Moparts

Poor Convertibles....

Posted By: Jer

Poor Convertibles.... - 06/16/22 04:57 AM

After sitting for a decade, the Challenger is being pulled out and cleaned up a bit at the owner's home. Originally a six, someone put in a 340 and 4 speed. It was rough when it was stashed here, and certainly hasn't gotten better. I guess the idea is...Carlisle. I'm sure it was a nice car at one time, and might be again with the help of every page of the E-body section of the AMD catalog.

The Mustang was owned by a friend, and was also very nice when he parked it next to his '71 Mach 1. When he passed the cars just sat by the barn, in the grass, uncovered for years. Not for sale, to anyone. Both have been reduced to scrap. This one ended up here for parts. The Mach 1 is worse, and still not for sale.

Attached picture Transformed_IMG_7504.JPG
Attached picture Transformed_IMG_7518.JPG
Attached picture Transformed_MustangCvt11.jpg
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Poor Convertibles.... - 06/16/22 02:58 PM

ashes to ashes, dust to dust . Amen
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Poor Convertibles.... - 06/16/22 03:56 PM

ashes to ashes, rust to rust . Amen. fixed it. grin
Posted By: wingman

Re: Poor Convertibles.... - 06/16/22 04:46 PM

True, many save-able cars have been lost over the years to the "I'm going to fix it up someday" crowd.
Let's face it--the old-car hobby attracts more than its fair share of hoarder-type personalities.
Car guys know the worst thing you can do is have these things sit--especially out in the elements. But some guys would rather leave it sit and rot that sell it. To each his own.

It's their car to do with as they please--at least until they pass away. Eventually we all gotta go sometime, and we will either leave our heirs with something useful and valuable, or with a rotting hulk they need to have hauled off to the junkyard. Either way you can't take it with you.
Posted By: SALEM1912

Re: Poor Convertibles.... - 06/18/22 01:48 AM

Sitting since '78 10 years ago I knock on door, said he was retiring soon and going to work on it. Still sitting got to be shot. '71 340

Attached picture 71cuda.JPG
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Poor Convertibles.... - 06/18/22 02:03 AM

whistling

Attached picture 71cuda.JPG
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Poor Convertibles.... - 06/18/22 03:20 AM

I bought mine sitting half in and half out of a barn in Indiana in 1995, at least it has been indoors in several storage places since then. I will get to it before I die, I swear! runaway

Attached picture 69 GTS convertible.jpg
Posted By: Prodart440

Re: Poor Convertibles.... - 06/20/22 03:35 PM

Mine came out of a river bed in Phoenix in the early 80's. Running and driving, still needing some body panels.

Attached picture Dart with wheel covers 2.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums