Moparts

Don't Take Your Guns to Town

Posted By: FM3AAR

Don't Take Your Guns to Town - 05/15/22 08:12 PM

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2022/may/15/kingsland-water-tower-shot-silhouette-of-johnny/

Upon arriving at the Kingsland municipal building early Tuesday, the city's water office manager Betty Graham discovered that a hole had been shot through the adjacently located water tower tank. But it does not appear to be a random shot as the precise location of the bullet hole makes it appear that the image of the Man in Black is relieving himself.

Attached picture jc.jpg
Posted By: shanker

Re: Don't Take Your Guns to Town - 05/15/22 08:30 PM

That is going to cost the tax paying citizens of that community a BUNCH of money to fix...

not going to lie though, I chuckled.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Don't Take Your Guns to Town - 05/15/22 09:49 PM

Yeah, she climbed up there and investigated. I wouldn't be surprised of some kids with a cordless drill made a strategic hole.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Don't Take Your Guns to Town - 05/15/22 11:15 PM

Can't be the only guy that thought of this.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Don't Take Your Guns to Town - 05/16/22 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by shanker
That is going to cost the tax paying citizens of that community a BUNCH of money to fix...

not going to lie though, I chuckled.

IDK, I imagine you could drill and tap for a pipe plug. The metal is probably plenty thick and the diameter can't be that large.
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Don't Take Your Guns to Town - 05/16/22 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper
Yeah, she climbed up there and investigated. I wouldn't be surprised of some kids with a cordless drill made a strategic hole.

I would agree to that. That isn't a small hole judging from the amount of water spewing out and that metal isn't thin enough for most guns to penetrate. If you have one that can, then shooting it from the ground will still result in a small dent and a ricochet bullet.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Don't Take Your Guns to Town - 05/16/22 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by IMGTX
Originally Posted by Sniper

I would agree to that. That isn't a small hole judging from the amount of water spewing out and that metal isn't thin enough for most guns to penetrate. If you have one that can, then shooting it from the ground will still result in a small dent and a ricochet bullet.
iagree up You are correct bow
Unless it is a 50 Caliper military round or .338 Lapua (SP?) with armor piercing rounds scope Depending on the metal thickness and material used in the building of the tank work
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Don't Take Your Guns to Town - 05/16/22 12:15 PM

I'm not buying it was shot either. The shot would have to be almost square on to penetrate the steel with any normal bullet. An armor piercing round may be a different story, but it looks like a big stream Johnny is pi$$ing out though.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Don't Take Your Guns to Town - 05/16/22 09:51 PM

If this was in the unmoderated area I would say a few things I can't say here, but yes, I doubt it was shot...
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Don't Take Your Guns to Town - 05/16/22 10:21 PM

"...and I shot a man in Kingsland...just to watch him pee."
© 2024 Moparts Forums