Moparts

Uconnect in Durango question

Posted By: MI_Custumz

Uconnect in Durango question - 04/05/22 02:19 PM

How do I keep the phone from auto connecting to the bluetooth Uconnect in a 2014 Durango? I have an iPhone if that matters. I know I can manually disconnect it in the phone settings, but I would rather manually connect instead of auto connect. I listen to podcasts once in a while when driving and like to play it through the speakers, but not a fan of the calls and texts going through the speakers.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Uconnect in Durango question - 04/05/22 02:26 PM

I think the easiest thing is to just keep the phone bluetooth turned off if you don't want to use it? shruggy
Posted By: wingman

Re: Uconnect in Durango question - 04/05/22 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by 3hundred
I think the easiest thing is to just keep the phone bluetooth turned off if you don't want to use it? shruggy

Yep this is what I do.

Re: Uconnect in Durango question - 04/06/22 10:17 AM

I use the bluetooth for my watch, so turning it off and back on when I use the Durango would be a pain. Just like disconnecting the radio from the phone each time. Was hoping there was a setting or something to use. Thanks for the tip though.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Uconnect in Durango question - 04/06/22 10:32 AM

Unpair the Durango and use a cord to listen to your podcasts. Otherwise, it appears it is not doable

Re: Uconnect in Durango question - 04/06/22 01:06 PM

I'd forgotten, he's an apple guy. Apple deleted the 3.5mm audio plug (2016?) long ago, I don't think the USB port will recognize the phone as a media player. The 2017 and later _might_ recognize it? Or it may just go full CarPlay boogie? shruggy

What you can try, go into phone settings, (don't have the D here, but from foggy memory), delete the phone but keep the paired audio device. I really don't know if that will work, never tried it.
Posted By: wingman

Re: Uconnect in Durango question - 04/06/22 01:27 PM

I'd forgotten, he's an apple guy. Apple deleted the 3.5mm audio plug (2016?) long ago, I don't think the USB port will recognize the phone as a media player. The 2017 and later _might_ recognize it? Or it may just go full CarPlay boogie? shruggy

What you can try, go into phone settings, (don't have the D here, but from foggy memory), delete the phone but keep the paired audio device. I really don't know if that will work, never tried it.

I have an apple and I simply ordered an adapter (dongle?) for a few bucks and leave it attached to the end of the aux cord.

I listen to my podcasts every day that way and to me its easier than messing with the bluetooth.

Attached picture 31mmFtpMqOL._AC_SY741_.jpg
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Uconnect in Durango question - 04/06/22 01:38 PM

It works just the same as before, no change in functionality just the change in the plug style.

Re: Uconnect in Durango question - 04/06/22 02:00 PM

Thank you, I'll show it to the wife when she gets home, I recall her carping about not being able to use her ear buds when she got the newer phone.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Uconnect in Durango question - 04/06/22 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish

It works just the same as before, no change in functionality just the change in the plug style.

You are functionally unable to use a normal head phone set with it. You need the extra cost adapter mentioned, I have one.

That adapter will not let you use a headphone/mic combo with a 3.5mm plug either. At least the one I have won't. You can listen, but no one can heard you speak. But since only my work phone is an Apple I don't care, I expensed out a new Apple specific set, if I had to buy one for myself I would be PO'd.

Re: Uconnect in Durango question - 04/08/22 02:36 PM

I was wrong, the option is disconnect, not delete. You'll have to repeat it every start up. No way I know of to keep it from connecting as a phone as long as bluetooth is turned on, sorry.

Re: Uconnect in Durango question - 04/08/22 03:41 PM

I have the dongle and aux cord in the console just in case. I will just plug it in and listen to the podcast each time. Technology, gotta love it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums