Moparts

Engines & Transmissions on Facebook - Scam?

Posted By: Faust

Engines & Transmissions on Facebook - Scam? - 12/27/21 03:13 AM

Just wondering if anyone has any experience. I'm looking for an engine and have been going through Facebook Marketplace. Lots of ads for engines. But, when I click on them I find the sellers are extremely attractive Hispanic women who appear to live hundreds of miles away from Boston.

Here's an example, if you click through the seller's profile, it reports she works at McDonalds.

Example
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Engines & Transmissions on Facebook - Scam? - 12/27/21 11:39 AM

Maybe they think that you dont really need an engine and these attractive, young women will be able to "get your motor running"?
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Engines & Transmissions on Facebook - Scam? - 12/27/21 02:20 PM

I've seen the same thing in my area down here. The images of the engines and shop look like stock photos found on line, but its always a Hispanic woman/girl who has the account. The one down here when you click on the person posting takes you to a young lady that has nothing but baking and cakes on her page.

I'm wondering if these are accounts that have been hacked and the person doesn't realize it?

Unless the ad ties into a local business, I would avoid it.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Engines & Transmissions on Facebook - Scam? - 12/27/21 05:02 PM

Get on a more dedicated Mopar facebook forum, like B Body Mopars, or MCG, Mopars Unlimited (assuming your looking for a mopar mill?) better group of people, plenty of cars, parts, engines, transmissions, services, etc, etc, etc
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Engines & Transmissions on Facebook - Scam? - 12/27/21 05:14 PM

They are just figuring out new ways to get a guy who will eventually get them their "papers"...LOL
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Engines & Transmissions on Facebook - Scam? - 12/27/21 05:15 PM

I would guess some are legit and a lot are bogus.

I notice some use photos copied from Cleveland Power and Performance, red flag for sure.
© 2024 Moparts Forums