Moparts

Hot smoker at lowes

Posted By: therocks

Hot smoker at lowes - 12/28/21 05:53 PM

Lowes yesterday to get a faucet Walking back saw a pellet s,oker on clearance.List was 499 priced 124.thats a deal.Came with cover gloves etc.Now just some warm dry weather and pellets and Ill be smoking.Rocky
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/28/21 06:23 PM

That is a great deal! What do use for pellets? Do you keep different kinds for different meats/recipes? As soon as the rain stops here I am going to assemble my rectec smoker/grill and get to smokin'! Never used pellets, though - only these hockey puck things that are built for my electric Bradley smoker and I just used their 'all purpose' wood puck.z
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/28/21 07:04 PM

Unless you're the kind of guy that likes standing around a smoker for hours on end, you're really gonna like that. Every now and then I make deer jerky. The last batch I made was smoked/dried on a Traeger. That was some kind of special.

...and yes, different wood pellets for different preferences.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/28/21 10:06 PM

My wife bought me a Traeger for Christmas, haven’t had time to put it together yet though.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/29/21 01:24 AM

work

Attached picture 22195570_1739461399399613_3086525232738922747_n.jpg

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/29/21 01:37 AM

Havent got any pellets yet.My 2 sons will help me select them.Youngest is pretty much a pro at it so he will help.Have a turkey in the freezer that will get smoked in the spring Maybe even a deer roast.I did smoke on myu charcoal grill with the side smoker made ribs and briskit.Came out pretty good and have had it for years.Rocky

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/29/21 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
work

Oh, ummmm.....never mind, well...that's a beautiful smoker.
Posted By: massdaytona

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/29/21 04:32 PM

work

i'll have '2' to go.....
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/29/21 06:51 PM

I bought a Traeger about a year ago. Love it! Mine's wifi so I can monitor/adjust from anywhere....no babysitting required. We do tenderloins,ribs,chicken,etc. One of our favorites....pizza! Delicious! No need to wait for warm weather....fire it up! I've had mine running in the 20s ad 30s without issue! Enjoy!!
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/30/21 04:14 AM

Smoking food is a well known source of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, a good way to get a dose of butt cancer.

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/30/21 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by formula_s
Smoking food is a well known source of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, a good way to get a dose of butt cancer.

Well, I'm sure there's some science to back that up. But with my diet and daily regimen, I figure I'm more like to succumb to something more arterial...maybe even something accidental. shruggy
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/30/21 12:33 PM

I heard drinking from a garden hose is bad as well.
Posted By: wingman

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/30/21 01:31 PM

A little different, but for Christmas this year we got a stand-alone propane flattop griddle. Also from Lowes coincidentally--they were on sale. 30" of flat, cold-rolled seasoned steel, baby!

Has been super-fun so far--made a couple big breakfasts, shrimp and chicked fried rice, cheesesteak sandwiches the first week.

Takes me back to my old fry-cook days as a teenager, and my wife likes it because there are no pans to wash.

And yes, I'm sure it causes cancer, too.... grin
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/30/21 02:40 PM

Yea but one can brag and offer to the ladies their smoked MEAT.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 12/31/21 05:17 AM

They have 100% Apple wood pellets ?

Lightly smoked chicken ..... drool
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/01/22 01:25 AM

work

Any cigarette smoking instantly makes ANY girl NOT hot!
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/01/22 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by HotRodDave
work

I dated a gal who smoked and she was fun. Not sure I'd marry a hardcore smoker since that might get to be a bit much, but I didn't have any problems hanging out with a cute gal who smoked.
Posted By: mgoblue9798

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/01/22 03:11 AM

I am pretty sure the ribs and pork butts will take my heart out first.
Posted By: mgoblue9798

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/01/22 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by HotRodDave
work

Feel free to send the one from the earlier photo my way then.
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/03/22 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by therocks
Lowes yesterday to get a faucet Walking back saw a pellet s,oker on clearance.List was 499 priced 124.thats a deal.Came with cover gloves etc.Now just some warm dry weather and pellets and Ill be smoking.Rocky

I bought one saturday here in Sioux Falls for 49.00. Not a big one but it will work for 50 bucks. LAst one n the shelf. not assembled it yet.

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/04/22 02:46 PM

Hot air mine was assembled and ready to go.Didnt really need one but Ive been looking at them.At 124 could not pass it up and man is that sucker heavy.Ill see how well I do when the weather breaks.Son makes some awesome food with his.Rocky
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/05/22 02:45 AM

Many, many meats are smoked. It preserves the meat. Back before refrigeration smoking meat was widely used to preserve if, I don't recall that butt cancer was common back then, but I don't know. Don't care to look either. I have an electric smoker that does a fine job, when it works. I need a new one but I'm not buying another one of these pieces of crap.
Posted By: massdaytona

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/05/22 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones

Many, many meats are smoked. It preserves the meat. Back before refrigeration smoking meat was widely used to preserve if, I don't recall that butt cancer was common back then, but I don't know. Don't care to look either. I have an electric smoker that does a fine job, when it works. I need a new one but I'm not buying another one of these pieces of crap.

yeah ... i was gifted a few years ago a 'masterbuilt' elect smoker - used it 3 times in aug, and then stored it away - next may i bring it out, plug it in, nothing.... dead.... i call 'masterbuit' , they tell me it has a '3 month' warr... 3mos.... another piece of chinese crapola...
Posted By: BSharp

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/05/22 03:44 PM

I really like my Weber Smokey Mountain. Runs on charcoal, but it's not fussy about it. I made ribs on New Year's Day.

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/05/22 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by BSharp
I really like my Weber Smokey Mountain. Runs on charcoal, but it's not fussy about it. I made ribs on New Year's Day.

That's what I have also. I can load up the coal ring with charcoal and whatever wood I'm going to use and it'll burn for 8 hours +. It's plenty good enough for the little bit of smoking that I do.
Posted By: -Cuda

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/05/22 05:18 PM

I have a Traeger with the wifi. Took me a bit to get a good brisket. 2 things: make sure your temperature probe is properly dialed in (mine wasnt), and get yourself a smoke tube if you like a smokier flavor. Pellet grills are great from an ease standpoint but do not put as much smoke flavor as a stick burner or Big green egg.

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/05/22 06:08 PM

I got tired of loading those expensive "Bisquettes" in my Bradley electric smoker and just went with pellets and a tube. SO MUCH CHEAPER!!! If I want to pull out the smoke tube before it's all burned up, I just drop it on my Weber and let it finish there.

Re: Hot smoker at lowes - 01/05/22 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by massdaytona
Originally Posted by Guitar Jones

yeah ... i was gifted a few years ago a 'masterbuilt' elect smoker - used it 3 times in aug, and then stored it away - next may i bring it out, plug it in, nothing.... dead.... i call 'masterbuit' , they tell me it has a '3 month' warr... 3mos.... another piece of chinese crapola...

It may be the transformer to the control unit (if yours is built that way). If you have one lying around you could try and see if it works. Might be 12v 1.5A but check your old one.
© 2024 Moparts Forums