Moparts

Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ?

Posted By: dIc dOc Deity !

Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/08/21 12:16 AM

Give it yur best shot !

I’ll BBL ... with what me thimks ... I wish I had one of these every week !
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/08/21 12:18 AM

Seems to me the best experience is when you get exactly what you ordered in a timely fashion !!
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/08/21 12:53 AM

Can't remember ever having a bad one.But I only have 1500.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/08/21 02:28 PM

what kind of KiNkY thing is you buying now, DoC ? biggrin devil eek smoke apimp whistling penguin cool stirthepot
beer
Posted By: 4x4 Roundup

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/08/21 04:22 PM

Very interesting, I did not realize a BESTest eBay experience as a buyer could ever happen on ebay. twocents
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/08/21 04:52 PM

Ancient history now with how much eBay has gone downhill over the years.
But I had some amazing buying and selling experiences 15, 20 years ago that never would have occurred if it wasn’t for the great online flea market it originally was.
I used to find parts not well described that I was buy cheap to flip or use myself. My T/As NOS 9171 master cylinder dated a couple weeks before its build date was an eBay buy it now for $60 in 2004. The used rear 854 shocks on it were purchased from a listing that said “used shocks removed from AAR cuda” I took a chance on for something like $20.
I have a 70 Challenger promo model that one time a listing on eBay came up for an original box for it, marked for the same color as my model. I won the auction for $40. Later an original decal sheet auction came up on eBay, and I bought that, so my promo model is now complete with box and decal sheet.
Where else would I have ever found these items?
I had many other eBay auction wins back then that made my day!
I miss those days!
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/09/21 12:50 AM

Over the last few months I've ordered a lot of parts off ebay. All have arrived pretty much on the stated arrival date, either the day before, or the day after. These days, those were all a win. The ebay prices were almost 1/2 of what it would cost to order the same thing locally and I got it a couple days earlier then the local places said they could get it by.

By my standards, 1/2 the local price for the same ordered part number, a couple days faster, makes them all a good ebay experience. Gene
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/09/21 06:12 PM

I’ve been buying and selling for about 22 years or more on eBay. I’ve never really looked for bargains. But, some items were very reasonably priced. My biggest mistake: starting auctions at a penny without a reserve and free shipping...lol - I lost my shirt on a few of those. Now, I only do Buy It Now and Best Offer. My auction-style listings days are long gone.
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/09/21 08:26 PM

The best experience I've had was buying old tools. I've actually gotten to know a few fellow collectors from EBag and its fun to find fellow enthusiasts. I had one seller throw in a bunch of random sockets and wrenches in brands I collect, in addition to what I purchased, Great Guy!
Posted By: Powerflow

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/09/21 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by 1972CudaV21
Now, I only do Buy It Now and Best Offer. My auction-style listings days are long gone.

Same here. 99% of the auctions I put up ended-up being "one-bid wonders" so Buy It Now makes more sense. Once in a great while I'll put up an auction if I think the item has 'potential'. They still end up as a one-bid wonder!
Posted By: VL21

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/09/21 11:15 PM

No idea who the seller was, but I once bought some sockets, extensions, etc I wanted any way, and the seller wrapped them in clean, used, souvenir type t shirts, most of them even fit.

Me being the sort who likes tees from away somewhere I will never get to, I really thought it was cool.

And free is always good.
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/10/21 09:58 PM

About ten years ago I bought a set of big block Victor heads. I received RPM heads in Victor boxes. The seller told me to pound sand, so I file a claim with ebay. Ebay refunds my money and says send back the heads. I do and about 2 weeks later the heads show back up on my porch!!

Seems as though the seller figured if he refused to accept delivery he could keep his money. So I get ahold of Ebay again and they say " we will take care of it, keep your money and the heads". Weird but true.
Posted By: dIc dOc Deity !

Re: Ur BESTest eBay experience as a buyer ? - 12/10/21 11:33 PM

My BESTest ? ... a relatively new seller on eBay has several DVDs of interest. I bid on the one of main interest and ask him about the other 2 and possible comboing shipping. Didn’t hear back. Sent him another PM ... nothing. A day later I hear back ... he’s gonna check. Ok. No problem I wait ... then the auction ends on the one I bid on and it’s sent a day later. THEN I get a PM saying SORRY I MISSED THIS UNTIL NOW. He’s in the process of moving so all is forgiven. Couple of days later ... SORRY... I’ll send you the other two ... NO CHARGE but I’ll include something special ! I say ... cool - thx ! The two DVDs arrive.... and I open up one of the DVDs.... and there is 20 and 10 dollar bill !

Not as good a deal as Hudsonhorny .... but I’ll take it !
© 2024 Moparts Forums