Moparts

The Sea's were angry my friend

Posted By: bigdad

The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/02/21 08:11 PM

Haulover inlet , Miami

I have been watching these video's lately wow, some incredible boats and some really foolish people . Anyone local to tell me about it like how many a week are drown or injured badly in that area ?

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/02/21 08:33 PM

Some people and new boat owners don't know the differences between a small "ocean pleasure boat" and a lake or river small pleasure boat to be used the same way shruggy whiney As well as how to operate them in all conditions.
I bought a used 21 ft. IMP Aztec V day cruiser inboard/outdrive ocean boat, it had right at 4 ft. gunnels (sidewalls) and a big V on the bow to push water away when hitting big waves. I bought it when my kids were younger so they couldn't fall over the sides when moving in the water, taught them to water ski and sold it when they grew up and moved out. up My wife and I both took a U.S. Coast Guard boat safety course for small boat owners before using it up scope
BOAT, AKA, Bust Out Another $Thousand grin work
Posted By: superbee69

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/02/21 09:15 PM

just skip to the end wow!!

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/02/21 09:30 PM

All kinds of these videos on there .. I know its Miami but, the amount of money spent is amazing

Posted By: 330Scott

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 01:10 AM

Life jackets?
Posted By: 330Scott

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by superbee69
just skip to the end wow!!

Except for the part where she fell down in a mud puddle
Posted By: dIc dOc Deity !

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 02:09 AM

My boat .... this pic is of the past owner .... at 95 mph smoke

Attached picture 2F681BCA-95D6-43C5-9DFB-C8F415E79D5D.png
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 04:25 AM

Some should be charged with Child Endangerment.

As for the adults/speed boats, go for it.
It's just yourself at risk.

Reminded of the old adage: "It's always fun till someone loses an eye or limb"
Posted By: Wagonmaster

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 05:54 AM

If the swells are taller than the freeboard on your boat, you don't have enough boat.
ALL should wear life jackets.
Overloading is never a good idea.
Pontoon boats and swells don't mix.
Large persons should not wear Speedos or bikinis. Causes irreparable ocular damage.
Posted By: wingman

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 01:22 PM

There's a lot of stupid crammed into that short video.

More money than sense in some cases.
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 02:27 PM

Hi Doc , Just interested in what Engines Brand and HorsePower were on the boat in your Pic , and are those whats on it today ? thanks Ronnie drive The money that is in some of those very nice Outboards is mind boggling .
Posted By: justinp61

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 02:32 PM

I live just a few miles from two large man made lakes, KY Lake and Lake Barkley and every year people die either from their own stupidity or someone else's. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff over the years.

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61
I live just a few miles from two large man made lakes, KY Lake and Lake Barkley and every year people die either from their own stupidity or someone else's. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff over the years.

Ever go to eastern Missouri... Lake of the Ozarks .... ?

Crazy stuff there !

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by 1969ronnie
Hi Doc , Just interested in what Engines Brand and HorsePower were on the boat in your Pic , and are those whats on it today ? thanks Ronnie drive The money that is in some of those very nice Outboards is mind boggling .

9er .... those are old school basically stock Black Max 200s .., with trick lower units... and good chopper props. I got the boat off eBay from Lauderdale real reasonable... the starboard side blow powerhead...,

It’s up in way north tampa getting worked on by a ex professional offshore racers home based shop.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by wingman
There's a lot of stupid crammed into that short video.

More money than sense in some cases.

Beating the living hell out of those boats, too. More money than sense for sure.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 03:29 PM

I watch those vids every now and then and have been curious about that place myself. It seems that many take it as a challenge while others haven't a clue. Seems to me that for every boat there is a specific speed to navigate that inlet. The distance between the crests is very short for the height of the waves so you have to basically fly across the peaks. If you're just bobbing over the waves then eventually momentum is going to dictate the nose going under and you're done. Seems many try to throttle out of the trough and then back off at the crest which just makes things worse. If you're going to throttle out of the trough you have to stay on it to keep the nose up. You'll take a beating but you'll get through it.
Posted By: moparx

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 05:00 PM

i can't swim, so i stay on shore and guard the beer. biggrin
beer
Posted By: Sniper

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 05:24 PM

Try it in a typhoon.

Green water hitting the bridge windows is lots of fun.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
i can't swim, so i stay on shore and guard the beer. biggrin
beer

Although I can swim, I just ain't that good at it and I can't do it for very long. So I stay on shore for the most part.

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/03/21 10:01 PM

Whata buncha ole gEeZeRs ... tsk

You ain’t lived until you’ve been in a boat ......

SNEEZIN it ... at a hun ! smoke

Haven’t done it lately .... but the FIRST TIME back in 03 ..... was addicting !
Posted By: poorboy

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/04/21 12:31 AM

My dad had a 16' fiberglass boat with a big Merc outboard on one of the larger WI lakes. 45mph was plenty fast enough for me on the water. The brakes on a boat suck and steering response isn't any better! LOL!

I'll just stick to cars. Gene
Posted By: tahoechallenge

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/04/21 03:46 AM

Those fast boats can mess you up. Last summer my neighbor broke his back going for a ride in a off shore boat on Tahoe. He is a fit 50 year old surfer. Tahoe has no speed limit so it is a popular place for fast boats.

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/04/21 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by tahoechallenge
Those fast boats can mess you up. Last summer my neighbor broke his back going for a ride in a off shore boat on Tahoe. He is a fit 50 year old surfer. Tahoe has no speed limit so it is a popular place for fast boats.

Those BIGGIE ROLLERS can be hazardous.... but in calmer seas like Tahoe and Havasu can be a pucker factor toooo eek

I saw a cat out on Havasu almost BLOW OVER at way WAY over a 100mph !!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/05/21 03:51 AM

I thought no powered boats were allowed on Lake Tahoe, canoe and small sail boats only confused
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/05/21 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Some people and new boat owners don't know the differences between a small "ocean pleasure boat" and a lake or river small pleasure boat to be used the same way shruggy whiney As well as how to operate them in all conditions.
I bought a used 21 ft. IMP Aztec V day cruiser inboard/outdrive ocean boat, it had right at 4 ft. gunnels (sidewalls) and a big V on the bow to push water away when hitting big waves. I bought it when my kids were younger so they couldn't fall over the sides when moving in the water, taught them to water ski and sold it when they grew up and moved out. up My wife and I both took a U.S. Coast Guard boat safety course for small boat owners before using it up scope
BOAT, AKA, Bust Out Another $Thousand grin work

Or as a former boat owner told me, "A boat is a hole in the water you just keep throwing $100 bills into".
Posted By: tahoechallenge

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/05/21 06:35 PM

Just about anything goes. No old 2 strokes, and every boat/watercraft requires an inspection for invasive species.
There is a movement for noise restrictions. The lake front billionaires can be pretty persuasive.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/06/21 02:32 AM

Grand Prix Hydroplane excitement.

Jack Lupton and his team come from New Zealand to Canada with 3 GP boats to race Valleyfield which is the Indy 500 of Hydroplane racing.

My machinist buddy built him 2 engines out of the wreckage of 5 that they blew up that season so they could make the race at Valleyfield.

It was hauling the mail for sure!

https://youtu.be/9N5jNnC-pK0

Kevin
Posted By: moparx

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/06/21 04:01 PM

"what do boats and horses have in common ?"............"they both cost lots of MONEY to feed and store.".......... biggrin
beer

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/06/21 04:22 PM

I took this picture from my boat .. a few years back ( lol )
we had a lot of fun with boats back then ..

Attached picture well.jpg
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/06/21 06:21 PM

If you read up on Haulover, you will learn that there are certain times of day when the tide and winds really make that inlet a wild ride. There are some videos where its smooth as glass too. I guess its all on timing. Still, there are certain boats I wouldn't be comfortable taking out there.

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/07/21 01:59 AM

Ive got a little bay cuddy cruiser boat that I’m going to adapt a waaay bigger motor to be like a jet ski fun toy. I’m BEEFING UP the transom for this
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/07/21 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by dOc - 3.0 !
Ive rgot a little bay cuddy cruiser boat that I’m going to adapt a waaay bigger motor to be like a jet ski fun toy. I’m BEEFING UP the transom for this

Sounds like ya have plans to pull the big gals around.
But that's ok the big girls need love too.

Re: The Sea's were angry my friend - 12/07/21 04:01 AM

Nay k.aveMan .... chunky chicks sinky boats ! tsk

But whatever floats YUR boat ! smoke
© 2024 Moparts Forums