Moparts

G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL.

Posted By: fastmark

G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/17/22 11:47 AM

Does any body know these guys? Seem like there is someone on the board that is from Orange Park. It may be the same person. Not anything bad, I’d just like to know if anyone on this board is this with this group.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/17/22 01:31 PM

If memory serves that is a place that used to advertise a lot of sketchy cars and maybe parts too. But I haven’t seen or heard much about them recently.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/17/22 02:07 PM

High priced parts...never dealt with them
Posted By: FC7cuda

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/17/22 02:33 PM

On Ebay too.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/17/22 04:15 PM

Twice I was screwed.
Once said was a misunderstanding.
Second time rust free must meen they did not charge me for rust.
Outright lied. Dana said his dad says what you get with old parts. I said you said mint lime new and I paid premium price based on that.
No 3rd try from me.
I would deal with the wicked witch at Jim's Auto before buying from G&D.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/17/22 04:46 PM

Look up G & D Musclecars on moparts search,

Bad history

They use different names on web boards and eBay because of their bad reputation.

There was a woman selling on FABO under another name until members exposed them.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/17/22 05:51 PM

Well. Thanks for the heads up. They are selling all kinds of stuff on eBay that is twice what they should be asking. That’s a good clue. I’ll do my “ run, Forrest, run” imitation. Lol.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/17/22 06:41 PM

I never dealt to with them because of high prices. Gad I didn’t seeing all this. Must be using the “high price means you pay for what you get” routine to lure people into the trap.

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/17/22 08:26 PM

FYI

These guys know their reputation. They use aliases…

Ask more questions when items “ship from” these ZIP codes

ZIP Codes for City of Orange Park, FL

Zip-Codes.com Florida Zip Codes Clay County Orange Park, FL

Orange Park, FL Covers 5 ZIP Codes

ZIP Code Type County Population Area Code(s)
32003 Standard Clay. 27,126 904
32006 P.O. Box Clay 0 904
32065 Standard Clay 32,770 904
32067 P.O. Box Clay 0 904
32073 Standard Clay 38,920 904

Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/17/22 08:33 PM

Set them to avoid. runaway

The G & D are the first letters of the first two words you may use when you open your shipment....... twocents

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/17/22 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
I never dealt to with them because of high prices. Gad I didn’t seeing all this. Must be using the “high price means you pay for what you get” routine to lure people into the trap.

That's it in a nut shell
I asked for pics but was told mint on phone and gaved them money.
You get it in hand and bad shape.
Posted By: GMP440

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/18/22 01:55 AM

I know of them. That's Jerry and Jack Dempsey. They came to our Mopar Nationals Show down in South Florida a couple of times, back in the 90's. They would set up a lot of parts to sell in our swap meet.
I've bought parts from them back then.
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/18/22 02:50 PM

You are slightly mistaken. J and J parts is from Starke Florida and has been selling parts for decades at shows and swap meets all over the country. He looks like Santa Claus. G and D are Glenn and Dana Warful are the Orange Part Florida guys. Not exactly the best of buddies either as I recall. I have known both of them for almost 30 years. Todd
Posted By: LilRed7879

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/18/22 08:03 PM

Not to pile on too much even back in the late 80's they were known for being expensive and dishonest on the condition of parts. I have never bought anything from them and I live within a few miles of them.
Posted By: 469runner

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/19/22 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by GMP440

I know of them. That's Jerry and Jack Dempsey. They came to our Mopar Nationals Show down in South Florida a couple of times, back in the 90's. They would set up a lot of parts to sell in our swap meet.
I've bought parts from them back then.
Jerry Dempsey is a straight up honest man. G and D will overcharge and over rate the parts they sell.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/19/22 01:21 AM

Bought from J and J for years, good guy to deal with. I’ve seen that white van at every MoPar Nats, Carlisle, several swap meets and of course the Turkey Run in Daytona, must have a million miles on it by now. Been to his place In Starke, neat place to visit, Lots of stuff and fair prices, not to be confused with GD MoPar in Orange Park. If visiting Starke, watch your speed carefully, if Speed Limit is 25 do 23.
Posted By: 70runner

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/19/22 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by 340SIX

That's a tough call. If the part is only available at G&D or Jim's, keep searching...
Posted By: GMP440

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/19/22 04:04 AM

My bad . You are correct. J&J is Jerry and Jack. Got them mixed up with G&D.
Posted By: moparx

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/19/22 03:50 PM

"Look out Captain Lucky !! It's High Prices !!! "..........["Used Cars"]

fill in the next couple of lines to know the rest. biggrin
beer
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/19/22 10:44 PM

I made several good deals with Jerry.

Had a decent deal with G & D at the turkey run 2019 because they sold a Fury Fuselage certified police speedometer for 25$.
But he didn't know the model&modelyear. I am happy I did.

Carsten

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/20/22 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by fc7_plumcrazy

Had a decent deal with G & D at the turkey run 2019 because they sold a Fury Fuselage certified police speedometer for 25$.

Carsten

You had a good deal since you were personally standing there looking at the part.
Do not trust G&D to tell you the real condition of what you are buying by phone or email.
What they say and what you get are not the same thing..
Even Jim's sent what I ordered. Just charged more than agreed. At least I got what I needed
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/20/22 06:11 PM

when I am in Florida I usually visit Jerry in Starke and buy parts from him as he doesn't ship overseas.
Last time I visited him in 2019. Hope he is still doing ok. IIRC his wife died at that time.

Carsten

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/26/22 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by 70runner

That's a tough call. If the part is only available at G&D or Jim's, keep searching...

Through the years I have bought parts off almost everyone. Brads NOS, Chefs Auto Parts, Great Lakes, Ben Snowbar sent me an X_Block 340 on. Delta Airlines Flight, Domingo, Scott Smith, Frtiz at 1st Place Auto, R/T Specialities (Tom Race by phone) The Paddock, Year one,the list goes on and on.
Even Frank Mitchell sent me stuff at great prices and in described condtion many times.
Only been cheated by G& D, Jim's and a member here.
Not great when I happens but the list of good far out weighs the bad.
Seems like more cheats out there now then ever. Used to be you could not even see the part call a number in tge old paper Hemmings send a check or MO and get what they said in the condition that was stated.
But back then your name and word was worth something.

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 02/27/22 03:51 PM

"But back then your name and word was worth something."

so very true then ! today, not so much............ frowwn
beer
Posted By: dragon slayer

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 01/29/23 01:07 PM

I stumbled on this thread doing a search. I have a focus on hemi carburetors and saw this on ebay. They always have high prices on carbs, but this one struck me as I examined the pictures. You really need to know your hemi carbs to catch this, but this really looks like a restamp carb. What caught my eye was the front idle screw type but also casting differences that are not 69. Looking at the stamping closer the middle 6 and 2 do not look correct, but it sure looks like a professionally done restamp.

So do they just buy and sell this, or do they make the changes?

I will tell you if you're looking for hemi carbs or parts you really need to know your stuff, I am seeing more fraudulent stuff on ebay, and other places and some is by folks you might have trusted as reputable parts dealers.

Attached picture 4620.jpg
Attached picture 4620a.jpg
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 01/29/23 08:41 PM

There's a reason counterfeiters don't print $1 bills. No value to it.

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 01/30/23 05:07 PM

it seems play money has more value these days. biggrin
and no, i'm not talking bitcoin or any of those other fake electronic money "ideas".
beer

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 01/30/23 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by fc7_plumcrazy

Carsten

You had a good deal since you were personally standing there looking at the part.
Do not trust G&D to tell you the real condition of what you are buying by phone or email.
What they say and what you get are not the same thing..
Even Jim's sent what I ordered. Just charged more than agreed. At least I got what I needed

There you have it.

Go to events with swaps and buy as many parts as you can first hand in person.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: G and D Musclecar parts in orange park FL. - 01/30/23 08:03 PM

The restamped numbers look to have some filler under them… tsk
© 2024 Moparts Forums