Moparts

need a cap on your truck SOMETIMES.

Posted By: Mr T2U

need a cap on your truck SOMETIMES. - 12/02/21 01:14 AM

this could be for you.
a inflatable cap that's easily removable and stored when you don't need it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...-is-literally-full-of-hot-air/ar-AARmqAa
Posted By: stumpy

Re: need a cap on your truck SOMETIMES. - 12/02/21 05:07 AM

Neat but a wee bit expensive.
Posted By: TJP

Re: need a cap on your truck SOMETIMES. - 12/02/21 03:46 PM

great idea, I have always hated the fiberglass ones due to their limiting the load issues up
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: need a cap on your truck SOMETIMES. - 12/02/21 03:52 PM

Many moons ago I was considering one of these: https://softopper.com/?utm_campaign...8gLzF9AIVjhTUAR3LJAN7EAAYASAAEgIwePD_BwE
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: need a cap on your truck SOMETIMES. - 12/02/21 03:59 PM

Many years ago, I had a friend who had invented some sort of an easily removable cap for pickups. As I recall he called it a Compacta-Cap or something like that.
It supposedly could be removed by one person and folded up for easy storage.
He seemed pretty obsessed with his quest to get this invention of his to market, in fact he became almost unbearable to be around as when you'd see him he'd immediately start talking about his invention nonstop, and how he was working with patent lawyers to patent his idea and meeting with companies trying to get someone interested in manufacturing and selling it.
I lost touch with him, but never recalled seeing anything in the way of his truck cap ever being sold, so apparently his passion/obsession with this cap he'd come up with never went anywhere. frown
Posted By: Ashsdad

Re: need a cap on your truck SOMETIMES. - 12/02/21 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fat_Mike

I have a neighbor with one of those on a new Ford Ranger. If my truck wasn't 20 years old and slowly returning to the earth, I would consider replacing the fiberglass cap I have with one. Although I do enjoy not having to shovel snow out of the bed in the winter if I want to actually use it for something.
Posted By: topside

Re: need a cap on your truck SOMETIMES. - 12/02/21 05:31 PM

My solution is I just have 2 trucks, one with/one without... laugh2
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: need a cap on your truck SOMETIMES. - 12/02/21 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by topside
My solution is I just have 2 trucks, one with/one without... laugh2

Only two? LOL
© 2024 Moparts Forums