Moparts

Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru

Posted By: 70Duster

Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 05:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QlKH33AyR0

Wouldn't believe it if it wasn't recorded. Ford guy.........
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 06:02 PM

Nothing showing on that link shruggy

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 06:07 PM

Sorry, I'll try to find another link........

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 06:10 PM

Try this...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QlKH33AyR0
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 06:13 PM

The world just becomes dumber and dumber by the day!
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 06:14 PM

They are out there, I see it constantly. What irks me are the people who do through a drivethru and get breakfast or lunch for the entire office. They bring post it notes with each persons order and cash from them. Slows the line down to a crawl... mad
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 07:00 PM

It goes like this .. husband: "I'll just run in and grab it" wife: "I don't want to wait all day, just go through the drivethru, "
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 07:01 PM

I'd like to see the insurance claim !!
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stanton

I've handled claims with that exact scenario. Not cheap at all, especially if the restaurant has high drive-through traffic. The loss of revenue can easily exceed the cost of the repairs to the building if you have to shut down their drive through. I've found that whenever possible, it's cheaper to pay the contractor an off-hours premium to have them do the work on overnights than it is to pay the restaurant owner for lost revenue. It's also much less hassle to calculate. "Oh, it's $x dollars? How much to fix it between 10pm-6am?" vs. rummaging through accounting documents and spreadsheets.
Posted By: wingman

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 07:55 PM

I can see someone making a mistake--even a bone-head one like this. Some of these rigs tow so well sometimes you can almost forget they are back there. A moment's distraction and you are in a tight spot--I can understand

But this is different. This was full-on road-rage crazy Or drunk. That dude knew he was stuck and instead of stopping, taking a deep breath, and backing out the way he came in, he chose to go bat-s*** cray-cray and floor it. Tearing up his own property, as well as other people's.

Some of these nut jobs get behind the wheel and they lose their minds....
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 08:07 PM

he was probably thinking, "I got a diesel, I'll just roll some coal".
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 09:33 PM

Guess he had a case of the munchies..😀
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 09:37 PM

Drunk, drugs, or mentally ill or combination.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 09:54 PM

You can tell how much towing experience he, she, doesn't have tsk
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/11/22 10:12 PM

It could have been a case of the lobby wasn't open and only the drive through was.
Many fast food places have been that way ever sine the start on the "pandemic".
Many just recently reopened their lobbies in the last few months and that was from 2021.
Some still have the lobbies closed with the excuse of "Worker Shortage"
The reality is that they figured out that they could run the place with less people with the lobby closed and make more $$$$$,

Was it stupid of the driver trying to go through the drive through with the trailer, ABSOLUTELY.
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/12/22 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by 67vertman

This, exactly!

Whoever the driver was, gives new meaning to "can't fix stupid".

Mike.
Posted By: forphorty

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/12/22 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Or just a typical Ford owner.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/12/22 02:39 AM

The building or the truck/trailer? How about the DUI arrest that happened soon after this video was over?
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/12/22 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by moparmike1
Originally Posted by 67vertman

This, exactly!

Whoever the driver was, gives new meaning to "can't fix stupid".

Mike.

You know the old saying - you can't fix stupid - well we need to find a cure and fast!
Posted By: moparx

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/12/22 06:11 PM

after seeing this, i can only shake my head and laugh............ laugh2
beer
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/12/22 08:52 PM

We have a train bridge in our area where the road is 9 ft to the beam, drops down under then up the other side. Tandem dump trucks, cement trucks, box cube vans, you name it, have smashed into that bridge. Has Many signs and a hanging chains type affair to hit the truck a out 30 ft before the bridge and they still don’t stop. The other bad part is there’s a creek that goes under the roadway and after a hard rain it could be 3-4 ft deep, cars still TRY to go thru and flood out. Every time the bridge is hit track has to be shut down for inspection and this is the main corridor on the eastern seaboard. This has been going on since cars-trucks were first made in early 1900. Convenient cut thru l, about 9 miles around the other way.
Posted By: A990

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/13/22 12:27 AM

I saw a youtube video of a low bridge that is constantly scalping tall vehicles. Really crazy to see how many don't think the low clearance warning applies to them.
Posted By: carnut68

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/13/22 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by forphorty
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Or just a typical Ford owner.
Good thing he didn't have a real truck [ Dodge with a Cummins ] he would've hurt himself.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/13/22 03:01 AM

Drunk as a skunk.
Posted By: BTBelvedere

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/13/22 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger

I've handled claims with that exact scenario. Not cheap at all, especially if the restaurant has high drive-through traffic. The loss of revenue can easily exceed the cost of the repairs to the building if you have to shut down their drive through. I've found that whenever possible, it's cheaper to pay the contractor an off-hours premium to have them do the work on overnights than it is to pay the restaurant owner for lost revenue. It's also much less hassle to calculate. "Oh, it's $x dollars? How much to fix it between 10pm-6am?" vs. rummaging through accounting documents and spreadsheets.
A lot of years ago, my wife and I came out of our local Cracker Barrel and heard this awful screaching noise. It would stop for a minute, then start up again. She finally spotted the culprit. It was a young woman driving a big u haul truck that had tried to go through the Steak and Shake drive thru a couple of lots over. She had it stuck pretty good. Finally, an older man came and got in the truck and just pulled it on out, tearing down the big red awning in the process. Now the awning is on the ground and the top of the truck is torn up. I wondered at the time, who's insurance is paying for this?.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/13/22 10:21 AM

The insurance company for the renter of the truck would be responsible for the truck damage, and for the building damage. If the renter didn't have enough liability coverage to pay the full damages to the building, the insurer of driver of the truck (if different from the renter of the truck) would also likely kick in. If the driver/renter was the same person, then potentially U-Haul's insurance would end up involved.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/13/22 04:55 PM

I’ve bee RVing for years. It’s amazing how many clueless clowns have bought RVs during and since Covid. Most don’t have a clue on how to drive them off maintain them. You have to start making reservations at least nine months out to get a spot in a camp ground. Most are rude to. They are destroying the RV culture. mad
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Lazy A** Couldn't Park and Walk-Had to Use the Drive Thru - 07/16/22 03:16 PM

iagree My wife and I have a permanent spot in Myrtle Beach Travel Park now, after pulling a 5th wheel for years. The Covid campers provide almost as much entertainment as going to a boat ramp with a chair and a cooler!
© 2024 Moparts Forums