general, I like woodgrain, and a Grand Wagoneer seems like the perfect vehicle for it, but that just looks tacked-on and generic. Too bad.
My off-brand Big Woody:

is that the car that has the "cell phone antennae" ? biggrin
beer
Posted By: Powerflow

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 08:41 PM

The Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer ads that I've seen don't mention 'Jeep'. Could Stellantis be looking to spin-ff Wagoneer as a separate brand?
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 09:16 PM

The price tag on those things is nuts...crazy money for a vehicle.
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Powerflow
The Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer ads that I've seen don't mention 'Jeep'. Could Stellantis be looking to spin-ff Wagoneer as a separate brand?

I heard rumors about that, but its serious cart before the horse syndrome. Seems they have a Cadillac guy in there saying Escalade should be its own thing, and he has a point - not so much here though
Posted By: A12

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/03/22 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dart 500

I heard rumors about that, but its serious cart before the horse syndrome. Seems they have a Cadillac guy in there saying Escalade should be its own thing, and he has a point - not so much here though

They are going to have to do something along those lines as the PC-ness of the name Cherokee for sure is going to go the way of Cleveland, Washington etc., in the near future. Wagoneer for sure will be the high end stand alone brand just like all of the rest have done. Lincoln, Genesis, Acura. Lexus, Infinity, etc., Few people know Ford, Honda Toyota, Nissan Hyundai make those luxury brands so having the Grand Wagoneer or "Wagoneer" as a stand-along luxury SUV fits right into the US and world markets. Won't be long.

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/04/22 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by 56_Royal_Lancer
My off-brand Big Woody:

is that the car that has the "cell phone antennae" ? biggrin
beer

It is! Eric, I'm sure you recognize the "Coolspring Power Museum" sticker just below it.

Attached picture CS antenna.jpg
Posted By: johntpr

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/04/22 01:42 AM

To be clearer, that woodgrain is not a factory option. It is a kit made by an aftermarket company, that individuals can buy or some dealers buy and install as a dealer installed add on.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/04/22 04:08 AM

Looks lame.
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/04/22 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by Dart 500

They are going to have to do something along those lines as the PC-ness of the name Cherokee for sure is going to go the way of Cleveland, Washington etc., in the near future. Wagoneer for sure will be the high end stand alone brand just like all of the rest have done. Lincoln, Genesis, Acura. Lexus, Infinity, etc., Few people know Ford, Honda Toyota, Nissan Hyundai make those luxury brands so having the Grand Wagoneer or "Wagoneer" as a stand-along luxury SUV fits right into the US and world markets. Won't be long.

Some tribe looking for a payday already came after it and got told to pound sand

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/04/22 06:45 PM

i sure do Mike ! up
i have been there many times, and each time, there are new things to see, as well as old favorites.
if anyone reading this forum ever gets close to Brookville, Pa. and has some time to enjoy items of the past, the Coolspring Power Museum is a wonderful place to visit.
anyone can PM me at any time for information about this museum, and i will gladly obtain flyers for you.
also, the first 4 wheel drive vehicle was [sort of] mass produced in Brookville. it was called the Twyford. i can't tell you how many were produced, but none exist today.
however, a local master machinist whom i know quite well, Bill McCracken, obtained the original blueprints for the 1903 model, and made a replica of the original. it is quite impressive, and resides in the Jefferson County Historical Museum here in Brookville. up
beer

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/04/22 07:11 PM

Don't forget, Brookville also hosts the World's Largest Cadillac Collection, too!

Re: Woodgrain is back - 08/05/22 03:38 PM

YES ! a MUST see when you are in the area and it's open.
i'll have to get the time and dates for this, as it's only open a few days a year, although i might be able to arrange a private tour.
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums