Moparts

Another American legend passes

Posted By: Bennoel 10

Another American legend passes - 06/30/22 12:29 PM

Rip Sonny Barger

Attached picture Screensho_2.jpg
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Another American legend passes - 06/30/22 01:51 PM

Lets all shed a tear for a murdering, drug dealing, raping, bucket of sheit .
No thanks !

Gus
Posted By: Bob Stinson

Re: Another American legend passes - 06/30/22 01:52 PM

Let's try this guy instead

Medal of Honor recipient Hershel ‘Woody’ Williams, 98, passes away

https://www.wsaz.com/2022/06/29/medal-honor-recipient-hershel-woody-williams-98-passes-away/
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Another American legend passes - 06/30/22 02:08 PM

Sonny Barger was a stinking bucket of septic tank slop.
Posted By: Red383

Re: Another American legend passes - 06/30/22 02:33 PM

I'm with Bob on this, Woody was a true American Hero.

Originally Posted by Bob Stinson

https://www.wsaz.com/2022/06/29/medal-honor-recipient-hershel-woody-williams-98-passes-away/

Posted By: Sniper

Re: Another American legend passes - 06/30/22 02:57 PM

Why do Canadians try to tell us who are heroes should be?
Posted By: topside

Re: Another American legend passes - 06/30/22 03:26 PM

Find Hunter S. Thompson's book on the Hell's Angels - written decades ago - and it paints an unflattering picture of all that.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Another American legend passes - 06/30/22 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by topside
Find Hunter S. Thompson's book on the Hell's Angels - written decades ago - and it paints an unflattering picture of all that.

I read that book in HS.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Another American legend passes - 06/30/22 04:57 PM

Aw Hell, he’s not an Angel
Posted By: TJP

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/01/22 01:51 AM

up bow angel
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/01/22 03:04 AM

Rest in Hell Sonny.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/01/22 03:05 AM

I hate bikers…. I ride, but I hate “bikers”.
Posted By: HoosierTA

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/04/22 05:08 AM

That is sad. A local young lady was like a granddaughter to him. Posted a picture of a gathering of family, and there he was in the group. I am sure she is feeling it.

What a warrior.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/04/22 12:33 PM

Sonny Barger was no hero!

Woody Williams, on the other hand was a true American hero, he was the last surviving WWII Medal Of Honor recipient. RIP sir!
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/04/22 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61
Sonny Barger was no hero!

Woody Williams, on the other hand was a true American hero, he was the last surviving WWII Medal Of Honor recipient. RIP sir!

So True, but yet So Sad to hear about him.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/04/22 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper

The original poster didn't say that he was a hero, he said he was a legend which good or bad he probably fits that description.

Obviously the guy was no hero, but more people knew who he was by his actions than just someone normal like you or me.

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/04/22 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ

The original poster didn't say that he was a hero, he said he was a legend which good or bad he probably fits that description.

Obviously the guy was no hero, but more people knew who he was by his actions than just someone normal like you or me.

Still a bottom feeder.

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/05/22 02:49 AM

Still a bottom feeder.

Agreed wink so was Manson and many others, and I would not consider any of them legends twocents

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/05/22 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by TJP

Still a bottom feeder.

Agreed wink so was Manson and many others, and I would not consider any of them legends twocents

Being a legend is going to be different from every persons perspective.
Good or bad those people will always be brought up as part of history of this country for the last century.
There are many documentaries on those people, obviously someone finds their story interesting.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/05/22 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by J_BODY
I hate bikers…. I ride, but I hate “bikers”.

LOL, you know buying a Harley instantly makes you an outlaw badazz.

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/05/22 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

Very true! Back when the harley explosion started I saw people I've known all my life buy one. From normal to bada$$ overnight. After they buy the bike, they have to buy the costume that goes with it too.

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/05/22 02:52 PM

Very true! Back when the harley explosion started I saw people I've known all my life buy one. From normal to bada$$ overnight. After they buy the bike, they have to buy the costume that goes with it too.

LOL, yep! ALL the leather, grow a goatee, get the "live to ride" license plates and decals for the daily driver.
I just wish they'd figure out a way to fix the throttle cables on those things. They must stick and bind up if you don't constantly rev them up?
Posted By: steve70

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/05/22 03:23 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipDmsxQVxIM&ab_channel=JonDoe

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/06/22 01:45 PM

LOL, yep! ALL the leather, grow a goatee, get the "live to ride" license plates and decals for the daily driver.
I just wish they'd figure out a way to fix the throttle cables on those things. They must stick and bind up if you don't constantly rev them up?

I never considered a sticky throttle cable, always thought that harley carbs didn't have an idle circuit.

I live in a rural area, but the road in front of my house is one of the main roads in the county. There is an intersection just over 1/8 mile from me, it a shortcut to another main road. Almost every harley rider that comes by that's going to turn pulls the clutch and starts jacking the throttle off at about my house. The guys that have to stop at the intersection coming out on my road do the same thing, then come out wide open running through the gears. The appear to be going about 50 or so when they come by. laugh2

It must be a harley thing, because the guys riding crotch rockets don't do it.

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/06/22 02:29 PM

I never considered a sticky throttle cable, always thought that harley carbs didn't have an idle circuit.

I live in a rural area, but the road in front of my house is one of the main roads in the county. There is an intersection just over 1/8 mile from me, it a shortcut to another main road. Almost every harley rider that comes by that's going to turn pulls the clutch and starts jacking the throttle off at about my house. The guys that have to stop at the intersection coming out on my road do the same thing, then come out wide open running through the gears. The appear to be going about 50 or so when they come by. laugh2

No idle circuit laugh2 Could be!

Always think of that saying....Harley Davidson. The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower.

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/06/22 04:21 PM

No But they blow by on I680 at WOT at God only know what speed and I have to admit I always listen for an abrupt change to the the sound. I refer to them "STATISTICS". I do have to admit to being both a harley and crotch rocket rider years ago and was guilty of both offenses whistling beer
Also wanted to mention one of my relatives was a friend of an idiot that was chased from Iowa to his house in Omaha at speeds exceeding 185 MPH on a Suzuki Hyabusa realcrazy
IDIOT LINKY

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/06/22 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by TJP

No But they blow by on I680 at WOT at God only know what speed and I have to admit I always listen for an abrupt change to the the sound. I refer to them "STATISTICS". I do have to admit to being both a harley and crotch rocket rider years ago and was guilty of both offenses whistling beer
Also wanted to mention one of my relatives was a friend of an idiot that was chased from Iowa to his house in Omaha at speeds exceeding 185 MPH on a Suzuki Hyabusa realcrazy
IDIOT LINKY

Only because their bikes won't run that fast. whistling biggrin

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/06/22 07:26 PM

Always think of that saying....Harley Davidson. The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower.

That's great, I don't think that I've ever heard that line before. up

For 40 years we've been saying "Harley's! They may not be fast, but they sure are slow." laugh2

Re: Another American legend passes - 07/07/22 01:01 AM

one that used to be popular for Harleys was, "Good to the last drip" laugh2
© 2024 Moparts Forums