Moparts

I can no longer post here or read

Posted By: 340SIX

I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 02:41 AM

This message took forever I have ad block plus but it does not stop Info links from killing my page/ So I will no longer be here. I can no longer fight it. And this happens to be they only site on the net that does it.
It is the same as asking me to leave.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 02:47 AM

I don't know what you do to earn a living BUT if someone just demanded you stop because they didn't happen to like it what would your reaction be? Info Links helps pay the rent. Instead of blaming Moparts or InfoLinks, maybe you should blame Ad Block
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 03:21 AM

I cannot do anything with Moparts on my cell phone, but I have no issues on my laptop. Which device do you use? shruggy
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 03:25 AM

I’ve pretty much home based on FABO and FBBO. I’ll hit Moparts every so often but rarely post now.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 03:49 AM

This message took forever I have ad block plus but it does not stop Info links from killing my page/ So I will no longer be here. I can no longer fight it. And this happens to be they only site on the net that does it.
It is the same as asking me to leave

I have zero problem with Infolinks. I use Adguard on my laptop and phone. Versions for Widows, Mac, IOS, Android.
Android users: Google does not allow system wide ad blockers on thier playstore so you have to get it from the Adguard website instead of the android Play store.
https://adguard.com/en/welcome.html

Edit: Sorry looks like the Android version is the only one that can be had for free now. I switched to Adblock plus on my windows laptop. So far it is working OK.
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by 340SIX

I sincerely hate that.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I cannot do anything with Moparts on my cell phone, but I have no issues on my laptop. Which device do you use? shruggy

I use Firefox with uBlock Origin just so I can do Moparts on my phone. Bye Bye Infolinks.

I run Adblock Plus on my laptop with Chrome. It keeps infolinks at bay.

Kevin

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Stanton
I don't know what you do to earn a living BUT if someone just demanded you stop because they didn't happen to like it what would your reaction be? Info Links helps pay the rent. Instead of blaming Moparts or InfoLinks, maybe you should blame Ad Block

Moparts installed the Info Links.
They have banners at the top and bottom as well as Google ads plus Info Links.
Info Links is very aggressive. No way should someone have to opt out at every click to view content.
I uninstalled Ad Block Plus and Installed Adblocker Ultimate and looks like it will let me surf a whole session with opting out just once
As with the Plus Info Links was making me opt out at every page. Click to read must opt out. Go back reload read. If I posted, I had to re opt out. Or if I clicked to read another thread must opt out again and reload page. Info Links was relentless. I understand Banners at the top and bottom and even the Google ads. But talking ads and having to opt out at every click no way no how.
And I do not mind the banners I support them as they support the board.
No other site I go to has this aggressive type of ads like Info links that will lock a phone or computer up or limit use in this manor
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 12:53 PM

I'm confused by what Kevin said with all his mentioning of 'opting out' etc, etc.

I have just AdBlocker Plus on my home PC, and I see ZERO info links. ZERO.

Does AdBlocker not work on laptops or phones?

Since Moparts is the only place with such aggressive info links of the places I visit, I just wait until I'm home to browse it. I haven't bothered trying to install an adblocker on my phone (yet).

Is Kevin missing a setting or am I just not understanding? shruggy confused
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

I'm confused by what Kevin said with all his mentioning of 'opting out' etc, etc.

Since Moparts is the only place with such aggressive info links of the places I visit, I just wait until I'm home to browse it. I haven't bothered trying to install an adblocker on my phone (yet).

Something else is wrong. I just did a clean install on a Win 11 machine, fresh firefox. I installed AdNauseam, infolinks broke through immediately, installed Adblock Plus, infolinks banished. No geeky tweaking required, just install and gone.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 01:23 PM

Ghostery add-on in Google chrome on a PC works pretty well.

I haven't found anything quite as solid for a mobile app.

What cracks me up is all the locked and deleted threads back when people first started complaining about this garbage.
Sure sent a strong message back then. Maybe overly and unnecessarily so.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 01:41 PM

Since Moparts is the only place with such aggressive info links of the places I visit, I just wait until I'm home to browse it.

Yup, me too.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 02:04 PM

On a desktop computer it is so easy a monkey can do it. On my iPhone it took some time but it’s good now to. Now if someone could make posting pictures as easy as it is on Abodiesonly we would see people coming back for tech.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

On a desktop computer it is so easy a monkey can do it. On my iPhone it took some time but it’s good now to. Now if someone could make posting pictures as easy as it is on Abodiesonly we would see people coming back for tech.

Members come and go, but I do think infostinks hinders growth of new members. Anybody checking in will be repelled by infostinks and not inclined to stick around. 2¢

fxbo is far superior in ad management, IMHO.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 02:30 PM

I run Adblock Plus on my laptop, desktop and I pad and have absolutely no issues with pop ups. Moparts is no longer the first place I check anymore when I go online.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 02:36 PM

John, photos are really pretty easy here too. Just click on the "attachment manager". Then "select a file to attach", that will open a window where you will navigate to the folder where your photo is stored. Double click on the photo, the attachment manager window will show a little moving circle while the photo loads. When it stops click "done" and your photo will be loaded. up
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 02:58 PM

Members come and go, but I do think infostinks hinders growth of new members. Anybody checking in will be repelled by infostinks and not inclined to stick around. 2¢
I agree. New members aren`t knocking the doors down to get in here.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61

John, photos are really pretty easy here too. Just click on the "attachment manager". Then "select a file to attach", that will open a window where you will navigate to the folder where your photo is stored. Double click on the photo, the attachment manager window will show a little moving circle while the photo loads. When it stops click "done" and your photo will be loaded. up

Adblock Plus works great on my laptop. However all pictures saved on Windows 10 and above are saved as .jfif files and Moparts is not compatible with those files, you have to change them to .jpeg files so they will load, don't know why Moparts can't fix that... shruggy

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 03:22 PM

Adblock Plus works great on my laptop. However all pictures saved on Windows 10 and above are saved as .jfif files and Moparts is not compatible with those files, you have to change them to .jpeg files so they will load, don't know why Moparts can't fix that... shruggy

Ya my iPhone must save pictures to big or something. I’m about where 50% will post and 50% won’t. With many of them bring sideways. Lol. At least my Meme’s post up.
Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 04:16 PM

I have adblock on this laptop and haven't had problems with info links until yesterday. It popped up then disappeared later that day. shruggy
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 04:19 PM

Kevin....try UblockOrigin . I was at the same point that you are, and ready to just throw in the towel after being here since 1997. I only come on Moparts on my laptop, and never on my iPhone, so I don't know if it will work on a phone. I can read and post here now, and not have the stupid assed pop up ads jumping in right and left. I hope it will work for you. I don't ever remember you not being on here, so you've been here as long as I have, and I'd hate to see you give up and not be here anymore.
https://ublockorigin.com/
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by JDMopar
Kevin....try UblockOrigin . I was at the same point that you are, and ready to just throw in the towel after being here since 1997. I only come on Moparts on my laptop, and never on my iPhone, so I don't know if it will work on a phone. I can read and post here now, and not have the stupid assed pop up ads jumping in right and left. I hope it will work for you. I don't ever remember you not being on here, so you've been here as long as I have, and I'd hate to see you give up and not be here anymore.
https://ublockorigin.com/

This, RIGHT HERE. ^^^^

uBlock Origin is easily the best ad blocking plugin available. Run it in Chrome or Firefox on both Windows or Android phones. iPhone users are out of luck.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 05:36 PM

My home network software and PC software pretty much take care of Infolinks on my PCs.

However this site is like playing Wack-a-Mole with my iPad.

I see other sites that have implemented Infolinks in a much less intrusive way.

It is a shame that it has diminished this site and run off good contributors.

Management does not seem to care so I guess that additional revenue must be offsetting the reduced traffic, for now.

I understand the need for ads but not if they diminish the usefulness of the site.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 06:43 PM

All my photos are .jpg files, guess that's why I have no issues.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 06:46 PM

Ya my iPhone must save pictures to big or something. I’m about where 50% will post and 50% won’t. With many of them bring sideways. Lol. At least my Meme’s post up.

Typically I email photo's from my phone to myself, this way I can make them smaller. A lot of the sites I go to have a limit on how big the files can be.
Posted By: 360view

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 06:49 PM

On my iPad Air 2
the “Brave” browser for iOS tamed the infolinks problem on Moparts

I tried several other ad blocking techniques on iOS
but Brave browser worked best.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 06:57 PM

What I do is use https://imgur.com/ to 'host' my pics and then get a direct link. It's free and one feature I REALLY like is that I can open the site then drag and drop pics from websites to save and be able to post them here (facebook pics as an example).

[Linked Image]

This may sound sarcastic, but its not meant to.....the members of Moparts are getting old(er). I wonder how many even know about the tabs directly above where you type a response or can even see those tabs? scope
Posted By: Trulyvintage

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 09:27 PM

FREE

Moparts is provided free of charge to the Public.

Moparts Sponsors cannot pay all the costs required to
operate the website - ad space has to be sold.

I have been a Sponsor for (11) years now.
I have to put up with ads just like everyone else.

If you don’t like it - LEAVE

Don’t start a thread - just GO

Jim drive

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 09:39 PM

Turn out the lights when you leave.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/16/21 10:55 PM

Sometimes I look in on a break at work so I can't install anything.

But honestly it's not so bad that I'm going to go away. There's a wealth of knowledge here and I've learned so much and I enjoy venting on the unmoderated section so all-in-all I'm grateful for Moparts and it's a small price to pay
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/17/21 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Trulyvintage
FREE

Jim drive

And if everyone leaves .....who will see your ads for transport??? Who will see all the other sponsors ads?? Nobody.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/17/21 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dcuda69
FREE

Jim drive

And if everyone leaves .....who will see your ads for transport??? Who will see all the other sponsors ads?? Nobody.

I have supported Tom & his forum because he is one
of the few owner operated public forums still left
that hasn’t sold out ….

I don’t get hardly any business with my posts.

I am sick & tired of the Whining that goes on
about the ads from folks that give nothing to
help keep this forum running ….

Want the ads to go away - chip in money
to help pay the bills or Quit B!TCH!NG …

Jim drive
Posted By: Sniper

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/17/21 01:44 AM

Want the ads to go away - chip in money
to help pay the bills or Quit B!TCH!NG …

Jim drive

That option has been repeated brought up and ignored.

Plenty of people have offered to pay to be here if the ads would go away.
Posted By: TJP

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/17/21 02:10 AM

same here, No issues shruggy

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/17/21 02:19 AM

Jim drive

Kevin has contributed far more than you ever have. Take your own advice.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/17/21 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by 3hundred

Jim drive

Kevin has contributed far more than you ever have. Take your own advice.

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is ….

Literally …. twocents

How Much Money Have You Paid In To Keep Moparts Running ?

Specifically How Much Money ?

Talk Is Cheap …. fan

7700 Plus Posts Means You Live In The Unreality Of The Internet …. argue

I Live & Work In The Real World Where Some Of The Money I Earn
Helps Support The Forum You Post On For Free …. catfight

Jim drive

Posted By: 69superbee383

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/17/21 09:22 AM

Interesting. I don’t post much here anymore but do read a few threads a week. I am on an iPhone 8 and the only pop up I get is an an infolinks tab at the very bottom of the screen that I can cancel out quickly. It’s not even really something I even noticed until I read this.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/17/21 11:31 AM

In my experience there's a couple things that seem to kill forum traffic(I see this one dying slowly)

1) Too many ads! I use an Adblocker so I see very little but as stated in the many threads about them,some people cannot use them or they don't work on a particular device. Some forums block you if using one....I don't go to those forums anymore(see how that works?)

2) Too many holier than thou members.....haven't found any software for that yet.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/17/21 12:59 PM

2) Too many holier than thou members.....haven't found any software for that yet.

there is an ignore function.

Click on user name, view profile then the ignore button.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/17/21 03:40 PM

I don't mind the ads and understand that they are needed to fund the site.

However ad software that s so poorly integrated that it can make the site near unusable is another issue.

I think it is also unreasonable to expect users to install ad blocking software to use a site, even though I have done that.
Posted By: Wheeler

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/18/21 03:24 AM

I use Microsoft Edge with the AdGuard AdBlocker extension to surf the web. It blocks all of the pop up ads on Moparts.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/19/21 04:48 PM

AD BLock Plus, stops all the garbage on this site and is free unless you want to make a donation.
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 12:00 AM

Well Kevin, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. lol
Posted By: bobby66

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 12:20 AM

I could barely read when I first got here! drinking

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 12:38 AM

I have trouble reading Docs posts but kindergartners have no issues. See Dick run. Run run run.
Posted By: TJP

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper

there is an ignore function.

Click on user name, view profile then the ignore button.

up beer
Posted By: redraptor

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 11:58 AM

I have trouble reading Docs posts but kindergartners have no issues. See Dick run. Run run run.

haha I hAve To cliCk ofF alOt of InfOstInks to Get a nuGget liKe thaT!
Posted By: massdaytona

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kudakidd
Well Kevin, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. lol

thats mighty christian of you
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 01:58 PM

NOTHING kindergarten about it .... cHeEzY burgher guy tsk

Just sober uP .... I see yur back to yer drinking dayz !

180 proof moonshine? .. from that Looneyville mountain top ? 🤡

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by redraptor

haha I hAve To cliCk ofF alOt of InfOstInks to Get a nuGget liKe thaT!

Now to the pInKchickadee !

I appreciate yur efforts in the sticky kEyBoArD 😂

Attached picture 981CCB26-6800-4E0D-9F6B-D4D9C2B04D26.png
Posted By: moparx

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 04:27 PM

is that a pic of your new GiRLfRiEnD DoC ? biggrin
beer

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by dOc - 3.0 !

I don’t have to drink to know you are an immature nut case. Lol 😂
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 07:11 PM

I don’t have to drink to know you are an immature nut case. Lol 😂

Please don't feed the troll... or should I say, pLEaSe DoN'T feED tHe tRoLL blah
lock
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 08:14 PM

It has been brought up on multiple occasions for forum members to be able to donate monthly to the site. I've offered and others have too. Never hear anything from management.

This is a community as well and everyone here is entitled to respectfully communicated opinions. If you want to take a business only approach to it then this place only exists because of the forum members taking their time to share their knowledge. If the interface of the board is being rendered unusable then maybe we should listen.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by MarkZ
It has been brought up on multiple occasions for forum members to be able to donate monthly to the site. I've offered and others have too. Never hear anything from management.

This is a community as well and everyone here is entitled to respectfully communicated opinions. If you want to take a business only approach to it then this place only exists because of the forum members taking their time to share their knowledge. If the interface of the board is being rendered unusable then maybe we should listen.

I interpret the above to mean that the forum is what it is because of the members and not the management, right?
I agree. It is that way on every forum though, in my opinion.
There needs to be some Moderation and management but without great members, there would be nothing worthwhile to manage.

I have seen some Moderators on some forums take the attitude that THEY are to be credited with the success of the site. No, screw that. Much like this country and the Government, the freedom to express and share experiences is what helps others, not oppression and heavy handed Policing.

Regarding the original topic: I find it strange that a member has to take measures to avoid pesky ads, a situation that the site owner is clearly aware of yet chooses to keep in place. A smaller ad that didn't annoy people would likely be seen by many more and generate MORE sales for that advertiser but no....lets hit the members with a sledge hammer so they resort to a complete blockage of all ads. REAL effective tactics, advertisers....
For the record, I see no ads except the car related ones in the banner at the top. That is fine because that is why I joined this forum. I love these cars and see the parts and service ads as helpful. I don't need reminders about soup crackers, laundry detergent, Political campaigns or anything else.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 09:34 PM

Very interesting and informative......

Two TRULY immature TROLLS outed themselves by their own behaviors tsk

I said NOTHING here to TROLL burgher until he trolls me....

Then this dolt troll from Missouri.... Who i’ve never said WORD ONE TO .....

FUGG OFF ... both of you TROLLS....

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 10:19 PM

Very interesting and informative......

Two TRULY immature TROLLS outed themselves by their own behaviors tsk

I said NOTHING here to TROLL burgher until he trolls me....

Then this dolt troll from Missouri.... Who i’ve never said WORD ONE TO .....

FUGG OFF ... both of you TROLLS....

I see you can pitch but you can’t catch. Lol 😂

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 10:25 PM

I can both PITCH AND CATCH in friendly bantering....

But there was nothing FRIENDLY about what you two toads did

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 11:03 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 11:19 PM

[Linked Image]

up

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 11:22 PM

Ahhhhhh .... Satty7 ... good to see your pacifier is handy when you feel BUTT HURT over one of my posts AT YOU !

Inquiring minds - gotsta know .... WHICH END do you insert that piece into ? xmaseek

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 11:28 PM

Ahhhh.. the Fort Worthless 1.5 hun gotta show his TROLLdum !

WHICH end do you use YOURS in ? Tips from Mayor Pete ? xmaseek

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/20/21 11:46 PM

Day..ummmm ... this is almost like YELLOW BULLET ......

...... but YB lite ! wave

FEAR .. the swirl !

Attached picture CF3E6AC2-F151-4AF1-B6D1-A67A5DCB9377.png
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 05:19 AM

Village idiot is off his meds again I see.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by J_BODY
Village idiot is off his meds again I see.

Ahhhhh j Booby .... who THE FUGG turned the rock over and LET YOU OUT ?

Starting TO TROLL me again after all these years ?

Ur hardly WORTH THE FLUSH !

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 04:31 PM

I believe he won`t be gone for long. He always comes back. Just just gets frustrated at times.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
I believe he won`t be gone for long. He always comes back. Just just gets frustrated at times.

Sometimes he even writes a sentence like a normal human. Other times you wonder if he can crew gum and walk at the same times. Have there ever been studies on what fiberglass resin does to your brain?

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 04:55 PM

Edward Snyder Insurance Ad

Have you ever worked with fiberglass resin???
If so, we can get money for YoU!!!

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 04:55 PM

Have there ever been studies on what fiberglass resin does to your brain?

Probably not, but we have exhibit 'A' right here showing us.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 05:50 PM

ALoHa .... ha ha HA ! xmaseek

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 06:12 PM

Have there ever been studies on what fiberglass resin does to your brain?

Probably not, but we have exhibit 'A' right here showing us.

Thank you SaddySack7 .... for no mo FAKE NEWS up

You reply TO the guilty dirty bird ...., exhibit A

JUST as long as you speaketh THE TRUTH .....

Ur safe from THE SWIRL.... fur now !

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 06:18 PM

An emergency PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT......

If you’ve had exposure to TOXIC SHREDDED FOAM .... from a MINIsoda pillow manufacturer.....

There’s NO HOPE fur you ! ... your UNsanity is Permanent!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 09:01 PM

And the village idiot rambles on... realcrazy

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 09:28 PM

t ... give it a rest .... tsk

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/21/21 11:05 PM

We will when you grow up and post like an adult. Hint hint.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/22/21 01:08 AM

We will when you grow up and post like an adult. Hint hint.

That's as likely as no one complaining about info links.................

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/22/21 12:49 PM

You two need to find a different place to play back and forth with each other. Kinda annoying.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/22/21 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
You two need to find a different place to play back and forth with each other. Kinda annoying.

aNnOyInG ? ,. You think ? .,. I say GIVE IT A REST .,. Then certain people continue trolling tsk

I’m TOTALLY GOOD with leaving these apimp alone ...
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/23/21 12:15 AM

I dont know why I'm even slightly caring, but the o.p. is still lurking, just not posting. I guess I've always felt if you're gonna do something just do it. He never started trouble with me or anyone else that I know of, and he did do a decent polish job on some pieces as well. But if you say goodbye, just follow through.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/23/21 12:36 AM

mopJ .... Kave man is a good guy ... he’s just having problems posting off his phone.

I’m having the same issues .... I’ve just had to have had to adapt
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/23/21 12:49 AM

I'm sure he is. I only view this site on my phone as well. I dont have ad blockers or any kind of program to deflect these ads, I just take a deep breath and count to 5, then clear the ad. I dont live on here, so maybe why thats the reason it doesn't ruin my day.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/23/21 01:32 AM

Kev is a good guy. He's survived hurricanes, he's survived cancer (if I remember correctly), I'm sure he'll survive info links. up

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/23/21 12:55 PM

InfoSTINKS must have something MAJORLY to do with it

Being on moparts stresses the battery life on my iPhone 6 and makes the keyboard act screwy. It sometimes takes a typed word FIVE SECONDS or so to display ...

I’m on two other sites and nothing like that happens there

If Tom ever wants to consider dropping STINKS and the charge a membership fee ... Id be all in

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/23/21 02:52 PM

Being on moparts stresses the battery life on my iPhone 6 and makes the keyboard act screwy. It sometimes takes a typed word FIVE SECONDS or so to display ...

I have the same issues and I have an iPhone 8. It's Tom's board, he can do what he wants.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/23/21 04:12 PM

DoC's typing takes 5 seconds or more per letter because he has to thimk up what comes next....... laugh2
beer

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/23/21 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
DoC's typing takes 5 seconds or more per letter because he has to thimk up what comes next....... laugh2
beer

ABcdEFghiJKlMNOpqrSTuvWXyz

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/23/21 06:26 PM

you can tell i'm right. ol DoC ain't replied yet !
i think he got more CoBwEbS in his punkin' than i do......... biggrin
beer

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/23/21 11:44 PM

**** you are NOT ignoring this user because it is SUCH A HOOT to see how throughly I’m living in their head - RENT FREE ****

ALoHa !

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/23/21 11:55 PM

This site now is a BATTERY KILLa !

In about 20 minutes I went from 72% to 9%. eek

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/24/21 01:18 AM

I wonder if Doc knows there was a lawsuit against Apple for their iphone6 phones. Seems they were caught manipulating the phone so the battery would drain faster and people would get new phones because they were tired of having dead batteries. They won the lawsuit and people were given a much cheaper price on new batteries.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/24/21 01:20 AM

Thats your hacked phone transferring all you money straight to china.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/24/21 01:49 AM

yO poTOE.... effen I had yurs ... I wouldn’t worry bout mine !
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/24/21 02:21 PM

I recently used the Duck Duck Go browser on my Android and did not receive a single pop up ad.

Maybe I am an anomaly or maybe it is a solution for those who can use it. It doesn't have a PC version but it is available for Android and I think Apple.

Just a thought.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/24/21 04:29 PM

aLoHaHa to you DoC ! up boogie penguin punkrocka Santa4
temp up here north of CODER is a crisp 36 degrees. i was out this morning shirtless checking tire pressure and fluid levels in the old "bus". biggrin
beer

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/24/21 09:29 PM

I installed a new blocker but it did not like the AVG so took it off and the blocker worked.
So got another blocker and reinstalled AVG.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/25/21 12:58 AM

Try Ghostery on a PC. Works well.

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/25/21 05:51 PM

Told you he would be back.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/26/21 12:05 AM

Isn't this what happens to your brain when getting out of bed.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: I can no longer post here or read - 11/26/21 05:03 AM

Use the Brave browser. It cures all the problems.
© 2024 Moparts Forums