Moparts

My new to me Daytona

Posted By: stumpy

My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 02:32 AM

Just picked this up yesterday. 2006 Charger R/T Datona and I"m impressed. Much more comfortable and quicker then the Grand Cherokee 5.7 I sold to get it.

Attached picture DSCN0173.JPG
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 02:35 AM

Congrats Stumpy! Great color!

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 02:44 AM

foose sportster wheels with 275/40/20 tires. I'm glad it came with new ones cause they aren't cheap.

Attached picture DSCN0176.JPG
Posted By: BloFish

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 03:01 AM

Right on!
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 03:13 AM

thumbs
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 03:41 AM

Very fitting car for you.
Posted By: A12

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 04:25 AM

up boogie up
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 08:27 AM

Congrats!
You'll love it!

The wife (Kayse) loves her 2006 Daytona, it's getting the engine rebuilt right now and it's getting a 6.4 stoker kit installed.
She put 220K on it daily driving it with constant burnouts before one of the valve seats came out which is why the rebuild is happening.
She loves doing burnouts. drive

laugh2
Posted By: Brad_Haak

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 12:38 PM

Very cool! boogie
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 03:51 PM

That's cool! Congrats!
Posted By: massdaytona

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 09:28 PM

1st off congrats.... but a daytona..... not by a long shot

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 09:59 PM

It still is a Daytona as much as the long nosed high tailed one. Just the modern version. I had an original one of those in the late 70's.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/01/22 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
It still is a Daytona as much as the long nosed high tailed one. Just the modern version. I had an original one of those in the late 70's.

Guess that also means my 86 Daytona was as much as Daytona as the wing car.

At least it was a two door with aerodynamics.
Posted By: 340wedge

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/02/22 04:05 AM

Congrats! Nice looking and I like the wheels. I bought mine 14 years ago, had a clear coat failure and just had it painted a month ago. These pics are after I installed the new stripes. The only mods I have are a Hurst shifter (more for looks), Caliper covers, front and rear strut braces and the SRT hood. It's not Hellcat fast but fast enough and is really fun to drive. Good Luck with yours. Make sure you look up the valve drop problem with these. (MDS issue) Basically if you are doing highway speeds let it idle a little bit before you shut it down.

Attached picture image0.jpeg
Attached picture image1.jpeg
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/02/22 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by massdaytona

Putting feathers in your butt does not make you a chicken.

For all the enthusiasts that complained about the LX Charger being a 4 door, I'm surprised to see anyone refer to their Charger as a "Daytona" regardless of what stickers the factory put on them.
Equally blasphemous is the '77 Charger Daytona, a Cordoba with stripes. The only thing worse was the front wheel drive "Chargers" of the 80s.

Attached picture 1 FPP.JPG
Posted By: 340wedge

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/02/22 06:13 AM

I didn't name it a Daytona, Dodge did. Either way I like the car and instead of congratulating a fellow forum member on his purchase you insult him instead, I keep seeing that MOPARTS members are @&$#@& on other forums and perhaps there is some truth to it.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/02/22 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by stumpy
foose sportster wheels with 275/40/20 tires.

That's Hellcat size tires! drive Nice ride! up
Posted By: 68SportFury

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/02/22 12:27 PM

Nice! Congrats!

Back around 2010, I was starting to think it was time for a new(er) car, and I had a couple of LX Daytonas (one Tor-Red, one SubLime) cross my path in only a couple of weeks. I remember thinking, "If a third one shows up, it's a sign."
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/02/22 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by 340wedge
I didn't name it a Daytona, Dodge did. Either way I like the car and instead of congratulating a fellow forum member on his purchase you insult him instead, I keep seeing that MOPARTS members are @&$#@& on other forums and perhaps there is some truth to it.

If you have read anything that the OP has posted in the last 10 years, you'd understand the response.
I actually like the LX Charger but it is as close to a "Daytona" as the Ram truck version they made in the mid 2000s.

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/02/22 05:48 PM

Would you please explain. shruggy
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/02/22 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kern Dog
Originally Posted by massdaytona

Putting feathers in your butt does not make you a chicken.

For all the enthusiasts that complained about the LX Charger being a 4 door, I'm surprised to see anyone refer to their Charger as a "Daytona" regardless of what stickers the factory put on them.
Equally blasphemous is the '77 Charger Daytona, a Cordoba with stripes. The only thing worse was the front wheel drive "Chargers" of the 80s.

Bought an 85 Shelby Charger six months old in 1986, I will put it up against anything stop light to stop light anytime! Took a 70 Charger R/T from a light once and smoked it...LOL I am sure it would have caught and passed me in a 1/2 mile or so, but it was fun while it lasted... boogie
Posted By: moparx

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/03/22 03:07 PM

i bought a 1986 chrysler lazer [daytona] front drive car back in the early to mid 90's for $200.00 because the front end was whacked.
the original intent was to fix it and send it down the road.
however, after it was done, it was such a fun car to drive that i kept it for several years after.
it was surprisingly peppy, even with the standard 2.2 and 5 speed.
it did indeed embarrass some 60's and 70's muscle from the light to about the 330ft mark or so. biggrin
beer
Posted By: LimelightCuda

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/10/22 01:40 PM

Very nice car! I really like it! I would have bought one of those as I recently needed a vehicle but I really needed a truck so I bought a '12 Ram.
Posted By: wkroncke17

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/10/22 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by 340wedge

Not all Moparts members are @$$h0ies…..There’s one in every crowd.
You guys have cool DAYTONAS.
Let’s just hope guys like that don’t California our country.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/10/22 05:17 PM

Congrats!Nice car with some performance.

Re: My new to me Daytona - 07/10/22 09:17 PM

Thanks guys. I am really enjoying it. boogie
© 2024 Moparts Forums