68 wRECK rUNNER

Posted By: bigdad

68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/24/22 03:55 PM

Posted By: 19swinger70

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/24/22 04:16 PM

I like Steve - he is a wildman!
Posted By: racerx20

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/24/22 04:23 PM

Not one piece of interior and most glass missing..."it's not a restoration..." grin Love Dulcich!
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/24/22 04:40 PM

My god! What happened with his teeth? Did he have them whitened or are those really poorly fitting dentures? He looks like a Parrotfish.
Posted By: VS29H0B

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/24/22 05:10 PM

I hope the YouTube channel does well for Steve. I also would like to see a YouTube Steve feature on that white 1970 Crop Duster big block that Steve built including the body and paint work.
Posted By: Neil

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/24/22 05:36 PM

Needs more interior, but I'd drive it like that. Bet it's noisy as heck in person!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/24/22 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by VS29H0B
I hope the YouTube channel does well for Steve. I also would like to see a YouTube Steve feature on that white 1970 Crop Duster big block that Steve built including the body and paint work.

I believe that is actually Freiburger's car. They have several episodes about it on Roadkill Garage but some people think the $60 a year price is insane and don't subscribe. It's well worth the price to me.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/24/22 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by lilcuda

My god! What happened with his teeth? Did he have them whitened or are those really poorly fitting dentures? He looks like a Parrotfish.

Agree, the fake teeth are really distracting, but eventually I got used to them.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/24/22 10:38 PM

"Do we have any mechanics around? I can't open the f&%*kin hood!" laugh2 I love ya Steve LOL! Good luck with your channel. up
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/25/22 01:23 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. I had just watched an old episode of RK Garage, then flipped over to a new episode of Engine Masters, and I was like eek [censored]? They just plain don't look right and I'm not talkin' the whiteness. You gotta wonder how bad his originals were if these are an improvement. shake_head

twocents
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/25/22 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish

I believe that is actually Freiburger's car. They have several episodes about it on Roadkill Garage but some people think the $60 a year price is insane and don't subscribe. It's well worth the price to me.

Yup, that’s me. I won’t pay more than the $2 monthly subscription for 6 months and then cancel. Why? Because Motortrend changed the show line up for all the ones I like and they don’t air for 1/2 a year. I save all my nickels, been a fan since episode 5. That beeper donor car sat in a friends back yard for soo many years and was worth every penny payed for, even with a bent axle. Hopefully I’ll have my own ‘roadkill’ car someday. Still, they are more entertains than most on the Internet shows.
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/25/22 02:56 PM

I agree about the teeth.. it also looks like his cheeks are pushed out. Did the dentist mess up his jaw or was this filmed right after the teeth upgrade? Otherwise I do like watching his and Freiberger's shows, very knowledgeable and bare bones. They keep the cars as they should be.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 02/26/22 02:40 PM

Is it just me or do any of the cars they use(or have) for the TV shows have interiors? Re bodied, rusted roof, trashed 1/4 panel and i really like the zip tied MSD box. I think they should put on one of those disclaimers about "don't do this at home" on all the road kill shows. Watched the "C body road runner"(hit a telephone pole) episode last night and couldn't believe they drove it on the street (with other traffic). realcrazy shake_head
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 03/02/22 03:35 PM

He had veneers put on.
Posted By: wingman

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 03/02/22 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX

He had veneers put on.

grin That's the human equivalent of putting new show-quality chrome bumpers on say, that car. They REALLY "pop".
Posted By: Neil

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/02/22 04:16 PM

New Road Runner test drive video.

https://youtu.be/S9XK9-C2ih0
Posted By: basketcase

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/02/22 06:12 PM

Love it! I traded a buddy an engine for this '69. The only good body was the new 1/4 skins. The interior was junk, rest of the sheet metal was junk. Lot of missing stuff. I had a good 440 4 speed to put in it. Did 5 years of horse trading and deal making. Did 98% of the work myself. Had more fun with that car than any other in years. I drove it to The Nats, had restored the dash, had found a deal on a set of recovered '70 High Backs, but no carpet, headliner, door panels, was noisy, but it was a blast. Lost it in a garage fire.

Attached picture Free bird.jpg
Attached picture Freebird a.jpg

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/03/22 04:48 PM

Steve's narration is superb - the dead panning and his non emotional descriptions are just so funny --- He should have his own show on MotorTrend ... his observations about the car and the road ("I don't know who would put those two black stripes on this road"...) are icing on the cake ....

I want that Crop Duster !
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/03/22 05:29 PM

You think so?
I like the guy but in my opinion, his solo videos come across as awkward. He comes across better when he interacts with someone else.

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/03/22 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kern Dog
You think so?
I like the guy but in my opinion, his solo videos come across as awkward. He comes across better when he interacts with someone else.

Agreed. Steve is a very smart guy, but socially awkward. I've always wondered, if his hands were tied to his sides, would he be able to talk?

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/03/22 06:56 PM

This test drive video shows a progression and improvement in terms of Steve's on camera performance. I would tend to agree that his earlier solo videos were awkward but I see significant improvement at least on this test drive video - seems more relaxed.
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/03/22 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish

we watch all the car shows on tv. the MTHD channel has all the decent shows (and some sh1tty ones as well) included in our basic package. these shows aren't meant for a phone. you have to watch on a full size screen to get the full effect.
Posted By: A12

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/04/22 08:42 AM

What I like most about this '68 wRECK rUNNER is that it's a 383. The 383, to me at least, is a really great engine. I don't know what it is about the 383 but it just seems better to me than a 440 in a '68 or '69 Road Runner. And yes I know the 440 was not available in the '68 Road Runner but the Hemi was and back in the day I had the use of my friend's '68 Hemi Road Runner (727) and yeah it was a monster but I still liked my 383 Road Runner 3.91 rear, 727 better I had at the same time. 440 guys don't take this wrong but I don't know why the 440 engine feels "truck-ish" compared to the 383??? Not picking on anyone with a 440 and the funny part of this is I currently own three Mopars and they all have 440's in them blush laugh2 ('69 440 GTX, 4-Speed, '69 440 M-Code Dart GTS and a '69 440 A12 Road Runner 6BBL LOH, go figure blush wink ) And still love the 383 for some strange reason shruggy wink

Mike
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/09/22 02:15 PM

If you look real close during the part where they show the engine, it's an RB block of some configuration. When he rolled out of the shop at first and the way it sounded, my first thought was "383's butt!" LOL

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/10/22 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by JDMopar
If you look real close during the part where they show the engine, it's an RB block of some configuration. When he rolled out of the shop at first and the way it sounded, my first thought was "383's butt!" LOL

Doesn't have the RB "pad", and looks like a 383 block to me.

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/10/22 01:50 PM

You gotta look quick, but I saw the pad for probably a 440 block.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/10/22 03:16 PM

I can relate with my Roached Runner. Not a good piece on or in the car, but with the built 383, 2 stage 125/250 NOS plate, headers, MSD, built trans with shift kit, 3800 10" converter, 4:88 gears with a spool, widen steelies and 275 Drag Radials it breaks alot of hearts. It's fun taking just about anything I roll up next to from light to light action....

Attached picture 20210530_123448.jpg
Attached picture 20221009_171510.jpg

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/10/22 05:39 PM

You gotta look quick, but I saw the pad for probably a 440 block.

In the first video when he finally figures out how to open the hood he states at 3:56 "there it is a 383" then at 4:21 he goes into the details of the "383 cubic inches"

It's a 383 unless he's lying but I don't think he is that type of a guy, he's genuinely a good guy..............with a 383 grin

Mike
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/10/22 07:14 PM

Nope, no pad. If you look closely, you can see the ribs from the pan rail. What kinda looks like a pad for a brief sec is actually a plug wire holder.

twocents

Attached picture nope.JPG
Posted By: GY3

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/10/22 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
I can relate with my Roached Runner. Not a good piece on or in the car, but with the built 383, 2 stage 125/250 NOS plate, headers, MSD, built trans with shift kit, 3800 10" converter, 4:88 gears with a spool, widen steelies and 275 Drag Radials it breaks alot of hearts. It's fun taking just about anything I roll up next to from light to light action....

Love it! My '63 330 is the same way. I started with a barnyard slant 6 car and patched it together from 7 different cars mixed and matched. It took me over 10 years of scrounging to get it put together but did most all of the work myself including the engine and transmission. 505" stroker with 250 shot.

Hurts the feelers of guys with Porsches, new Z06 Corvettes and even a sport bike or two! Can park it anywhere and walk away.

Attached picture mad pits.jpg

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/10/22 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

Nope, no pad. If you look closely, you can see the ribs from the pan rail. What kinda looks like a pad for a brief sec is actually a plug wire holder.

twocents

You're right! I caught a brief glimpse of the spark plug wire holder. scope Now....I'm going with, it's a 500 inch low deck motor...lol laugh2

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/10/22 08:59 PM

twocents

Don't see a pad either in this shot scope

Attached picture 383 or 440 A.jpg

Re: 68 wRECK rUNNER - 10/10/22 09:00 PM

twocents

You're right! I caught a brief glimpse of the spark plug wire holder. scope Now....I'm going with, it's a 500 inch low deck motor...lol laugh2

laugh2 laugh2
© 2024 Moparts Forums