Moparts

1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible Barn Find

Posted By: Adm413

1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible Barn Find - 05/10/22 12:20 AM

This popped up on a couple places on facebook today and if it is legit would be an absolute amazing find! Lets hope some more info starts to come out about it. I can't imagine opening the garage door to find this. If anyone knows who found it or is taking it home, please fill us in on some more details. Holy grail car gets thrown around often but a black hemi, 4 speed cuda convertible is at the top of a lot of peoples list including mine. WOW!

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=516801696596787&set=pcb.1449508685502778

Attached picture 4DA75693-B6CF-4077-98A3-2AB9338F3C92.jpeg
Attached picture F658739F-0375-4D2E-B37F-6897C251641D.jpeg
Attached picture E30662F5-EA8D-42A9-88C5-9CD14F7D5EC8.jpeg
Attached picture 06C0AB1C-E490-43FE-8948-84AD686B6D56.jpeg
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible Barn Find - 05/10/22 01:03 AM

Old news, it was mentioned online at least as far back as 2020.

That name is well known as a 'left-click, save as' type that saves other peoples photos and posts them on his own.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible Barn Find - 05/12/22 03:53 AM

I thought the only missing one was the F8 press car that was in Michigan - near Ron Adair's town. Last I heard it headed to southern Michigan with the wife in the divorce back in the mid-later 70's. THIS car looks like the one the attorney in Phoenix bought back in the mid-80's. Joe Savino was going to restore it back then, but then I lost track of Joe & the attorney's cars. He had a bunch of rare stuff.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible Barn Find - 05/12/22 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
I thought the only missing one was the F8 press car that was in Michigan - near Ron Adair's town. Last I heard it headed to southern Michigan with the wife in the divorce back in the mid-later 70's. THIS car looks like the one the attorney in Phoenix bought back in the mid-80's. Joe Savino was going to restore it back then, but then I lost track of Joe & the attorney's cars. He had a bunch of rare stuff.

Was that attorney, Pat McGruder
Posted By: mattsmopars

Re: 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible Barn Find - 05/12/22 03:38 PM

From my understanding this was or is a known car that was counted in the known number of 70 hemi cuda convertibles. It was out of Texas, and with a very long-time owner possibly even the original owner. I had read on one page the long-time owner had finally sold due to health issues. I also read that the car will be at the MCACN this year.
Matt
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible Barn Find - 05/13/22 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by autoxcuda

I don't know - I never met him & never got his name. Do you know him or know of him? Some of the really rare stuff he had that I personally saw: 62 Catalina 421 Super Duty swiss cheese car (Red), a really low mileage - like around 12,000 miles - 1970 Chevelle LS6 Convert, he had a Lemon Twist 70 Hemicuda convert that Joe Savino painted, he had a 65 Chevelle Z11 396 car, a black 1970 Hemicuda convert that was not one of Blake's cars. Those are the ones I can remember. I saw all of them.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 1970 Hemi Cuda Convertible Barn Find - 05/13/22 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by autoxcuda

I don't know - I never met him & never got his name. Do you know him or know of him? Some of the really rare stuff he had that I personally saw: 62 Catalina 421 Super Duty swiss cheese car (Red), a really low mileage - like around 12,000 miles - 1970 Chevelle LS6 Convert, he had a Lemon Twist 70 Hemicuda convert that Joe Savino painted, he had a 65 Chevelle Z11 396 car, a black 1970 Hemicuda convert that was not one of Blake's cars. Those are the ones I can remember. I saw all of them.

Sounds like it. But Arizona has had quite a few car collections over the years.

There was a magazine article or website about a museum he was putting together. Never happened and then sold off stuff.

He had restored the 68 Hemi Super Stock “mule” car

He also bought that #6 race Daytona unrestored show car from Owens’ son for $750K iirc. I remarried the online for sale ad and the banter back and forth.
© 2024 Moparts Forums