Moparts

Moparts Secret Santa sign up

Posted By: adventurer

Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 11/26/21 11:44 AM

We are going to try to revive the Secret Santa game. The rules are fairly simple. If you are interested in playing chime in on this thread, send me a PM with your Name & Address. Some info about you, cars you own, t-shirt size, some idea of some other things you like etc.... All the ideas you can give will be helpful. I will collect all this info. After the closing dead line I will then randomly send you one of these names and info. You do a little thoughtful gift buying for them the more creative the better and ship it to them. Hopefully with the way shipping is it gets there before Christmas. Then your recipient is to put it under the Christmas tree and wait till Christmas to open it. If they just can't wait till Christmas and open it early they become known as the E.O.W. early open weenie. Then on Christmas day everyone opens their gifts, takes a picture of what they got and posts it onto this thread. The spending range should be around $40, you can spend more on your victim/recipient if you like but just remember you may only get something worth $40 in return from your Secret Santa. We don't have a lot of time to try to put this together. I am going to set a deadline for entry of Sunday Dec. 5th at 5:00pm est. so a little over a week. So come on and join in on all the fun. Chime in here to this thread, send your info to me and let the fun begin. We are going to need a minimum of 10 people to play to make it worth while. Come on and join in on the fun. XmasPengs

So far signed up
adventurer
1fastrunner
nutso suave
Ramrod39
larrymopar360
fourgearsavoy
MadMopars
Mopar.70
GB5andGY8
DynoDave
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 11/27/21 06:22 AM

I'm in. PM coming. XmasPengs
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 11/27/21 05:20 PM

I'm game! Sending you a PM now.
Posted By: MadMopars

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 11/28/21 12:45 AM

I'll jump in again... PM forthcoming... up Santa2
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 11/30/21 06:53 PM

Three more people!! We're getting there. up
Posted By: Mopar.70

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 11/30/21 08:27 PM

I've always wanted to do this and never have. . .so for this year count me in please! yellow

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/01/21 01:19 AM

Got 8 so far so getting close. Come we need at least two more to jump in and give this a go. I have always enjoyed this game, got several really cool things over the years. It has always made Christmas a little more fun. Santa4
Posted By: GB5andGY8

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/01/21 03:19 PM

Good morning Mopar faithful,

I'm in and will send a PM shortly. It's been a few years since I participated, but I feel the need to spread some cheer!

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/01/21 11:58 PM

(In my best "The Counts" voice)
9, Nine unsuspecting victims....... Oh I meant 9 Joyful participants whistling

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/02/21 03:05 PM

One more!!

up

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/02/21 04:47 PM

C'mon folks. One more player needed. I promise, no mass underwear mailing conspiracy this year. grin
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/02/21 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ramrod39
I promise, no mass underwear mailing conspiracy this year. grin

Oh, well heck, with THAT promise in place, sign me up!

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/03/21 01:15 AM

We made it to 10 Santa4 Santa3 Santa4
There is always room for more dead line for entry is Sunday Dec. 5th at 5:00 pm EST
Come on join in the fun XmasPengs XmasPengs XmasPeng XmasPeng

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/05/21 04:51 PM

We are in the final few hours, any last minute joiners?? Still time to throw your name in the hat. Send me a PM with your info and I will include you in on all the Christmas fun. Santa3

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/05/21 05:31 PM

C'mon folks. It's the most fun you will have on Moparts with your clothes on. grin

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/05/21 08:50 PM

C'mon folks. It's the most fun you will have on Moparts with your clothes on. grin
Oops. I better get dressed.

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/05/21 10:04 PM

Ok Secret Santa entry is officially closed. Give me a little bit and I will have all the names put together and the PM's sent. XmasTruck

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/05/21 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by adventurer
Ok Secret Santa entry is officially closed. Give me a little bit and I will have all the names put together and the PM's sent. XmasTruck
Thanks for all your efforts!

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/05/21 11:20 PM

Ok the deed is done and all the names are sent. I don't think I made any mistakes but if you have questions fire away either in this thread if it is just a general question or by PM if it is something more specific about your recipient. If you need more ideas or clarification from your victim let me know.

Time is very short we got a late start this year and with the way shipping is this year gifts need to be shipped as early as possible. I would suggest no later than 12/17/21. Please get and keep your tracking number on the package you ship so that if it doesn't arrive we have some way to figure out what happen. Please PM me when you have shipped so I can kind of keep track of progress.

Most of all have fun with this. Spending range is $40, spend more if you like but at least around $40. Use your recipients suggestions and be as creative as you can. Maybe stalk their post a little bit and find out something more about them. There have been some really great gifts over the years and some very funny ones.

Merry Christmas to all. Santa3
Let the game begin Santa4
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/09/21 12:53 PM

Well got 2 gifts so far for my victim grin other 2 should be here by early next week and on the brown truck by Wednesday XmasPeng

Gus beer

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/11/21 01:55 AM

I picked up two items local this week. The other was an online order. Arrives next week, then right into the mail. up

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/11/21 03:08 AM

Sounds like we are making progress. Part of my victims gifts have arrived. Should all be here by Wednesday and shipped shortly there after. XmasTruck

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/11/21 04:55 PM

I bought my item and I'm so impressed I'm going to have to get me one LOL. Mailing it Monday smile

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/11/21 11:32 PM

Package mailed today. Now, I guess I should buy stuff for the rest of the family...

Ho, ho, ho!

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/14/21 03:25 AM

Got a package in the mail today.. Santa4

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/14/21 12:17 PM

Waiting on USPS for one more. . . then complete package with local small items and should be on the sleigh Friday! XmasPeng

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/16/21 01:13 AM

Well got all my stuff rounded up now I package and ship tomorrow. XmasPengs

Gus beer

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/16/21 03:13 AM

Well my stuff that was supposed to show up today for my victim didn't. Still time if it will show Thursday or Friday. shruggy

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/17/21 12:44 AM

Something showed up in the mail marked from Secret Santa. Hmmmm, I wonder what it is???

Should I open it and find out?

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/17/21 01:03 AM

I was a little slow but I got to the P.O. today and shipped Santa's gift.

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/17/21 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by GB5andGY8
Something showed up in the mail marked from Secret Santa. Hmmmm, I wonder what it is???

Come on you know you can't wait till Christmas. Nobody would call you an E.O.W. whistling

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/17/21 02:49 PM

The brown truck picked up the package from the parts dept. at work yesterday so it should arrive early next week up

Gus beer

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/17/21 06:54 PM

So today the day everything shouid be shipped. I know I am still waiting on one more gift from mine to ship and I know one more Santa with the same problem.I know the status of shipment on most of you but just following up on the ones I have not heard a status of. I am sending PM's to you to ask on the one's I have not heard status on.

Merry Christmas

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/17/21 09:36 PM

Yes. Open it. Always fun to have a weenie to berate. grin

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/17/21 11:46 PM

Yes. Open it. Always fun to have a weenie to berate. grin

Well, I do think I see a tiny little tear in the packing tape that was obviously put there by the mail handlers. I’m just remembering that my neighbor has a borescope that I’ve borrowed in the past. I’ll bet I could borrow it again and just have a small look around through that packing tape tear… that wouldn’t be “opening” right?

Gotta ensure everything arrived safe and sound.

up

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/18/21 12:01 AM

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/18/21 01:56 AM

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Attached picture one-does-not-simply-wait-till-christmas-to-open-presents.jpg
Attached picture you-can-do-it-meme-27.jpg

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/18/21 08:01 PM

Well the reports are in from everyone that most gifts have shipped or are shipping very soon. drive XmasTruck
Now with a little Christmas magic they will all arrive in time for Christmas. XmasPeng or even in time for someone to be the EOW Santa4

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/18/21 08:10 PM

I'm working Christmas and don't mind a bit if mine comes after smile

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/19/21 02:41 AM

Now with a little Christmas magic they will all arrive in time for Christmas. XmasPeng or even in time for someone to be the EOW Santa4

Wait. I thought GB5andGY8 was gonna be our EOW this year????

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/19/21 12:14 PM

He has went silent on us. He probably has opened his gift and just don't want to tell anyone. grin

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/19/21 07:22 PM

To bring you all up to date, my neighbor wasn't around so I couldn't borrow his scope. I did notice that the tear in the packing tape had somehow gotten bigger and now I was able to see that there were two presents inside wrapped up in green paper.

Since I had verified that I was safe from being an E.O.W. because the presents inside were wrapped (originally I was just going to wait until Xmas to open the whole package), I took them out and placed them safely under the tree.

I have to confess though, I am wondering what Santa brought and don't know if I can hold out much longer... Santa2 confused

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/19/21 08:20 PM

Did DoC sign up? He might get those men's undergarments he's been focused on over in the unmoderated.

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/20/21 08:38 PM

E.O.W.?

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/20/21 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by DynoDave
E.O.W.?

Early Opening Weenie.

Someone who does not wait until Christmas to open their gift.

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/21/21 01:07 AM

AHHHHHHHH ! ! ! Santa3

Maybe it's something in my egg nog, but last night I had one of those Xmas dreams with sugar plums, reindeer, and girls in tight Christmas sweaters (Ok, maybe it wasn't one of those dreams, but pretty close).

Anyway, in a holiday delirium I awoke to find myself holding two unwrapped Moparts presents! Thanks to Santa for the cool Garage man-cave sign and adjustable beer bottle cooler. The last item will be really useful for when I'm fleeing the next round of California fires and need a cold beer!

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/21/21 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by DynoDave
E.O.W.?

Early Opening Weenie.

Someone who does not wait until Christmas to open their gift.

Ah...well, that explains why I could not find E.O.W. in the Urban Dictionary.

Shipping FINALLY came through, and my package has been sent.

Mine also arrived today as well. I promise not to be an E.O.W.

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/21/21 11:42 PM

AHHHHHHHH ! ! ! Santa3

Maybe it's something in my egg nog, but last night I had one of those Xmas dreams with sugar plums, reindeer, and girls in tight Christmas sweaters (Ok, maybe it wasn't one of those dreams, but pretty close).

Anyway, in a holiday delirium I awoke to find myself holding two unwrapped Moparts presents! Thanks to Santa for the cool Garage man-cave sign and adjustable beer bottle cooler. The last item will be really useful for when I'm fleeing the next round of California fires and need a cold beer!

We have our first Early Open Weenie!!!!!!!!! Santa4 Any one care to join him. drinking

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/23/21 10:20 PM

So mine arrived today. Thanks Santa. Haven't opened it yet as I was instructed to do by my Santa because something needs to be refrigerated. I will let the wife do that when she gets home so I won't be an EOW.

I know all gifts have shipped and that most have received their gifts, haven't heard a definite that you have received your gift on a couple. So if you could chime in to let me know
Yes I got my gift Santa4
or
No nothing yet runaway
so we can track it.

The ones I haven't heard from are
larrymopar360
nutso suave
fourgearsavoy (I know yours is in route)

Everyone else I have you as receiving yours. So if you haven't let me know.

Merry Christmas

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/23/21 11:59 PM

So the wife open my gift to find two nicely wrapped items in the box. One said to refrigerate and one was to put under the tree. So that is where they are now until Christmas. Thanks Santa

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/24/21 12:26 AM

Got my third SS gift today. Turns out the 2nd one showed up a few days ago and the wife put it under the tree without telling me. Silly women...

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/24/21 01:23 AM

Got a mystery package from Michigan today so I think this is it. up No EOW here I can wait until Christmas morning thanks Santa.

Gus beer

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/25/21 03:51 PM

Looks like everyone got their gift. I have not heard from larrymopar360 or nutso suave but their Santa's PM'd me and said they have delivery conformation.

So open my gifts this morning and THANK YOU SANTA!!!
Got a cool Mopar Shirt
A Matco magnetic grabber
A pair of Mechanics gloves
A tube of Toyota seal packing that has the coolest T-handle tube squeezer so you get all the sealant out. Its laying on top of box.
Then the best thing is the Beer. Mad Cap Brew CO. Bad Leroy Brown. 32oz 8.5% ABV. I home brew so I love microbrew stuff. Can is so cool has a warning on the can that says
"If you don't drink this beer within 5 days and recycle the can, then the Karma Goblin will come and upper deck your toilet. AAAAAAAAND nobody wants that."
So I am going to enjoy the beer tonight but I am going to tempt the Karma Gobblin and save the can because it is such a cool can.
Thank You Santa
Merry Christmas

Attached picture GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/25/21 04:40 PM

Huge thank you to Santa!! He set me up with a awesome fender cover that is much needed! A great T-shirt and perfect die cast! Wish he coulda seen the grin I had opening that one! Thanks to him and Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!
yellow Santa3

Attached picture ssg1.jpg

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/25/21 04:47 PM

I got some wonderful gifts that I will post pics of after work! Thank you Santa!!!!! up

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/25/21 06:34 PM

My Santa got me some awesome rubs for smoking and grilling,and 2 jars of BBQ sauce from Made In The Mitten. I can't wait until the rain lets up so I can fire up the Treager up

I will post up a pic of my stuff on Monday as my "good" camera is in my toolbox.

Thank You very much secret Santa this is truly the gift that keeps giving all year long. My wife is excited to taste what I create with the new rubs and seasonings.

Gus beer

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/26/21 01:38 AM

I'm on the road this Christmas, and the WiFi here is THE WORST! So I am checking in by phone to report that I received a wonderfully warm, MOPAR hoodie with red white and blue MOPAR omega logos. Very cool and just right for a cold Michigan winter. Thank you Secret Santa!
Posted By: MadMopars

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/26/21 01:40 AM

Secret Santa took great care of me this year! Cigars and a gift card for coffee. I have no words to express how grateful I am. They'll be enjoyed immensely! Even the wife got excited when I opened it. I'll have to hide them under my pillow and keep an eye on that one. Thanks so much sneaky Santa and a very Merry Christmas! -Trent

Attached picture 1225211828a~2.jpg

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/26/21 06:15 AM

I want to apologize to my victim as I was called back to work before I could safely receive and resend my gifts so I drop shipped them. I know that is kind of a party foul, but I wanted to participate. I hope he liked them! I spent Christmas 250 miles off the coast of California on a large ship…we had a white elephant gift exchange today that was a lot of fun. Dinner on the ship was epic, prime rib and honey ham with a variety of delicious sides.

I appreciate Adventurer putting on Secret Santa this year…thank you!

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/26/21 05:05 PM

Yes Adventurer stepped up.

I got to post my pics soon! Really thoughtful and nice gifts smile

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/26/21 07:06 PM

Thank you Secret Santa! I received a nice Dodge keychain that wifey took for her Journey, a very nice Dart hoody sweatshirt, and a cool 2nd amendment t-shirt. All much appreciated. And special thanks to Adventurer for making this happen. As always, Moparts SS is a fun event!

Attached picture Keychain.JPG
Attached picture Shirt 1.JPG
Attached picture Shirt 2.JPG
Attached picture Sweatshirt.JPG

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/27/21 03:14 AM

Thank you for all the kind words about heading this up. I need to say thank you to all of you as well for making this as easy as it was. Best I can tell it came off without a hitch. I really hope this made all of your Christmas a bit brighter and more enjoyable. I know it did for me. I always look forward to this every year. Maybe next year we can get some more participants.

For those of you that have not posted pictures of your gifts please do at your convenience. Love seeing the pictures of what everyone got.

Merry Christmas to you all
Larry

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/27/21 05:13 PM

Here's the cool sign and bottle keeper Santa brought me and thanks again!! Sorry to have been the E.O.W., but what's Moparts Secret Santa without one? beer XmasPeng

Attached picture Secret Santa 2.jpg
Posted By: 1fastrunner

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 12/29/21 04:08 PM

I want to say Thank You for the gifts I received from my Secret Santa, they put a lot of thought into them.
I received a '71 Roadrunner Shirt, custom coasters and a matching magnet. I also received pepper jelly, peanut butter dip, beef jerky and 2 shot glasses.
Thank You Secret Santa, and Adventurer for running the event.
Jim

Re: Moparts Secret Santa sign up - 01/06/22 09:19 PM

Well I finally got caught up on work and stuff so lets try this picture thing

Gus beer

Attached picture IMG_0049[1].JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums