Moparts

Hoovies Garage Superbird

Posted By: Mastershake340

Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/13/21 05:34 PM

Anybody know this resto modded Superbird that Hoovies Garage just got?

Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/13/21 06:05 PM

I just watched that......WOW is the suspension jacked up on it! Hoovie even mentions he might've gotten scammed just a bit.
Posted By: TX9H6E4CUDA

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/13/21 07:54 PM

Yeah even mentioned it's a "partial rebody" and I think it has a reproduction fender tag...jeeze what a mess
Posted By: MONC

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/14/21 01:23 PM

Watched it and agree, what a mess. For $130K and a restomod I would expect it to at least be a nice modern day driver.
Looks like he's got some work cut out for him. Will have to tune in to what The Wizard will do with it to make it more driveable.

I thought it was a clone when I saw the A/C dash vents. Am curious what the VIN on this one is as well, and whether they just swapped VINs onto this body.

Oh and good god those gold wheels puke

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/14/21 01:26 PM

Apparently bought it off BAT :

BRING A TRAILER HOOVIE SUPERBIRD PURCHASE

HERE'S THE VIN :

RM23R0A158581

BARRETT JACKSON 2010 AUCTION LINK

TAG looks like a repro IMO

Wonder if the RAD VIN and trunk lip VINs are intact and original

Attached picture SBIRD FT.jpg
Attached picture SBIRD dash vin.jpg
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/14/21 01:54 PM

Wouldn't this be the only N96 Super Bird Produced? And then the N96 stuff has been removed. whistling

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/14/21 02:24 PM

They are talking about it on for b bodies only saying it's rebodied off a '69 GTX.
What a hot mess!

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/14/21 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mastershake340
They are talking about it on for b bodies only saying it's rebodied off a '69 GTX.
What a hot mess!

Oy, hot mess indeed.
FOR B BODIES ONLY LINK

Attached picture VIN LIST.jpeg.jpg
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/14/21 04:33 PM

What is the deal with the ends of the dutchman panel?
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/14/21 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
What is the deal with the ends of the dutchman panel?

That's the way the "factory" finished off the ends of the Aero window plug and vinyl top trim with cast potmetal "triangles" to avoid bodywork, the vinyl top was also mandatory on Superbirds to cover the Aero plug's perimeter seam/welds, again to avoid costly/time consuming bodywork...

MikeG
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/15/21 12:13 AM

Cannot stand this dude or his show
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/15/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by moparjim79

Never heard of him who is that spoiled brat.
Posted By: topside

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/15/21 03:41 AM

He shows up on the B-J auctions.
He talks like a somewhat arrogant rich kid with a Eurocentric outlook, crows on about one Mercedes or another he's owned...
But on details & technical matters, he's often wrong; outspoken, but wrong.

Seems to me the whole "social" thing has spawned a lot of bogus "experts"...
Posted By: moparx

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/15/21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by 71GTX471

i wasn't going to say anything, but i think if i was around that guy for more than a few minutes, i would be tempted to beat him with my stick. whistling
beer
Posted By: TX9H6E4CUDA

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/15/21 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by 71GTX471

i wasn't going to say anything, but i think if i was around that guy for more than a few minutes, i would be tempted to beat him with my stick. whistling
beer

In defense, he is actually a really nice guy and is genuinely into cars (even non super car stuff). He built this channel and actually deserves his success. I have met him in person and he is very nice and likes to talk about cars. Everyone has their opinions...

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/15/21 05:32 PM

Part 2 just came up.......

Posted By: Matt M

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/15/21 11:37 PM

I have never met him, but I think he seems OK
He sure is not afraid to say when he makes a mistake with a car.
I like watching his channel.

He made his $ working with his Dad in the fast food business.

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/16/21 01:35 PM

Watched Part 2, and $3,400 in fixes by The Wizard and he thinks he will be right as rain.
At the very least he is good entertainment, and does seem honest about what he does, and how he got his success.
Regardless, someone needs to tell / show him that the car is far from authentic.
Even I can tell that undercarriage is not factory.
IMO it's a hemi Superbird clone.
Figured he would do a lot more due diligence, especially being in the used and collector car biz for so long.
Maybe he bought it just for attention and a write off...
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/16/21 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by MONC
Watched Part 2, and $3,400 in fixes by The Wizard and he thinks he will be right as rain.
At the very least he is good entertainment, and does seem honest about what he does, and how he got his success.
Regardless, someone needs to tell / show him that the car is far from authentic.
Even I can tell that undercarriage is not factory.
IMO it's a hemi Superbird clone.
Figured he would do a lot more due diligence, especially being in the used and collector car biz for so long.
Maybe he bought it just for attention and a write off...

Yep, probably gets more money from views on his YouTube channel to cover any losses or repair costs he'll incur. I've watched a few of his videos. He can be entertaining. If you resign yourself to that fact, then his videos aren't that bad. I know, not setting the bar high.

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/16/21 06:02 PM

I think he cleans up on the revenues from YouTube, and the cars are just an expense.
I somehow got caught up watching a guy on YouTube from Oklahoma called Auto Auction rebuilds (AAR) where he goes to Copart regularly and looks at cars and ends up buying some. He was fixing them up and flipping them, but got in trouble for not having a dealers license. He was able to get a wholesale dealers license to stay out of trouble but that limits his selling opportunities.
Now he turns around and resells the cars through IAA, and more often than not he loses money on them. But he goes over the numbers showing how even after losing money flipping the cars, he comes out ahead after factoring in the YouTube revenue from the episodes he put out featuring the car.
Hoovies Garage has a lot more viewers and subscribers than AAR so in the end I doubt he’ll lose from buying the Superbird regardless of how sketchy it is.

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/16/21 06:54 PM

If Randy at AAR openly admits (and can be proven) he makes about 15K a month with his channel, just imagine what Hoovie is pulling in,not only from just the channel but the side gigs and endorsements he's getting. I think Hoovie has a better business head then he lets on to.

The only question I have regarding ANY youtuber pulling in serious $$$$, how many have planned for a rainy day? Even if YT went away, there are other platforms, I mean along the lines of if they got sick or something and physically couldn't do it anymore?

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/16/21 07:22 PM

Hoovies Garage has 1.3M subscribers compared to AARs a little over 300K subscribers.
Streetspeed717 has a seven figure subscriber list and has a bunch of expensive cars including lambos.
So yes the popular guys channels seem to rake in cash.
I watch Dave Ramsey videos sometimes and he could invite Randy from AAR on to his show and say “don’t be like this guy” as Randy seems to manage his finances the polar opposite of what Ramsey preaches.
If Randy was to get demonatarized by YouTube he’ll be back living in the trailer park he rose up out of within a matter of weeks!
However I was talking to Ryan aka Auto Archeologist here not long ago about his barn finds channel and he said he’s lucky to get $100 from an episode. He said a lot of some channels big subscriber lists and views are inflated by being able to buy fake views, and reports of how much some channels make is highly exaggerated. So hard to tell where the truth lies.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/16/21 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

If Randy at AAR openly admits (and can be proven) he makes about 15K a month with his channel, just imagine what Hoovie is pulling in,not only from just the channel but the side gigs and endorsements he's getting. I think Hoovie has a better business head then he lets on to.

The only question I have regarding ANY youtuber pulling in serious $$$$, how many have planned for a rainy day? Even if YT went away, there are other platforms, I mean along the lines of if they got sick or something and physically couldn't do it anymore?

We 1st saw him on MotorTrend. I think with Covid they are were showing old shows but were new to my wife and I.
Yes he ko da puts on the light silliness but thst is show.
The whole thing is he is gambling with the car he buys as to good or bad.
It's a show.
If not he would take the car or truck like a normal person and have the Wizard of someone else look the vehicles over 1st.
Like most would but then no show drama and no show.
All shows have a hook some are better. My remote control has a channel changing button for those that I do not like.

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/17/21 12:09 AM

I was talking to Ryan aka Auto Archeologist here not long ago about his barn finds channel and he said he’s lucky to get $100 from an episode.

I'm no YT guru, but based on my observations, I think a lot of what is holding Ryan back is the quality of his filming. He's got the cool subjects, he's got the knowledge, but the video quality is lacking. As an example, on his videos, when he does the voice over at the end, the sound all but goes away. Gimbals have gotten cheaper. Using Randy at AAR as example, you can see a difference in quality from the time he started to his current videos. Hell, even Tony has gotten better. Ryan? Not so much.

Again, just my observations, I'm no guru. I would love to see Ryan's channel get as big as Randy's or even Hoovie's. If I've offended, it was not my intention, and you can tell me to go F*** myself.

For what it's worth.

twocents

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/17/21 01:37 AM

Between the 2 of them no one said oh the frames are tied together.
And thet looked right at it when it was on the Wizards lift talking about rebody.

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/17/21 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by 340SIX
And thet looked right at it when it was on the Wizards lift talking about rebody.

For that matter neither one of them mentioned the front suspension being after market either........
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/17/21 02:01 AM

For that matter neither one of them mentioned the front suspension being after market either........

Did those front wheels drop at all when they lifted the car? I don't remember how much travel front shocks had but I'm sure it was more than two inches. I'm thinking the difference in jounce and rebound is going to be too short to give a decent ride?

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/17/21 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by 3hundred

Did those front wheels drop at all when they lifted the car? I don't remember how much travel front shocks had but I'm sure it was more than two inches. I'm thinking the differencle in jounce and rebound is going to be too short to give a decent ride?

When he had it on.the lift he said it did not come with coilovers new. Then said later it needed new ones and the charge was 1500 bucks for some that would work right with what was on the car. Plus labor.
The Wizard liked that it was upgraded with all the aftermarket parts when looking it over.

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/17/21 03:49 AM

When he had it on.the lift he said it did not come with coilovers new

I watched this again and don't see/hear him saying that? No biggie, looked because I don't like referencing someone incorrectly.......... shruggy

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/17/21 01:28 PM

Exactly.
These guys have seen enough original and restomodded cars to know the difference.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/17/21 05:21 PM

I think it was cool to see and was looking myself for the history of the car.

I don't mind Hoovie. He's interested in a bit of everything not just expensive import stuff. Sure it's the gotta have money to make money thing but he's entertaining and he buys the cheapest example of the cars he wants and really goes into what's wrong with them and I like seeing how good or bad they are when they get checked out at the wizard's shop. He also doesn't keep all the cars only his favorites or ones that he knows people would be interested in seeing some projects about so there's a money flow there. From what he says about some of the cars he's not afraid to sell them at a loss to get the money back to buy something else and some seem to get more then they should be worth. I guess the buyers know what they're getting into if they watch his videos.
Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/17/21 07:08 PM

Unwatchable for me.

I find this guys Youtube Videos interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGXns0Ezqd-qKyxMjH-7Pg/videos

Dave
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/19/21 02:35 AM

Too much Schlick for me. I watched to see what they’d say about a car I like. The mechanic guy seems at least ok even if he didn’t mention some things.

Rudy’s World gets low views. Not sure how I caught it on my feed because it’s like in the hundreds of views only. It’s worthy of giving a chance from what I’ve seen so far. He’s into mopars mainly, but did buy a 69 stang. He goes to Finer details a lot and films.

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/19/21 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Too much Schlick for me. I watched to see what they’d say about a car I like. The mechanic guy seems at least ok even if he didn’t mention some things.

Rudy’s World gets low views. Not sure how I caught it on my feed because it’s like in the hundreds of views only. It’s worthy of giving a chance from what I’ve seen so far. He’s into mopars mainly, but did buy a 69 stang. He goes to Finer details a lot and films.

Rudy’s World is very good and he does a great job with his editing and background music. I’m not sure why he hasn’t picked up more subscribers and views, but I recommend everyone look up his YouTube channel! thumbs
The car wizard is much more interesting than Hoovies Garage. Interesting how some YouTube channels end up breeding additional channels that sometimes are better than the channel they spun off from. The car wizard for an example as his channel is better than Hoovies Garage.
Auto Auction Rebuilds has got boring with less rebuilding and more quick flipping of copart cars, along with bragging about buying new cars and houses all the time. But several channels have spun off from his channel done by his friends including Santa’s Garage and TKs Garage, and an ex friend Weird Beard. Weird Beards channel is well done and interesting, as is Santa’s Workshop. TK on the other hand comes of as sort of a jerk.
Tofers car tales has pretty amazing and unique writing and production qualities!

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/19/21 05:17 AM

Randy makes me chuckle because I worked for someone a long time ago that was just like him, except in my case it was a used car lot rather than YouTube (wasn't around yet). Everything was 'fluid' with the guy, cars, houses, money. It was the thrill of the hunt rather than actual ownership, as he quickly got board and would move onto something else. I don't know how his wife put up with moving so much.... laugh2

As for Wizard, Hoovie persuaded him into starting a channel, he didn't just start a channel because Hoovie had one.

Good, bad or otherwise, I think its neat when someone with a YT channel can help others to start their own. I think I'd be a little concerned if this didn't happen. shruggy
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 12/20/21 02:18 PM

So many haters.

He never claimed to be a mopar expert. He likes cars and got good at making viral videos at the right time. Good for him!

He admits he knows nothing abut working on cars. Averaging over a million views per video... he is doing something right.

His first car was a dakota. He loves dodge dakotas, especially the dakota rt's.

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 05/21/22 02:07 PM

Looks like Hoovie got the Superbird FIXED. 515HP and 525TQ at the wheels..........

drive
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 05/21/22 06:11 PM

Look around, I bet its for sale already. He only buys cars for video content

Re: Hoovies Garage Superbird - 05/21/22 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dart 500
Look around, I bet its for sale already. He only buys cars for video content

Oooo, you're a smart one ain'tcha? rolleyes

What the heck does your comment have to do with him sorting the car out? shake_head
© 2024 Moparts Forums