Moparts

Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be

Posted By: theraif

Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/01/22 09:43 PM

i know the guy makes you want to hit him with a dodge ball
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/01/22 10:04 PM

And this is what happened to them after 30 years...

Attached picture 92 Ramcharger.jpg
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/01/22 11:20 PM

This guy made me develop a nervous twitch. Too much arm & hand movement - they guy is a juiced-up spyder monkey!
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/02/22 04:26 AM

Oh wow. Richard Simmons resurrected.
Posted By: That AMC Guy

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/02/22 08:28 AM

He's gotta keep the millennials entertained.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/02/22 10:31 AM

He is an odd dude for sure. But he really dives into a car when he reviews it, leaves no stone unturned. When he did a Bronco recently when they were pre release it was funny because ford gave him a model that didn't even have an engine, just display. He still did a in depth review lol.

He reviews some interesting stuff. But I have never noticed his movements really until this video lol.
Posted By: 19swinger70

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/02/22 12:19 PM

During my bachelor years, I drove an '85 Ramcharger 4x4 for my daily for a few years. It was rusty and ugly, but it was a great vehicle. With some decent tires on it, it would go pretty much anywhere I wanted. You could also throw a bunch of stuff inside of it, and haul a decent load on a trailer.

I'd like to get another one here in the near future.
Posted By: 19swinger70

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/02/22 02:38 PM

This '93 he is reviewing is a very nice example. If you can ignore the urge to hit this guy upside the cranium with an aluminum baseball bat.........
Posted By: wingman

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/02/22 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
And this is what happened to them after 30 years...

30 years is a great run for any vehicle. Especially one that has been used for plowing and salting.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/02/22 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by 19swinger70
This '93 he is reviewing is a very nice example. If you can ignore the urge to hit this guy upside the cranium with an aluminum baseball bat.........

Absolutely, and a pretty uncommon Canyon Sport to boot. FWIW, I prefer a good old fashioned wood bat and multiple strikes.
Posted By: cudaboy340

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/02/22 05:00 PM

If Jay Leno and Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends) had a love child whistling
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/02/22 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by 19swinger70

Absolutely, and a pretty uncommon Canyon Sport to boot. FWIW, I prefer a good old fashioned wood bat and multiple strikes.

The Ramcharger is extremely nice and any Mopar guy would love to have it.

The guy deserves to be hit with a simple 2x4, he doesn't rate a bat.

Obviously he wanted to be an actor and went to a Shakespearean acting school. laugh2
The way he overacts make me think of William Shatner. whistling
Posted By: MoparsnMissiles

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/02/22 10:22 PM

37 seconds and I was done with that. Annoying doesn't even begin to describe that.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/03/22 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
This guy made me develop a nervous twitch. Too much arm & hand movement - they guy is a juiced-up spyder monkey!

I have no tolerance for effeminate men. Be a man, not a beeee-yotch.
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/03/22 09:30 AM

Clown reviewer (I dont know how anyone subscribes to that guy) aside, Dodge has to be in a tough spot with the RamCharger these days. The bronco is back, scout coming back and word on the street is the GMC Jimmy is as well, all retro designs. Dodge could easily put a retro cool ramcharger body on a wrangler frame and call it a day but they just see it as eating wrangler sales.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/03/22 12:22 PM

I have always liked them... years ago I bought a 2WD model that was rusted bad ..paid $200 for it and made close to $3,000 parting it out ( had a 360 crate motor and a 518 in it )
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/03/22 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
He is an odd dude for sure. But he really dives into a car when he reviews it, leaves no stone unturned. When he did a Bronco recently when they were pre release it was funny because ford gave him a model that didn't even have an engine, just display. He still did a in depth review lol.

He reviews some interesting stuff. But I have never noticed his movements really until this video lol.

He drives me nuts, but his info is good, so I watch his videos.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/03/22 12:51 PM

I had a 90 and one of the most comfortable rides I’ve ever had. Would like to find another in that era with no rust if possible.
Posted By: Wheeler

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/03/22 07:58 PM

Beautiful truck. thumbs The Canyon Sport package is extremely rare.

This is the SUV I remember from back in the day. 2 doors. Short wheelbase. Solid front axle. Transfer case shifter on the floor. Built for offroad.

Back then, 4 door full size SUVs were extremely rare. The only 4 door full size SUVs you could buy were the Chevy Surburban and Jeep Grand Wagoneer.

The Jeep Cherokee XJ, Ford Explorer and Jeep Grand Cherokee changed everything.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/04/22 02:19 PM

This guy reminds me of Gilbert Gottfried, ANNOYING and he needs to wear hand cuffs to keep his arm from flailing around! No love for the Plymouth Trailduster? And you could get a Ramcharger up to 2001 but only in Mexico.
[Linked Image]

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/04/22 02:55 PM

Old joke, how do you keep a New Yorker from talking..? Tie their hands behind their back
Posted By: moparx

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/04/22 06:49 PM

i've heard that joke about others as well. laugh2
beer
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/04/22 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
This guy reminds me of Gilbert Gottfried, ANNOYING and he needs to wear hand cuffs to keep his arm from flailing around! No love for the Plymouth Trailduster? And you could get a Ramcharger up to 2001 but only in Mexico.
[Linked Image]

Those look great until you get around back and realize it just has a Caravan's hatch jammed on it, even has Caravan taillights best I can tell.

https://bangshift.com/general-news/...start-blowing-budget-mexican-ramcharger/
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/04/22 07:48 PM

That was a sweet Ramcharger…my ‘89 blazer isn’t much different. That guy isn’t too familiar with transfer cases either, the shifter is in the same place as my blazer and my 2012 4Runner. The little roof hatch is an awesome idea to keep the vehicle from getting hot in the sun without lowering the side windows. I too love the wing windows!
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/04/22 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Originally Posted by Moparite
[Linked Image]

Those look great until you get around back and realize it just has a Caravan's hatch jammed on it, even has Caravan taillights best I can tell.

https://bangshift.com/general-news/...start-blowing-budget-mexican-ramcharger/

The durango of the era also had caravan tail lights. I remember seeing the two parked beside each other at a dodge body shop I worked at back then and was amazed at how similar their rear ends were

Attached picture 7600215-2001-dodge-durango-thumb.jpg
Attached picture 7526-1200.jpg

Re: Ramcharger Is How SUVs Used to Be - 08/04/22 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
i've heard that joke about others as well. laugh2
beer

Yea, pick your flavor
© 2024 Moparts Forums