Moparts

JS Restorations retiring

Posted By: ricomondo

JS Restorations retiring - 11/09/21 10:25 PM

Received an email from JS restorations that he plans to retire soon, and has asked that his web page and sponsor info be removed here from Moparts.
He stated he will finish all parts currently in house and in his possession, but then that's it. I currently have one last part with him being restored.

Very sad to hear as Jim is a wonderful man, patient and does tremendous work.
Wishing him Godspeed in retirement!
Posted By: TJP

Re: JS Restorations retiring - 11/10/21 02:17 AM

Can't say I blame him and I am doing the same. been at it 25 years or so and I'm done. The former employees really helped make the decision. I will keep things going but on a much smaller part time basis. twocents
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: JS Restorations retiring - 11/28/21 09:31 PM

Well DANG! I was looking up his post to pass it to another hobbyist overseas and ran across this post. Good for Jim. I hope someone is there to fill the gap of his retirement from doing switches, but he's got huge shoes to fill as one of the little guys that has been absolutely tremendous for our hobby. My car has his switches in it and I have recommended him many times over the years. We have had great phone conversations. A truly great guy and a master at what he does. His services will be missed. bawling
Posted By: 71TA

Re: JS Restorations retiring - 12/02/21 12:46 AM

Jims not old enough to retire smile

I don't ever plan on retiring. I can't. I like eating people food instead of dog food.

Good luck Jim
Posted By: Publicbottle

Re: JS Restorations retiring - 09/06/22 09:10 PM

Who is able to restore wiper switches now that Jim has retired? He did a couple switches for me and was impressed! Have a couple more coming up soon....................
Posted By: crackedback

Re: JS Restorations retiring - 09/06/22 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Publicbottle
Who is able to restore wiper switches now that Jim has retired? He did a couple switches for me and was impressed! Have a couple more coming up soon....................

You may try "Devinism" over at for B bodies only. He rebuilds that stuff IIRC.

He may be a member here, try searching the user list.
Posted By: devinism

Re: JS Restorations retiring - 09/07/22 12:01 AM

If Jim is not taking on any more work I would be happy to help.

Devin Duke
Wagoner OK
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: JS Restorations retiring - 09/07/22 04:52 AM

Devin will treat you right. Has done a few things for me. Will do more.
Posted By: Publicbottle

Re: JS Restorations retiring - 09/23/22 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by devinism

If Jim is not taking on any more work I would be happy to help.

Devin Duke
Wagoner OK

Good to know! Do you have a website Devin?
Some details on pricing and services would be appreciated! Thanks to all who replied!!👍
Posted By: devinism

Re: JS Restorations retiring - 09/26/22 11:54 PM

PM sent

Thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums