Moparts

A fool and his money.....

Posted By: 67vertman

A fool and his money..... - 04/29/22 05:48 PM

.....is soon parted!

Don’t let this happen to you…
An unnamed 59-year-old man in Rowan County, North Carolina recently came across his dream car, a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner, on the ListedBuy website. He liked the price and the muscle car looked good, so he arranged for a wire transfer of $23,400 to be sent to a bank in Florida. The agreement was that the North Carolina man would receive the Plymouth within 9 days of the receipt of those funds, but it never showed up.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/buy...mp;cvid=e3fed8a5303c4b31b969d6cceee6184a

I hope this wasn't one of our members! LOL!
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: A fool and his money..... - 04/29/22 06:00 PM

I’m sure he’ll get it, it takes a while for the seller, who works on an oil rig offshore of Nigeria, to get the shipping set up from so far away! laugh2
Sorry for the guys loss, but these car selling scams have been around for decades and one would have to been in a coma for years not to know about them.
In the meantime, I have to run to Walmart to get some gift cards to bail a grandchild I didn’t even know I had out of jail! runaway
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: A fool and his money..... - 04/29/22 06:57 PM

From the article "This is an advantage of purchasing a collectable car like a Road Runner from a reputable dealer, even if you do everything online."

Isn't it technically an oxymoron to use "reputable" and "dealer" together like that?
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: A fool and his money..... - 04/29/22 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by oldjonny
From the article "This is an advantage of purchasing a collectable car like a Road Runner from a reputable dealer, even if you do everything online."

Isn't it technically an oxymoron to use "reputable" and "dealer" together like that?

Correct "reputable" and "dealer" are an oxymoron for the majority of them!
Posted By: A12

Re: A fool and his money..... - 04/29/22 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by oldjonny

That "news story" was probably made up by some "reputable dealer" like the one that was caught for identity theft not too long ago to scare potential buyers to them. rolleyes
© 2024 Moparts Forums