Moparts

Not many Mopars around here

Posted By: DrCharles

Not many Mopars around here - 05/24/22 04:22 AM

Went to Southern Cruisers' 15th annual cruise-in at the DQ in Cabool, Mo. this weekend. This part of Missouri is definitely Ford & Chevy country but there were four out of 40 or so (including my '72 big block Dart). I think the pickups were both '55 and the Coronet wagon a '56.

Attached picture IMG_20220522_150946.jpg
Attached picture IMG_20220522_145742a.jpg
Posted By: Garry Owen

Re: Not many Mopars around here - 05/24/22 11:36 AM

Too bad both trucks have Chevy hearts. I would have went but I have a spot on the door that needs fixed and I’m slow when it comes to paint/body work.
Posted By: Soopernaut

Re: Not many Mopars around here - 05/24/22 01:23 PM

I drove through Cabool years ago and saw a B-body (maybe a 69 Satellite- I don't remember exactly) behind a building right off the highway. You could not see it from the highway. It had one tire off and a jack under it. It could have possibly been sitting that way for a long time, that's kind of the impression I got.

There are also quite a few just south of town at John's Auto Salvage.
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: Not many Mopars around here - 05/24/22 10:52 PM

Think the wagon is 55.
Posted By: topside

Re: Not many Mopars around here - 05/25/22 12:35 AM

^^^ Agree on the wagon. Seems odd that both trucks have Chevy/GMC rear fenders.
At the big car show (700 vehicles) up here last weekend, I saw 4 '30s Dodge trucks - I've only seen one at previous shows.
Custom, rat-rod, and restored: something for everyone.
Guess they're gaining popularity !
Posted By: Garry Owen

Re: Not many Mopars around here - 05/25/22 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by topside
^^^ Agree on the wagon. Seems odd that both trucks have Chevy/GMC rear fenders.
At the big car show (700 vehicles) up here last weekend, I saw 4 '30s Dodge trucks - I've only seen one at previous shows.
Custom, rat-rod, and restored: something for everyone.
Guess they're gaining popularity !

I know both the owners of the trucks. The owner of the blue built the red and sold it. If I remember correctly the are both on s10 frames with Chevy drivetrains.
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: Not many Mopars around here - 05/26/22 04:36 AM

Well, that's more useful for actually driving, but disappointing at the same time that only the body is a Dodge whistle

There was also a 50's Chevy pickup (with the original 235 ci, 105 hp six!) that had been converted to dually. It looked really well done, but could not have been very fast.
© 2024 Moparts Forums