Moparts

lost a good friend

Posted By: RO23dave

lost a good friend - 09/15/21 01:38 AM

Just found out that my friend of 47 years succumbed to complications of covid, and then a heart attack. Joe Graffagnino was a non-car enthusiast until we met, and he saw my race car. Joe was a US Marine during Vietnam. He became an advocate for FDNY firefighters safety and changing laws, after his son, Lt. Joey Graffagnino was killed in the Deutsche Bank fire in manhattan. After retirement, he started writing novels, and many were published. He was always a jokester, and, could take a good ribbing. Joe always had exciting and funny stories, from his time in the marines. And when i'd say lets hit the bar, he'd usually beat me there I still can't believe he's gone. I just hope he finds his son, and they continue watching over everyone. Goodbye my friend. That's my rant for the day. Dave ss/ea #1355 fury
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: lost a good friend - 09/15/21 01:41 AM

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. angel
Posted By: A12

Re: lost a GREAT friend - 09/15/21 12:01 PM

Dave that's not a rant that's a very nice eulogy for a good friend and great person. Very sorry for your loss and the loss to this world. Thank you Joe for your service and what you did for Firefighters, and thank you Joey for your service and being a first responder. Godspeed you both.

Mike
Posted By: moparx

Re: lost a good friend - 09/15/21 03:52 PM

as a former firefighter, my thoughts and prayers go out to both of your families.
sorry for your loss, and it's sad to see a brother go.
angel
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: lost a good friend - 09/15/21 06:35 PM

Sorry for his passing.Take care and god bless. angel
Posted By: Hemi_Jack

Re: lost a good friend - 09/15/21 10:19 PM

angel RIP
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: lost a good friend - 09/18/21 06:37 PM

Sorry to hear Dave,prayers for all he left behind. angel
Posted By: SALEM1912

Re: lost a good friend - 09/20/21 01:32 AM

Sorry for the loss of your friend, sounds like a great guy.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: lost a good friend - 09/20/21 09:39 PM

Condolences on your loss.
Posted By: ricomondo

Re: lost a good friend - 09/20/21 10:53 PM

Condolences on the loss of your good friend.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: lost a good friend - 09/21/21 12:35 AM

angel
© 2024 Moparts Forums