Moparts

Meat Loaf dead

Posted By: bigdad

Meat Loaf dead - 01/21/22 03:09 PM

rip big fella

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/meat-loaf-bat-out-of-hell-singer-actor-dies-74-141430321.html
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/21/22 03:15 PM

Guy had a low-key incredible career. Everyone knows him, but to have 2 massive albums nearly 20 years apart with a total crash and burn in between is amazing. Plus, he was in Rocky Horror. Great entertainer.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/21/22 03:44 PM

Dang. frowwn

While he is best known for that first album, he was in a LOT of TV shows and movies as well as some stage I believe. The man was always going, always doing something.

RIP angel
Posted By: Neil

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/21/22 04:39 PM

He showed up for at an outdoor concert in the park here a few years back. Sounded pretty good and drew a nice sized crowd.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/21/22 07:33 PM

Saw him around 2010 in Vegas, he couldn't sing well then but the stage show and fine ladies made up for it! RIP Mr. Loaf. Now Louis Anderson, who is gonna be number three? eek
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/21/22 08:15 PM

Would not have been a Rocky Horror Picture Show without him.
No I am not a crazy RHPS fan.
Posted By: wingman

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/21/22 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by 340SIX
No I am not a crazy RHPS fan.

Is there another kind?
Posted By: massdaytona

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/21/22 09:39 PM

saw him at the st george theatre on staten island in the late 70's, with the cute/cute female singer, also from staten island .. he was doing flips on stage... wow.... rip....
Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/21/22 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Saw him around 2010 in Vegas, he couldn't sing well then but the stage show and fine ladies made up for it! RIP Mr. Loaf. Now Louis Anderson, who is gonna be number three? eek

I know who number 3 SHOULD be but I'd get a vacation for dragging politics into this forum. twocents
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/21/22 10:41 PM

RIP

made some great music

Carsten
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/22/22 04:01 AM

Anti mask and anti vax and dead.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/22/22 04:04 AM

Keeping it classy formula_s rolleyes
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/22/22 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by formula_s

How many fervent PRO vaccine celebrities died after getting the vaccine?
Hank Aaron? Micheal Spinks? Bob Saget?
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/22/22 11:03 AM

Michael Spinks is alive, though lucky to be so after fighting Iron Mike.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/22/22 02:35 PM

Didn't matter, the man's mental and physical health was a train wreck for decades, having Covid only put the other foot in the casket for him, he could have been triple vaxed, boosted and masked, chances are he would have still caught Covid, and it would still have taken him out....at least he enjoyed doing what he did....
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/22/22 05:20 PM

Relevant............
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/22/22 06:28 PM

Enjoy your vacation.

If I had to guess, I'd say Dick Van Dyke will be number three and what a huge loss that will be. A legendary physical comedian and super talented guy from the "good ole days"
Posted By: That AMC Guy

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/23/22 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA

Didn't matter, the man's mental and physical health was a train wreck for decades, having Covid only put the other foot in the casket for him, he could have been triple vaxed, boosted and masked, chances are he would have still caught Covid, and it would still have taken him out....at least he enjoyed doing what he did....

Exactly. Dude had had FOUR lower back surgeries; once a year starting in 2016 and the first three failed. Finally the fourth alleviated the pain he'd been suffering since the 80s! But the dudes' back was hacked to bits! If you'll pardon the pun, there's only so many times you can cut the same piece of Meat. He'd been oxygen deprived several times throughout his life, had multiple untreated concussions and though it was never reported, I suspect he had a mild stroke sometime in the last 5-8 years. The last interview I saw with him, the left side of his face was a bit droopy and through the course of the interview; he'd begin to slur, realize it.... snap back into normal mode, but then slowly fade back into slurring.

Bless the man, the show went on.

So, and maybe because this is the high profile, well-loved celeb death that we needed. Let's make a positive out of this. Who honestly gives a crap whether you're jabbed or not? A man who brought joy to millions just passed away.... THAT is the topic of discussion, not what he put - or didn't put into his body. People have died from much worse and don't get treated like this.

Enough is enough. Jabbed, unjabbed - purple, yellow, green or orange - we're all human and we're all mortal.

Just revel in the man, the myth and the miracle that was Marvin (Michael) Lee Aday.... a.k.a. "Meatloaf".
Prayers to his family and loved ones.

If only some of us could be HALF the man he was....
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Meat Loaf dead - 01/23/22 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by That AMC Guy

Just revel in the man, the myth and the miracle that was Marvin (Michael) Lee Aday.... a.k.a. "Meatloaf".
Prayers to his family and loved ones.

If only some of us could be HALF the man he was....

thumbs
© 2024 Moparts Forums