Moparts

Looking for No-Charge Malware/Virus Protection

Posted By: Powerflow

Looking for No-Charge Malware/Virus Protection - 01/12/22 03:40 AM

I received an email that I thought was from a friend and accidentally clicked on a link. As soon as I clicked the link, I got a message that the site is unsafe and I got out of it immediately. Turns out it didn't come from my friend and now I'm worried I opened myself up for trouble. I have Malwarebytes from a long time ago that I think is still running.

Can anyone recommend good anti-malware freeware that I can download?

Thanks for any ideas.

Harold
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Looking for No-Charge Malware/Virus Protection - 01/12/22 03:57 AM

I know what you mean. I've been looking for a doctor to perform my vasectomy for free. Hard to find good stuff for free anymore but I'm going to keep looking.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Looking for No-Charge Malware/Virus Protection - 01/12/22 05:31 PM

Here's what I use:

https://www.superantispyware.com/free-edition.html
Posted By: TJP

Re: Looking for No-Charge Malware/Virus Protection - 01/12/22 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
I know what you mean. I've been looking for a doctor to perform my vasectomy for free. Hard to find good stuff for free anymore but I'm going to keep looking.

We have a local Veterinarian that does after hours work ( back door thing) at a substantial discount. I can hook you up if you'd like laugh2 beer
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: Looking for No-Charge Malware/Virus Protection - 01/12/22 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel

I use the same thing.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Looking for No-Charge Malware/Virus Protection - 01/12/22 06:12 PM

same here. also use avast anti-virus and malwarebites, plus the windows defender.
all have worked good over the years.
i manually go through each about once a month, even though all but the superspy are on automatic mode.
beer
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Looking for No-Charge Malware/Virus Protection - 01/12/22 06:35 PM

Some versions of Malwarebytes have lifetime updates.

If you are getting updates you should be fine.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Looking for No-Charge Malware/Virus Protection - 01/13/22 01:43 AM

Assuming Windows? What version? 10 and 11 come with Windows Defender for anti-virus....you just need to turn it on. Malwarebytes is great malware software and free. Install Linux Mint OS and never think about any of that crap again!
Posted By: Powerflow

Re: Looking for No-Charge Malware/Virus Protection - 01/13/22 03:45 AM

I'm running Windows 10 and from what I can tell Windows Defender and Malwarebytes are both active. Hopefully I'm good to go.

Thanks to all for your replies.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Looking for No-Charge Malware/Virus Protection - 01/13/22 10:52 AM

My protection is provided thru my internet provider which is Spectrum. Bought the wife a new laptop for Christmas and I was gonna load Spectrums protection but the new unit comes with Windows Defender 10 so I guess its all set.
© 2024 Moparts Forums