Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Stanton
Typical ... stinkin' hot !!!

Whiners are free to stay home.

NO one will miss a whiner, the rest of us will have a great time. wave
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 01:47 AM

Looks to be in the mid 80's with not much chance for rain until Sunday. That ain't hot! You should have been there in the early 90's when it was over 100 degrees each day and a tornado came through to make it 100% humid! panic
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 03:37 AM

88 Friday sun then partial cloudy in afternoon 88 sat and cloudy some sun. Summer time
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 11:43 AM

You should have been there in the early 90's

I was !!
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 11:56 AM

My wife said we it's gonna be hot as he!! Lol!It's always hot in carlisle.I told her it's been hotter,I remember one year it,was so hot they had misting tents outside!She's a real trooper no matter how hot it gets she's with with me checking out cars and parts God Bless her.
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 11:57 AM

Typical ... stinkin' hot !!!

This is nothing compared to what its been in the past. Mild weather for this time of year, but lack of tree cover and a breeze usually make the fairgrounds feel 10 degrees hotter than what it is.
Posted By: massdaytona

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 12:54 PM

you guys looking at weather forecasts for fri/sat/sunday .... they barely can give a proper forecast for the next day...
Posted By: njmopar

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Looks to be in the mid 80's with not much chance for rain until Sunday. That ain't hot! You should have been there in the early 90's when it was over 100 degrees each day and a tornado came through to make it 100% humid! panic

The years when it was so hot that the sun literally hurt. Everyone was looking for any bit of shade they could find. Feet sticking to the asphalt. And the facility brought out those water misting booths to cool people down. That was crazy hot.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 03:45 PM

Seems like its always hot ..no big deal I always find away to deal with it.. still always enjoy the show... I am staying over Saturday night this year to race at South Mountains regular bracket program on Sunday... I usually head home Saturday night.. calling for rain on Sunday though.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by njmopar

The years when it was so hot that the sun literally hurt. Everyone was looking for any bit of shade they could find. Feet sticking to the asphalt. And the facility brought out those water misting booths to cool people down. That was crazy hot.

my brother and i were there, and noticed even in the shade, thermometers were running between 109 and 116 ! eek
we figured that if averaged out, the old saying , "110 in the shade" would be quite applicable ! biggrin
beer
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 07:43 PM

As we get older we become less tolerant of the heat and humidity but that isn`t going to stop me. It may slow me down down though. LOL
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by njmopar

my brother and i were there, and noticed even in the shade, thermometers were running between 109 and 116 ! eek
we figured that if averaged out, the old saying , "110 in the shade" would be quite applicable ! biggrin
beer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JGL1CLqB5W0
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 09:27 PM

About six years ago I got plantars fasciitis and I was in agony with all the walking. Actually called it quits early afternoon and headed home (8 hour drive!). The next year I had it in the other foot as well as some lingering of the first dose so I rented a mobility scooter. When I got back from that trip I went out and bought one and take it to all the big shows. I used to [censored] about those guys, now I am one ! Anyhow, less walking makes the heat more bearable. I the guy driving this thing:

Attached picture 2a.jpg
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 09:32 PM

What’s the Dew Point going to BEE ? That is the question of the day

I can handle 80s temp and 50s low 60s dew points

50s - Beyond perfect

60s - OK

70s - More Water and Beer

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/12/22 10:33 PM

Sunday looks like the hottest day 92 degrees and rain.Good day for wine tasting. boogie

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/13/22 12:23 AM

About six years ago I got plantars fasciitis and I was in agony with all the walking. Actually called it quits early afternoon and headed home (8 hour drive!). The next year I had it in the other foot as well as some lingering of the first dose so I rented a mobility scooter. When I got back from that trip I went out and bought one and take it to all the big shows. I used to [censored] about those guys, now I am one ! Anyhow, less walking makes the heat more bearable. I the guy driving this thing:

I had plantars fasciitis too and found out how to cure it through much research. I started taking massive amounts of calcium and still take 600mg a day. It went away after about a month and has been fine ever since for the last three years. I was going to a chiropractor who mentioned that it may help, so I looked into it and found out most people did get relief... twocents
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/14/22 09:55 AM

We're coming up there from North Carolina, so the temps there are looking like they'll be a relief from the temps down here! up
Posted By: wingman

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/14/22 12:47 PM

Some of us will be at work.

Qwicherbichin! grin
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/14/22 10:00 PM

Left my house in jersey at about 3:45 am. One stop for fuel, one stop to pee, for to the fairgrounds by 7.
It was typical Carlisle hot and humid.

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/14/22 11:02 PM

Ohhh geeeze hot and humid.Dont tell my wife!lol!We're leaving the south jersey shore area tomorrow morning so looks like a 3 hour trip for us.But we'll be there top off the hemi truck get ice for the cooler bring so drinks and water and hopefully be there buy 10am.Be safe guys!!
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/15/22 11:07 PM

You should have been there in the early 90's

I was !!

As was I as well. They had mist sprayers out in various places
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/15/22 11:37 PM

Looks like a thunderstorm might blow through for tomorrow afternoon.

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/16/22 12:10 AM

It was hot temp 92 to 94 but still had a great time!
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/16/22 01:51 AM

Actually weather was pretty nice today. Hot but had a decent breeze.
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/16/22 06:44 AM

wave Hope we get Sat in with that Wall of Rain Storms coming . Keep an eye on the Radar . drive Ronnie
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/16/22 08:18 AM

. I used to [censored] about those guys, now I am one !

Attached picture Manatees pt 1.jpg

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/16/22 11:03 AM

We're heading out soon looks like the rain is holding off till 1pm
cool
Posted By: KGorney

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/18/22 12:48 PM

I think overall, this was one of the coolest temp shows I've been to in years. Sat clouds blocked the sun most of the day and the quick shower helped cool things off. There have been years where the tar would sink under your feet it was so hot!

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/18/22 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by KGorney
I think overall, this was one of the coolest temp shows I've been to in years. Sat clouds blocked the sun most of the day and the quick shower helped cool things off. There have been years where the tar would sink under your feet it was so hot!

Yes, coolest show in decades! They may have to keep the date as they changed it to a week later this year, and our Belvidere show had the best weather in years also since we had to move it before Carlisle... up
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/18/22 10:57 PM

And Iola WI didn’t conflict with Carlisle this year and upcoming next year also

My first time at Carlisle
© 2024 Moparts Forums