Moparts

Texas tornado hit!!

Posted By: Wagonmaster

Texas tornado hit!! - 03/22/22 01:53 PM

Posted By: bigdad

Re: Texas tornado hit!! - 03/22/22 02:37 PM

rough day in Texas , always feared those ..
Posted By: TJP

Re: Texas tornado hit!! - 03/22/22 04:18 PM

great commercial for Chevrolet WOW eek beer
Posted By: wingman

Re: Texas tornado hit!! - 03/22/22 04:21 PM

WOW
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Texas tornado hit!! - 03/22/22 05:16 PM

Saw one from a few weeks ago where a chaser was filming and pulls over. A truck towing a trailer honks at them and passes. The chaser tries to honk, get them to stop. They got whipped around by the wind, flipping the vehicle and trailer.

Crazy stuff

I always wonder about the awareness of people to their surroundings.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Texas tornado hit!! - 03/22/22 11:48 PM

A few years ago we were driving someplace on an Interstate highway, over my wife's phone we heard a weather alert about a tornado in the area. The warning was telling what counties the tornado was passing through. Since we had no idea what county we were passing through, or what county was ahead, behind, or to either side of us, that warning was pretty useless. We pretty much just pulled over and waited, and hoped we would be OK. We got caught up in some pretty heavy wind and hard rain. One has to wonder if we would have been better off to just keep moving at 75 mph, or if we were better off stopping.

About the middle of last year we were also driving on the interstate highway and heard the weather alert on my wife's phone telling about a tornado in the area, that warning told us what mile marker the tornado was expected to cross the interstate, finding a mile marker is a lot easier then finding out what county you are in. That is useful information. That tornado passed about 3 miles behind us, so we kept going.

Both warnings were in different states, I can only hope the last warning is the new standard for storm warnings for all states. I know what 10 counties are near me, but you get me 50 miles south and I have little idea what counties may be close by. Cities, towns, and mile markers are better information concerning storm warnings when you are traveling.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Texas tornado hit!! - 03/23/22 12:18 AM

Wouldn't it be a pisser if this was proven to be a CGI? laugh2
Posted By: topside

Re: Texas tornado hit!! - 03/23/22 01:01 AM

On the way home to change underwear, that driver needs to buy a lottery ticket.

By the same token, that may be his/her lifetime supply of Luck.
Posted By: A12

Re: Texas tornado hit!! - 03/23/22 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by TJP
great commercial for Chevrolet WOW eek beer

Especially if Walter was in the truck shock grin
Posted By: topside

Re: Texas tornado hit!! - 03/23/22 03:50 AM

I love the cat commercials !
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Texas tornado hit!! - 03/23/22 06:29 AM

The aftermath, just about what I expected to see. I was impressed he didn't try to get out, I'm such a nut I'd probably have wanted to get out and inspect the damage and been blown away. realcrazy

Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Texas tornado hit!! - 03/25/22 11:39 AM

Riley Leon, 16, who was driving his 2004 red Chevrolet Silverado truck when a tornado flipped it over and spun it around in Elgin on Monday, is getting a 2022 Silverado from Bruce Lowrie Chevrolet (founded in Fort Worth, 1922) on Saturday.

How awesome is that?

[https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/article259757980.html]new truck article linky[/url]
© 2024 Moparts Forums